• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

Rumor has it Jeff Carter wants out of Columbus.

Jurco+Nyquist and a 4th?

No way.

Carter was traded out of Philly mainly because of off ice issues, and now he's rumoured to be fed up in Columbus after not even a quarter of a season? Avoid at all costs.

Besides, Nyquist is our best forward prospect, and we just drafted Jurco and he's having a tremendous season.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

Trade 2 guys that consistently let us down but are still young and skilled enough that we can get return....

Ericson + Huds for --> Nabaokov.

I don't like Hudler and Ericsson at all, but let me get this straight: you're looking to trade the two of them for a guy who won't want to play back up and who is injured as of last night.

There goes 6 mill in cap space, and we can sign Brendan Smith.

Brendan Smith is already signed and has been for over a year. If you're referring to clearing cap space to bring him to the majors, then you're still wrong, because the Wings have vastly more than enough space to call him up and keep him for the entire season should they decide they wish to do so.

Remember the 250lb monster that Bertuzzi was from 2001-2004 in Vancouver ... the guy that walked around 30lbs heavier than today, played 28 minutes a game and was faster than he is now? We could use something like that to deal with defenses like San Jose that manhandle our undersized forwards all game.

Power forwards of Bertuzzi's ilk are rare. He wasn't called the Freight Train for no reason. His back surgery put an unfortunate damper on his career.

#23 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

I have looked into the future and in a parallel universe, where this happens, the Wings win the Stanley Cup

They made a blockbuster move to really shake things up and sent Franzen, Hudler, Ericsson, Smith and a 1st rd pick to Nashville in exchange for Kostitsyn, Erat and Weber... everyone gets healthy and this happens:
Filppula-Datsyuk-Kostitsyn
Cleary-Zetterberg-Erat
Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader
Holmstrom-Emmerton-Eaves
Miller

Lidstrom-Weber
Kronwall-Stuart
Kindl-White
Commodore

:ph34r:

DISCLAIMER - This is meant more as a joke than anything, but in all seriousness, I really do think we need a major roster shake-up, just to break the complacency that has hit this team....

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#24 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Rumor has it Jeff Carter wants out of Columbus.

Jurco+Nyquist and a 4th?

I would honestly vomit.

Jeff Carter has to be one of the most overrated players in the game. Yes, he gets his points but people on this board are frustarated by the perimeter play of the current crop of forwards...just wait for Carter. The guy has no heart and will never be truly elite in this league.

I have looked into the future and in a parallel universe, where this happens, the Wings win the Stanley Cup

They made a blockbuster move to really shake things up and sent Franzen, Hudler, Ericsson, Smith and a 1st rd pick to Nashville in exchange for Kostitsyn, Erat and Weber... everyone gets healthy and this happens:
Filppula-Datsyuk-Kostitsyn
Cleary-Zetterberg-Erat
Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader
Holmstrom-Emmerton-Eaves
Miller

Lidstrom-Weber
Kronwall-Stuart
Kindl-White
Commodore

:ph34r:

DISCLAIMER - This is meant more as a joke than anything, but in all seriousness, I really do think we need a major roster shake-up, just to break the complacency that has hit this team....

Stevkraus - even as a joke, it pains me so much to see you make such an ugly suggestion.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

I would honestly vomit.

Jeff Carter has to be one of the most overrated players in the game. Yes, he gets his points but people on this board are frustarated by the perimeter play of the current crop of forwards...just wait for Carter. The guy has no heart and will never be truly elite in this league.

Stevkraus - even as a joke, it pains me so much to see you make such an ugly suggestion.

Yea... admittedly, I got a little out of hand with that one... the driving point I was making, albeit in an over the top manner, was I think we need a drastic roster shake up to wake some people up... and at least 2 roster players are probably going to have to be involved to do this...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#26 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Yea... admittedly, I got a little out of hand with that one... the driving point I was making, albeit in an over the top manner, was I think we need a drastic roster shake up to wake some people up... and at least 2 roster players are probably going to have to be involved to do this...

Yeah, I mean you're probably right. Some one noted in another thread that this situation feels similar to just prior to the Shanahan deal. Complacency is definitely an issue.

I've been one that's wanted to wait and see where this team is at and then ideally make a move at the deadline. Problem is it may be too late by then. They need a jump start for sure.

Also, to me this team needs a turn around more for Lidstrom's sake than for making the playoffs. There is no way Lidstrom shoudl retire after a crap season. He'd also feel as though they aren't competitive enough to stick around.

#27 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

A trade for Parise or Semin is the only thing that would be big enough for the Wings imo. Those of you saying to trade for a goalie, that will make NO DIFFERENCE at all for the team's success because Howard has been playing pretty much lights out all season... the problem has been our big boys. Semin has not been great this season, just like Franzen, so I think some sort of trade between those 2 would be great for both teams, but a major move is necessary for the Wings imo.

#28 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

A trade for Parise or Semin is the only thing that would be big enough for the Wings imo. Those of you saying to trade for a goalie, that will make NO DIFFERENCE at all for the team's success because Howard has been playing pretty much lights out all season... the problem has been our big boys. Semin has not been great this season, just like Franzen, so I think some sort of trade between those 2 would be great for both teams, but a major move is necessary for the Wings imo.

I just don't like Semin's compete level... Franzen takes nights off too though, so, who knows...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

I just don't like Semin's compete level... Franzen takes nights off too though, so, who knows...

I would rather have Semin than Franzen, honestly. Semin is just small and lazy. Franzen is big and lazy, which is worse. Doesn't use his size at all.

Semin hasn't played well in the playoffs, but I think him and Datsyuk would be magic. A right-handed one timer and a fellow Russian might wake Pavel up. Datsyuk and Franzen just seem to have no chemistry, which is why they've never stayed together for long.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Franzen does not have the shooting ability that Semin could provide... Semin has played 2nd line minutes with no one on is line in washington and still gets 30 goals... I think him and Pavs could be a great duo and, more than that, I think Babs could fix the lazyness factor since he is so young.

TO add to that, it would make our powerplay units much more dynamic because we could have a right hander on the point on BOTH units.

PP1: Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer
Semin- Lidstrom

PP2: Cleary- Filpulla- Hudler
White- Kronwall

I think a trade for Semin would do wonders for the wings...

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Ah, yes. We should trade Franzen, whose inconsistency bothers us, for Semin, whose inconsistency utterly peeves Capitals fans at some points--and who, to boot, has known attitude problems. Oh, and he'll cost a lot more.

Bear in mind that as much as some of you are ragging on Franzen, he's currently the team leader in scoring with nine goals and seven assists; he plays a good defensive game; and he comes at an affordable price. Semin is currently having an awful season (4G, 5A), is known to be a prick at times, is known to be very lazy at times, and comes at a higher cost.

I disagree with said suggestion. It seems like another "let's make a trade for the sake of making a trade" ideas.

Edited by Crymson, 18 November 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

I would rather have Semin than Franzen, honestly. Semin is just small and lazy. Franzen is big and lazy, which is worse. Doesn't use his size at all.

Semin hasn't played well in the playoffs, but I think him and Datsyuk would be magic. A right-handed one timer and a fellow Russian might wake Pavel up. Datsyuk and Franzen just seem to have no chemistry, which is why they've never stayed together for long.

Big and lazy is worse?? Not sure I follow your reasoning. At least when Franzen decides to play he uses his size as an asset.

And trading one lazy player for another doesn't sound like a great idea to fix this team.

Franzen does not have the shooting ability that Semin could provide... Semin has played 2nd line minutes with no one on is line in washington and still gets 30 goals... I think him and Pavs could be a great duo and, more than that, I think Babs could fix the lazyness factor since he is so young.

TO add to that, it would make our powerplay units much more dynamic because we could have a right hander on the point on BOTH units.

PP1: Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer
Semin- Lidstrom

PP2: Cleary- Filpulla- Hudler
White- Kronwall

I think a trade for Semin would do wonders for the wings...

As stated above, Semin is talented but has a questionable compete level. That's the last thing this team needs.

Here's just the latest example:

Washington rallied for a 3-1 win over the Devils at Prudential Center on goals by Alex Ovechkin, Jason Chimera and Marcus Johansson. The Capitals also did it without the services of talented Russian winger Alexander Semin, who was benched by Boudreau for the final 24 minutes.

“I just thought a couple guys weren’t going,” Boudreau said before addressing the reason he sat Semin. “Sometimes he’s a great player and he’s a player we’re going to need tomorrow night [against the Devils again]. I just thought you take another penalty and at the same time, there were some plays where I thought he could have done a little bit more and he didn’t. Again, one of those feelings.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 18 November 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#33 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Ah, yes. We should trade Franzen, whose inconsistency bothers us, for Semin, whose inconsistency utterly peeves Capitals fans at some points--and who, to boot, has known attitude problems. Oh, and he'll cost a lot more.

Bear in mind that as much as some of you are ragging on Franzen, he's currently the team leader in scoring with nine goals and seven assists; he plays a good defensive game; and he comes at an affordable price. Semin is currently having an awful season (4G, 5A), is known to be a prick at times, is known to be very lazy at times, and comes at a higher cost.

I disagree with said suggestion. It seems like another "let's make a trade for the sake of making a trade" ideas.

I agree that I wouldn't want to exchange Franzen for Semin. Although, I don't think I'm nearly as opposed to Semin (in general) as you are. There are people out there who want Semin, and that's fine, but if it were me who was trying to acquire Semin I would be doing so to add him to our scoring without the cost of trading Franzen. I'd do it in a way where Franzen would not be going the other way.

#34 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

I do not think we could make that trade unless we gave up Franzen. The only other way would be to give up Fil and I do not want to do that because he has been WAY MORE consistent this season then Franzen and can be used in all sorts of different roles.

#35 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Why do people want to trade Franzen? he's the only forward in the top 6 showing up.

Trade picks / prospects for a big 35 goal scorer, waive Hudler, and move Fippula down to center the 3rd for scoring depth.

Jeff Carter wants to be traded, he's a big 35 goal scorer... he even scored over 40 goals a few years ago. He may have character issues, but there are no realistic better options. Devils aren't moving Parise.

Edited by Heaten, 18 November 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#36 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Why do people want to trade Franzen? he's the only forward in the top 6 showing up.

Trade picks / prospects for a big 35 goal scorer, waive Hudler, and move Fippula down to center the 3rd for scoring depth.

Jeff Carter wants to be traded, he's a big 35 goal scorer... he even scored over 40 goals a few years ago. He may have character issues, but there are no realistic better options. Devils aren't moving Parise.

What? Franzen and Fil are the only reason we have 19 points on the season. We don't need more 'depth', we need our top paid players to show up. Franzen and Fil should stay on the same line until this happens, otherwise we're going to be losing a lot more than 6 in a row.

#37 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

As much as we all wish we could turn our coal into diamonds, it just isn't going to happen. I have said it before and Ill continue to say it. The way you get impact players is to poach them off of a struggling team my giving them prospects and picks for their rebuild. The players we should be talking about are not Parise (If the Devils are in a playoff hunt why on earth would they move him). The players we should be looking at are Iginla, Spezza, Carter, Doan, and other other decent player on a bad team.

Holland has already stated in interviews that the 1st round pick is basically on the table and that we have one of the deepest prospect pools that we have had in a long time. If we want to get an impact player on our roster we will have to pay for him. One of Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Tatar, Jurco, or one of our other "high potential forwards".

This team would not gain much by moving one of our top 6 forwards (filppula, franzen) for another top 6 forward. We need 5-6 top 6 forwards not the 4 we have. When your a contender your move prospects and picks to get deeper. When your a rebuilding team you sell your impact players for picks and prospects.

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 18 November 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#38 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Howard has been the best player on this team this year.

So much fail.

THIS
be about it!

#39 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

id love to work something around carter. we could use a right handed center. i mean okay, he had issues in philly but the ones he has in cbj are all due to the fact that he got traded to the worst team in the league. I think he'd be a great fit here. I'd try something around cleary, ericsson, 1st for carter - detroit adds a prospect. I wish hudler could be added but won't work for the bj's cap. Kindl looks good and is much cheaper than ericsson and without big E's contract thats more money to throw at suter. Bring smith up for good.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#40 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

My personal opion is to bring in Marty Turco get rid of Ty conklin, Have Jimmy howard to work harder at being a better goalie. when is the last time a detroit goalie stole a game for them, I also don't like juri Hudler to much gives the puck away way to much and is really soft on defense. Get well soon Bert

What we need is a goal scorer on our 1st line! We don't have one Dats doesnt shoot the puck plus he is more of a set up guy Cleary is a grinder and Homer well homer is what Homer always has been someone to park in front of the net.
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image