• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/20 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

f***. Not good.

Quick question for you guys, wife was asking and I didn't have a 100% certain answer. Say a goaltender makes a save like Jimmy did, puck stays in his glove and his glove hand falls back behind the line before the ref can blow the whistle. Discounting any "intent to blow" call, is that a goal?

I'm not sure what the official rule is but I swear we had a goal against us in a situation just like that because his hand was pushed into the net.

Whew, thankfully no goal...and they negate their PP.

Even though their season hasn't gone well Ducks still have lots of skill in their top two lines. They've got points by Selänne, Koivu, Perry, Getzlaf and Fowler just like you'd expect. It's their lack of depth that has hurt them the most I guess.

I'm not sure what the official rule is but I swear we had a goal against us in a situation just like that because his hand was pushed into the net.

Like in '07 when the Ducks pushed Dom into the net and the goal stood? Friggin' O'Halloran...

you could tell about half way through that period that the Wings are starting to get tired from playing yesterday... that is usually what happens when you play in back to backs. Hopefully we can weather the storm and walk out of here with a Win after the 3rd... we got a powerplay to work with so hopefully we can re-take the momentum with that.

Great effort by Jimmy again, Hank has been great all game, Pavel has been great again... all around it has been a great effort by the boys, its just they got tired.

How many back to backs have the Wings had already? This seriously has to be at least their 5th set of back to backs... that is retarded!

Anyways, finish the game strong wings! :)

How many back to backs have the Wings had already? This seriously has to be at least their 5th set of back to backs... that is retarded!

This is fourth. This far they've got one win and two losses in the second games of back-to-backs.

Edited by P. Marlowe

The Smith call was textbook interference. Rookie mistake, and he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt there.

The big mistake he made was to go away from the puck to go after the body, instead of simply squeezing out the forechecker as Smith had at least a step or two on him. Get your body in front and get the puck! It doesn't matter if you hit the guy if they get a goal because of it!