• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/20 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

Greasy road win ... good s***. Not the prettiest, but when youve played 3 of 4 nights any 2 points is a good 2 points. Nice to see Pav come out of this weekend with 4 points and Hank get a pair today as well. Im incredibly excited about Brendan Smith. Hes made a few mistakes and hes bound to make more but this kid is really looking like hes gona be the real deal. I hope he stays on the squad once Whitey is back. I really think with Kronner, White, Lids, and Smith on the back well have so many different looks/options for offense from the point its not funny. Jimmy played another great game also - hes really maturing in what appears to be a top flight tender in this league. Well done boys - keep it going against Calgary on Wednesday!

It's got to be so frustrating for Babcock. With Franzen's size, playmaking ability and a wrist shot like that, how has he not scored more than 34 goals in a season?

What has playmaking ability gotta to do with scoring goals? Not much.

He doesn't position himself like elite scorers or he doesn't work like elite scorers do. Or a little bit of both.

What has playmaking ability gotta to do with scoring goals? Not much.

He doesn't position himself like elite scorers or he doesn't work like elite scorers do. Or a little bit of both.

I meant playmaking in the broader sense, not just setting up teammates. He has good offensive instincts and is creative.

And I think we're basically agreeing with each other. He doesn't use his size like he should and go to the tough areas of the ice. And he takes shifts off.

Guest Crymson

Mule needs to play like that every night.

He certainly does during the playoffs. Kronwall once said that Mule sometimes seems bored during the regular season.

He certainly does during the playoffs. Kronwall once said that Mule sometimes seems bored during the regular season.

I'm pretty sure Franzen has even said as much himself. While I can understand that the season can be a grind, I can think of 4 million reasons why he should he give an honest effort anyway.

Not to mention a couple more points in the regular season would've gotten them home ice against San Jose. Who knows what happens then...