#301 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08A0cRcmSGY

Edited by P. Marlowe, 21 November 2011 - 01:20 AM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#302 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

Man, if Franzen went all out every night he would be a force.

The guy has a hell of a release.

Posted Image

#303 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

We're 4 points behind Chicago with 2 games in hand. So we're pretty much right where we want to be.

#304 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

Greasy road win ... good s***. Not the prettiest, but when youve played 3 of 4 nights any 2 points is a good 2 points. Nice to see Pav come out of this weekend with 4 points and Hank get a pair today as well. Im incredibly excited about Brendan Smith. Hes made a few mistakes and hes bound to make more but this kid is really looking like hes gona be the real deal. I hope he stays on the squad once Whitey is back. I really think with Kronner, White, Lids, and Smith on the back well have so many different looks/options for offense from the point its not funny. Jimmy played another great game also - hes really maturing in what appears to be a top flight tender in this league. Well done boys - keep it going against Calgary on Wednesday!

#305 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image

Great photo! Nice to see the boys so happy! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#306 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Franzén's wrister is INSANE :clap:

#307 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Franzen is on pace for a career year. Let's hope he can keep it up and in 70-80 point range!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#308 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

How awesome would it be if he tried every shift like he did tonight?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#309 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

It's got to be so frustrating for Babcock. With Franzen's size, playmaking ability and a wrist shot like that, how has he not scored more than 34 goals in a season?

#310 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

It's got to be so frustrating for Babcock. With Franzen's size, playmaking ability and a wrist shot like that, how has he not scored more than 34 goals in a season?

What has playmaking ability gotta to do with scoring goals? Not much.

He doesn't position himself like elite scorers or he doesn't work like elite scorers do. Or a little bit of both.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#311 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

What has playmaking ability gotta to do with scoring goals? Not much.

He doesn't position himself like elite scorers or he doesn't work like elite scorers do. Or a little bit of both.

I meant playmaking in the broader sense, not just setting up teammates. He has good offensive instincts and is creative.

And I think we're basically agreeing with each other. He doesn't use his size like he should and go to the tough areas of the ice. And he takes shifts off.

#312 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Mule needs to play like that every night.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#313 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

Mule needs to play like that every night.

He certainly does during the playoffs. Kronwall once said that Mule sometimes seems bored during the regular season.

#314 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

He certainly does during the playoffs. Kronwall once said that Mule sometimes seems bored during the regular season.

I'm pretty sure Franzen has even said as much himself. While I can understand that the season can be a grind, I can think of 4 million reasons why he should he give an honest effort anyway.

Not to mention a couple more points in the regular season would've gotten them home ice against San Jose. Who knows what happens then...