• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bramsy

Crosby coming back

Rate this topic

Good, he's good for the NHL, no matter how much people blindly hate him.

People don't blindly hate him. There are many great reasons to find him annoying. The diving, the whining, the fact that he doesn't back check and just skates around the net.

Don't get me wrong, he's got talent, but all of his annoying attributes combined with the NHL force-feeding us 24/7 Crosby over a period of 3 years didn't help.

For example, Crosby is a *****, and will be hated when he throws prima donna tantrums like this after 60 minutes of diving and whining:

Edited by Holmstrom96

People don't blindly hate him. There are many great reasons to find him annoying. The diving, the whining, the fact that he doesn't back check and just skates around the net.

Don't get me wrong, he's got talent, but all of his annoying attributes combined with the NHL force-feeding us 24/7 Crosby over a period of 3 years didn't help.

For example, Crosby is a *****, and will be hated when he throws prima donna tantrums like this after 60 minutes of diving and whining:

Agree. There's no blind hatred, and it's not just limited to Detroit. Cindy hears it from the fans in most, if not all arenas outside Pittsburgh.

Crosby's one of those athletes who's had everything handed to him in life. When he doesn't get his way, he doesn't know how to handle his emotions. He's probably whined his way through life. Even with all his talent, it's tough to respect a guy like that.

Agree. There's no blind hatred, and it's not just limited to Detroit. Cindy hears it from the fans in most, if not all arenas outside Pittsburgh.

Crosby's one of those athletes who's had everything handed to him in life. When he doesn't get his way, he doesn't know how to handle his emotions. He's probably whined his way through life. Even with all his talent, it's tough to respect a guy like that.

Eeeeexactly. I hate when people say it's blind hatred. The guy is a total tool. I think NHL fans have made themselves quite clear in their Crosby-hate. He is popular, but mostly among Pittsburgh fans (a large demographic) and casual NHL fans who don't really follow the sport. And it's not just that teams only like their players. Ovechkin is hugely popular, as is Ryan Miller, and both are among the best. The NHL did market Ovie for a while, but it seems most of the press he gets is of his own making (endorsements, etc.) or if he's playing Crosby. The sheer circle jerk for Crosby makes it worse. The guy is good, but he gets 10x the coverage and he's not 10x as good as the other superstars. It just makes us fans feel that he doesn't deserve it, and we see all these guys that do not get any attention.

Eeeeexactly. I hate when people say it's blind hatred. The guy is a total tool. I think NHL fans have made themselves quite clear in their Crosby-hate. He is popular, but mostly among Pittsburgh fans (a large demographic) and casual NHL fans who don't really follow the sport. And it's not just that teams only like their players. Ovechkin is hugely popular, as is Ryan Miller, and both are among the best. The NHL did market Ovie for a while, but it seems most of the press he gets is of his own making (endorsements, etc.) or if he's playing Crosby. The sheer circle jerk for Crosby makes it worse. The guy is good, but he gets 10x the coverage and he's not 10x as good as the other superstars. It just makes us fans feel that he doesn't deserve it, and we see all these guys that do not get any attention.

Ov and Miller are tools as well though. If I didn't know Ryan Miller was an upper echelon goalie in the NHL I would be totally creeped out by that mofo. Maybe you have to be a tool to get any kind of press. It makes sense actually when you think about the definition of tool.

miller a tool? give me more to back that up. he's a goalie for goodness sake. he's a lil sketchy by nature, but a tool?

Ov, fine......

where's the love for Stamkos? kid is amazing!

...and since no other player has ever come back from a concussion as Crosby has (because nobody in history or the future has been or will be better or has had to battle such a life threatening injury) it's not only a unanimous decision award him the Masterson Trophy, but starting next season it will renamed to the Crosby Trophy. We here at the NHL just cannot believe how great Crosby's dedication to getting healthy was and how much he had to overcome. No other player has ever accomplished this in the fashion that Crosby has. -Gary Bettman

Get Ready... :ninja:

Ov and Miller are tools as well though. If I didn't know Ryan Miller was an upper echelon goalie in the NHL I would be totally creeped out by that mofo. Maybe you have to be a tool to get any kind of press. It makes sense actually when you think about the definition of tool.

Even as an Ovie fan, I'll fully acknowledge that he can be a tool. He can be way too cocky at times, but on the other hand, you can really see his genuine love for the game and pure, unbridled excitement when he plays.

Hadn't heard negative things about Miller though, figured he was a nice guy.

Oddly enough, I have both an Ovie and Miller jersey.

Even as an Ovie fan, I'll fully acknowledge that he can be a tool. He can be way too cocky at times, but on the other hand, you can really see his genuine love for the game and pure, unbridled excitement when he plays.

Hadn't heard negative things about Miller though, figured he was a nice guy.

Oddly enough, I have both an Ovie and Miller jersey.

I like Ovi too. Yeah, he can be cocky and sometimes have touchdown celebrations after goals, but he's just genuinely excited about the game. He's not a whiner. He's not a diver. He's a two-way player. He has no sense of entitlement.

I don't know much about Miller (since the Eastern conference only exists to us if we go to the finals). The only thing I do remember is that he accidentally hit a photographer with the puck through a camera-hole in the boards. He went over to make sure the guy was OK. After the game he gave the guy his goalie stick. So in my mind this Miller guy seems to be a class-act.

This is a HUGE story up here in Canada, and in fact the game tonight will be broadcast live coast-to-coast on CBC.

Anyways on a personal note I'd like to say it's great to see Crosby return to the great game of hockey, but he's still a tool and I still hate his guts.

As this was going on, I found out that he wore a white helmet at practices as a visual aid to his teammates, minimizing the chance of getting hit hard.

That was before he was cleared for contact....he wore the same colour helmet as everyone else since being cleared....no contact limitations at all since then.

I like Ovi too. Yeah, he can be cocky and sometimes have touchdown celebrations after goals, but he's just genuinely excited about the game. He's not a whiner. He's not a diver. He's a two-way player. He has no sense of entitlement.

I think this is where some may say "blind hate." Ovechkin's not a diver? I can find some video showing some more blantant dives than you'll ever find for Crosby. He's a two-way player? Is that a joke? His coach may be trying to push that, but he defense is nowhere near to the level of Crosby (not saying Crosby is a defensive master, but he's improviing for sure and is much more two-way than Ovechkin). He's a centre though, so tough to compare.

Not sure what the sense of aentitlement commen is about though, but I'm assuming it's just a fun throw in that can't really be backed up, but hey...why not.

It's funny, anyone that I talk to that spends any time at all around Crosby suggests he's one of the most humble professional athletes they have ever encountered. I guess it's funny the contrasting views some fans can take (I tend to rely on those that actually spend more time around him though).

Let's take a step back for a minute. Things might not be as they appear

http://penguins.nhl.com/

Clearly, they're welcoming back Sid (Your Show of Shows) Caesar from retirement. Hello, coach Calhoun!

can't wait for a new Eric Lindros game to start. The first was David Steckel. Who is next? I think Clarkson this season.

One of Ken Hitchcock's henchmen will make him bleed Wednesday. Chris Stewart, do your job.

Not sure what the sense of aentitlement commen is about though, but I'm assuming it's just a fun throw in that can't really be backed up, but hey...why not.

What the video I posted. You'll see a spoiled, entitled, pampered, little brat of a child throwing a temper tantrum because he lost.

Have you ever scene Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom go after a guy at the end of a game out of frustration? Never.

No one denies his talent, but he's not half the man of a Yzerman, Lidstrom, Gretzky, Messier, or any of the other great captains.

Edited by Holmstrom96

What the video I posted. You'll see a spoiled, entitled, pampered, little brat of a child throwing a temper tantrum because he lost.

Have you ever scene Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom go after a guy at the end of a game out of frustration? Never.

No one denies his talent, but he's not half the man of a Yzerman, Lidstrom, Gretzky, Messier, or any of the other great captains.

The video you posted is only a big deal because it's Crosby. So what, he was frustrated, yes he has a temper at times, so what, so do a ton of guys in the league. Plays like that happen all the time and yes, I have seen Yzerman act like that before and yes, I've seen Yzerman whine at least to the level of Crosby. In part, you will tend to see more of that from captains.

If you spend a few games and just follow Crosby around, watch the punishment he takes during the game...behind the play. There is no doubt that he snapped a bit there, but to suggest that is so strange when you compare to everyone else is odd. With Gretzky, no only did he not take anywhere near the punishment Crosby gets, he would have never reacted like that for 2 reasons...1) he probably doesn't have as much of a temper and 2) he had other people do it for him.

I don't know much about Miller (since the Eastern conference only exists to us if we go to the finals). The only thing I do remember is that he accidentally hit a photographer with the puck through a camera-hole in the boards. He went over to make sure the guy was OK. After the game he gave the guy his goalie stick. So in my mind this Miller guy seems to be a class-act.

Crosby is definitely hard to like, but I think using AO as the standard is a bad example.

Ovi sure as hell isn't a two-way player, whereas Crosby actually is. And Ovechkin is also arrogant, dives, whines, is entitled, and plays over the line sometimes. I was a big AO fan the first couple seasons, but it's gone down several notches with each questionable thing he does.

Anyways on a personal note I'd like to say it's great to see Crosby return to the great game of hockey, but he's still a tool and I still hate his guts.

This.