• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bramsy

Crosby coming back

Rate this topic

Even with Zetterberg's struggles this season, I'd still take him against Golden Boy as well.

zetterberg-henrik-392-cp-080531.jpg

This. I was going to post that (^) video, but feel it's been done nicely :)

I forgot. Zetterberg outplayed Crosby in a playoff series 4 years ago, back when Crosby was like 21. And a lot of that credit should go to our team defense in general.

He did outplay Crosby, but that doesn't hold much water if we're talking about the here and now.

By that logic, players who have retired cannot be seen to be in Crosby's league, as they're not "about the here and now". Got to know where you've been to know where you're going. Z has a good few years on him, hasn't been as offensively potent, but sure as hell stole the show on D for a good long while (for a forward that is), which negates all the offense in the world. We won in '08 because you shut down their best player, and then secondary scoring picks it up for you. When that's the case, I'd still choose Z's defence over Sid's offense.

Great first game back for Sid, but yeah... it was the Islanders people. You know the franchise that hasn't been good in like 20+ years. Plus, with their 4th string rookie goalie to boot. He always done exceptionally well against this team. A couple years ago Ovechkin had him by 10 points, Crosby played the Isles twice, and they were tied. Talk about his "greatness" when he's not blowing up the Isles or Leafs.

You've got to wonder if he hasn't been ready for a while, and certain people saw an opportunity to exploit his comeback, "No don't put him in yet, wait a few days and have him return against the Isles". That being said can you imagine if they had a Western schedule, and had to travel to the Sharks and Anaheim however many times a year. He'd be out again. Interesting to see what it'll be like if they rearrange into 4 division and get paired with Philly.

yep... I open TSN to watch highlights of yesterday's games...

of the 30 videos available on top page of the NHL section about 15 are about the return of Crysby...

you sure don't get the impression that he's shoven down our throats, huh?

I'm glad he's back. I'll be even happier two weeks from now, when I can watch a game/read an article

that doesn't mention the Jesus Crosby rebirth... mind you, he's just a player. good one, but just a player...

pierre mcquire ACTUALLY just said "imagine for nilsson, one day he can tell his grandkids, 'i gave up crosby's first goal back.'"...please tell me somebody else heard that

If you think that's ridiculous you should have heard Glen Healy on CBC Hockey Night in Canada. He actually said, in all seriousness, that he thought the NHL should send out a league wide memo to all of the teams tell players to lay off physically on Crosby for a while to protect him.

Personally, I'm glad he came back and played well. I don't hate him. I'd much rather laugh at the absurdity of the media whacking off to Crosby than listen to the reports on him if he had played poorly or gotten hurt.

Pretty much, it's been hilarious to me since I've joined. The amount of jealousy some of the fans here have of the best player in hockey is just mind blowing.

No you thinking he is the best player in hockey is mind blowing and has been since you have been here. You say it's jealousy?? hahaha That,s even more funny. Look again on the front page of nhl.com and thats why not only do a lot of fans on here dislike him but many fans all of this sport. Even players. Let's say this slow and big enough so maybe even you can understand...like most of the people that hate him here thinks...

WE.....KNOW...AND...AGREE.....HE......IS.....A......GREAT.....PLAYER.......WHAT......WE.....DON'T.....LIKE.........IS......THE........FACT.......THAT.......THE.......LEAGUE.......PUSHES.........HIM..........DOWN.......... EVERYONE'S............THROAT.

All Crosby haters can just stfu. I don't care what excuses y'all have, 2g 2a in his first game back. He s***s on Z and Dats combined.

Remember when Franzen scored 5 goals in one game??

We have this guy named Lidstrom. Not many people have a better resume than him.

I don't get why people dismiss defensemen when talking about all-time greats. It always goes to "the greatest defensemen". Sure he has declined some now at 41 but if we are talking about over-all, which I assume you are, since you said "resume", not many beat Nick, to me, he is right behind Gordie Howe in greatest Red Wings players all time and is in the conversation with Gretzky, Lemieux, Gordie, Orr, etc for greatest all time players.

I didn't count Lidstrom because I was just talking about forwards on the Wings who are at the level of Crosby, as more of an apples to apples comparison.

Lidstrom is absolutely one of the all time greats. Probably #2 on the list of all defenseman, but I don't have a lot of knowledge on guys like Shore and Harvey. But on hfboards it's hilarious that he's regularly put behind Bourque, or even in the bottom half of the top ten. His greatest sin there being that he's not Canadian.

The highlights from last nights game showed how great Crosby is and also why so many people hate him. His goal 5 minutes into the first period, then later on in the game he was knocked on his butt and sat there on the ice for a second, reacting like a 5 year old who just had his favorite toy ripped from his hands. Wondering why the ref didn't immediately call a penalty, I assume.

But then off the ice in interviews, he was absolutely humble in his comments.

I have to wonder if some of his on ice douchiness is just that he's grown up winning most of the time and being the star on the ice, and still hasn't learned how to conduct himself like a grown ass man and captain. Yzerman used to yap at the refs constantly, especially as he got older, but he wasn't such a little ***** about it.

that is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree, waaaaay over the top. Embarassingly so. I would like to objectively admire his play on my own without anybody in my face about how great he is. It's militantly distracting.

On the other hand, that little f***** is amazing.

We are worried that Z has topped out and his body is letting him down, to no real fault of his own. Sidney Crosby, as much as I don't care for the guy or the hype that comes with him, was head and shoulders more productive than any other player in the league when he left, and he is still getting better every season. I hope he stays healthy so I can see what he can accomplish in the years to come.

Datsyuk is amazing and has unbeleivable skills and moves and is an absolute joy to watch, but his skills don't translate to production like Crosby's do. I do think that Crosby's continuous improvement will inspire Datsyuk to higher levels of production.

I didn't count Lidstrom because I was just talking about forwards on the Wings who are at the level of Crosby, as more of an apples to apples comparison.

Lidstrom is absolutely one of the all time greats. Probably #2 on the list of all defenseman, but I don't have a lot of knowledge on guys like Shore and Harvey. But on hfboards it's hilarious that he's regularly put behind Bourque, or even in the bottom half of the top ten. His greatest sin there being that he's not Canadian.

The highlights from last nights game showed how great Crosby is and also why so many people hate him. His goal 5 minutes into the first period, then later on in the game he was knocked on his butt and sat there on the ice for a second, reacting like a 5 year old who just had his favorite toy ripped from his hands. Wondering why the ref didn't immediately call a penalty, I assume.

But then off the ice in interviews, he was absolutely humble in his comments.

I have to wonder if some of his on ice douchiness is just that he's grown up winning most of the time and being the star on the ice, and still hasn't learned how to conduct himself like a grown ass man and captain. Yzerman used to yap at the refs constantly, especially as he got older, but he wasn't such a little ***** about it.

Absolutely well said, HS.

Incidently, the Vancouver Team 1040 sports talk guys say it's past time to have the conversation about Lidstrom surpassing Orr as #1. Not that he definitely is, but the conversation is up and running. They list all the reasons why and it's a great discussion.

LOL at people bringing up how the Islanders are a horrible team. It's not like Crosby ever scores points against any of the good teams in the league, right?

This blind hatred is really funny sometimes.

I suspect their point is that had he come back to play say Philly or Vancouver, would he have had the opportunity to do as well or would he have gotten his bell rung? Playing NY is pretty much a free pass.

I thought it was a good plan - ease him back into the game. And I say let's go after the media members who insist on papering the NHL page, etc with SC news, not blame SC himself. One well-placed bomb would do wonders for the quality in reporting! :lol:

LOL at people bringing up how the Islanders are a horrible team. It's not like Crosby ever scores points against any of the good teams in the league, right?

This blind hatred is really funny sometimes.

It doesn't hurt to have your star player come back after 11 months against a 21 year old rookie tender, and one of the worst teams in the league.

It was amazing how he played last night, but you gotta be a bit realistic when you think about how he will play for the rest of the season. He's not going to get 2-4 points every night. He's not going to score every night. He's going to have some off games. That's hockey.

You have to think he was amped up play last night too. I'm not saying he can't get up for other games, but after being out so long, I'm sure he was a little off the chart last night. Gotta give him credit though...he sure showed up to play last night.

As a note to those who dislike the "blind hatred" of f***head up there, if you don't like that there are people here who dislike him, either suck it up and accept that hey, a lot of people don't like the guy, or go post on LetsGoPens, where there will NO "blind hatred" of Sir ******-a-Lot.

Choice is yours.