• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bramsy

Crosby coming back

Rate this topic

Personally i hate the kid even more because ESPN NHL first headline reads...... shoot they took it down, BUT i saved a pic (because i wanted to make fun of him and share with ya'll). the headline read "Crosby says he's sore, but healthy"

a) he's sore from ____? heeh

b) are you serious... we need updates on his soreness?

c) great night following your spectacular 'must watch tv' return bud.

d) have a happy thanksgiving LGW!

Personally i hate the kid even more because ESPN NHL first headline reads...... shoot they took it down, BUT i saved a pic (because i wanted to make fun of him and share with ya'll). the headline read "Crosby says he's sore, but healthy"

a) he's sore from ____? heeh

b) are you serious... we need updates on his soreness?

c) great night following your spectacular 'must watch tv' return bud.

d) have a happy thanksgiving LGW!

well, I'm sure there were a lot of people wondering "so could his head handle a full contact game" thinking he might have symptoms after playing, so really, that headline makes sense.

well, I'm sure there were a lot of people wondering "so could his head handle a full contact game" thinking he might have symptoms after playing, so really, that headline makes sense.

Agree, that was a rough game for someone who was out 11 months with a concussion.

Nothing like padding stats against two bottom feeder teams. Plays well in a blow out game, actually contributed in only one goal with a nice assist, the other two were secondary assists of the most fortunate variety. He has played well and all, but hardly something outrageous, the hockey world is back on his jock all over again. Same old, same old.

Look on TSN.ca and they are touting his performance as "playmaker and agitator", HA. As per the usual, the kid is, well, a kid. Lays a few two, three crosschecks first, someone pushes back, and he tosses a pretty blatant elbow, then steps out and lets Kunitz deal with the fall out. Why does the hockey world have to drop to its knee for such a little puke? Why does one of the most talented/the most promoted star in the game have to be such a doucher?

Home games, lopsided victories and two teams in the toilet. One game against a halfway decent team and he ends up in the box three times, no points, and a Pens loss. Not knocking his stats per se, but rather the league falling back into its same old ways, a few good months without the endless Crosby talk and now its back in full gear. Disappointing and undeserving for such a little turd. Long overdue that the league's poster boy and Bettman's favorite punk nephew grows up and starts properly filling the former role instead of the latter.

Haven't heard the kid's comments when or if he was asked about the elbow, but I can picture the same personality-less, monotone, pouty blank response. "When I said I wanted headshots out of the game, I meant hits to MY head". Tool.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

Crosby will soon catch Zetterberg....that's embarassing, crosby shouldn't be THAT much better, but he is at the moment.

http://paranoidpuck.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/sids-return-draws-disappointing-numbers-on-versus/

The backlash is palpable but the league just doesn't learn. Promoting a player is one thing; that's good. But what they're doing with this guy is cartoonish. They don't get it, and I suspect they never will.

http://paranoidpuck.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/sids-return-draws-disappointing-numbers-on-versus/

The backlash is palpable but the league just doesn't learn. Promoting a player is one thing; that's good. But what they're doing with this guy is cartoonish. They don't get it, and I suspect they never will.

This linked article was even funnier:

Pierre McGuire "verbally fellating" Crosby

Sidney Crosby's(notes) four-point night in his return to NHL action was the stuff of hockey fables, which is code for "an event easily drenched in shrill, saccharine cliché that makes the climax of a Disney children's sports film look cynical by comparison."

So in a way, Pierre McGuire was both the most appropriate and the most unfortunate announcer to serve as a color commentator for Crosby's big night; standing between the benches for VERSUS, serving up his usual platter of mistimed trivia and verbal fellation of star players.

McGuire has fawned over the Pittsburgh Penguins captain before, so one anticipated it would happen again if Crosby managed to accomplish anything of significance during his return against the New York Islanders. But a four-point night transformed McGuire into a close-talking hybrid of Paula Abdul and Jeff Craig of "Sixty Second Preview."

Here are 11 of Pierre McGuire's ickiest/weirdest/oddest actual lines about Sidney Crosby's comeback on VERSUS Monday night, taken out of context and best read in his distinctive voice:

11. "How about that strength down low? Wow."

10. "When he played for Team Canada at World Juniors as a 16 year old in Helsinki Finland where it's dark 23 out of 24 hours, he was carrying the stick bag and it was minus 40 degrees."

9. "The only thing he's havin' a tough time doin'? Growin' a mustache."

8. "Everybody in the League better shake their head! This guy's for real and this team's for real!"

7. "He does it sooo many different ways."

6. "I think if you were to go on a pro-rated basis, he's on pace for 240 points."

5. "He's Peter Forsberg(notes), for those who remember the great Peter Forsberg, Sidney Crosby's Peter Forsberg with more pure finishing ability than Peter Forsberg had."

4. "You talk about the all-around superstar that Sidney Crosby is, it's been a Crosby-palooza tonight."

3. "The pictures don't lie. So just digest the pictures and the artistry."

2. "Don't lose the smile keep havin' fun Sid."

And the No. 1 ickiest Pierre McGuire line about Sidney Crosby's comeback with the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday night …

1. "They wanna see a little 87 magic. They got a little taste, they want a little more."

esteef

Pittsburgh has been playing great without Sid all season, but they have been promoted just like any other team. No excessive hype about how well Neal is playing or how Malkin has turned it around. For a few brief months, the league was somewhat objective and unbiased on who was making headlines and promotional attention. Since Sidney Crosby has returned, its nothing but him on NHL and TSN.

Its not about teams, several talented individuals, or even one team, but rather a single talented individual. After the league put all their eggs in one basket and that basket got hurt, you'd think they would have learned something by now. Instead they are taking the stance "We dodged a bullet there, hey everybody: SID'S BACK!! We were lost without him!"

To 90% of fans, Sid has become the annoying guy at a party. Everything is going fine, everyone is having fun, and then HE shows up. Changes the music, creeps on the girls, and is quick to start childish fights, due mostly to his LMS.

a 14 page thread mostly about how Crosby gets too much attention. :lol:

Hardly the same. Mostly what is being talked about is the the media coverage of him. Not LGW. But i will say this. Would love to never see him brought up again on here. It should turn into a month ban if you say his name. =)

BTW

way to show that "CLASS OF THE LEAGUE" crosby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WIcrxJR_WVs

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've noticed that since Crosby's return, the stores are more crowded and it gets dark earlier. On the flip side, people seem to be adding lights to their homes that are quite festive.

Oh, the power of Sidney.

Edited by 55fan

Hardly the same. Mostly what is being talked about is the the media coverage of him. Not LGW. But i will say this. Would love to never see him brought up again on here. It should turn into a month ban if you say his name. =)

BTW

way to show that "CLASS OF THE LEAGUE" crosby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WIcrxJR_WVs

Oh, BTW, you are missing quite a bit of the back story in what led up to that incident in front of the net. I didn't see the game, but I have heard from several and I've heard several guys suggesting they loved seeing that from Crosby. I can tell you for sure that his coach and his teammates liked it a lot. That was the 3rd or 4th time in short order that folino had blantantly ran Fleury. He should have expected a lot worse than he got. It really shouldn't have had to come from Crosby, but it did.

a 14 page thread mostly about how Crosby gets too much attention. :lol:

Shhhhhh, you're ruining it! :lol:

Oh, BTW, you are missing quite a bit of the back story in what led up to that incident in front of the net. I didn't see the game, but I have heard from several and I've heard several guys suggesting they loved seeing that from Crosby. I can tell you for sure that his coach and his teammates liked it a lot. That was the 3rd or 4th time in short order that folino had blantantly ran Fleury. He should have expected a lot worse than he got. It really shouldn't have had to come from Crosby, but it did.

And as a result, it turns Crosby into even more of a hypocrite than he was before.

"HEAD SHOTS BAD! (unless me or Cooke are doing them!)"