• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bramsy

Crosby coming back

Rate this topic

Hardly the same. Mostly what is being talked about is the the media coverage of him. Not LGW. But i will say this. Would love to never see him brought up again on here. It should turn into a month ban if you say his name. =)

BTW

way to show that "CLASS OF THE LEAGUE" crosby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WIcrxJR_WVs

I'd be up for that, I can't even come to my beloved LGW board without seeing his name mentioned in every freaking thread. Granted its pretty much always in a negative light, but I'm just sick of seeing his name, period, and this board isn't helping in that regard. :scared:

Oh, BTW, you are missing quite a bit of the back story in what led up to that incident in front of the net. I didn't see the game, but I have heard from several and I've heard several guys suggesting they loved seeing that from Crosby. I can tell you for sure that his coach and his teammates liked it a lot. That was the 3rd or 4th time in short order that folino had blantantly ran Fleury. He should have expected a lot worse than he got. It really shouldn't have had to come from Crosby, but it did.

It doesn't matter that they were running Fleury. I get the couple crosschecks but the elbow to the head is way over the line, especially from someone coming back from a concussion. The way to handle it is to square up to the guy and go after him, not throw elbows to the head.

People can pretend like that's great to see because it's Crosby. Like it's him being gritty and showing passion. But if that were a Matt Cooke or a Steve Ott, it's nothing but a dirty cheap shot and they're likely having a conversation with Shanny

Edited by haroldsnepsts

It doesn't matter that they were running Fleury. I get the couple crosschecks but the elbow to the head is way over the line, especially from someone coming back from a concussion. The way to handle it is to square up to the guy and go after him, not throw elbows to the head.

People can pretend like that's great to see because it's Crosby. Like it's him being gritty and showing passion. But if that were a Matt Cooke or a Steve Ott, it's nothing but a dirty cheap shot and they're likely having a conversation with Shanny

But but but he was showing grit and taking up for his goalie. He should get a pass for the elbows to the head. Come on now you are not showing compassion for him. He was just out like eleventyseven games for a concussion.

But but but he was showing grit and taking up for his goalie. He should get a pass for the elbows to the head. Come on now you are not showing compassion for him. He was just out like eleventyseven games for a concussion.

Cherry even called him out on it on HNIC.

If he wants to play that way, he better expect it to come around his way.

And I've done mostly nothing but defend Crosby in this thread. But crap like that is why he's so easy to hate.

Cherry even called him out on it on HNIC.

If he wants to play that way, he better expect it to come around his way.

And I've done mostly nothing but defend Crosby in this thread. But crap like that is why he's so easy to hate.

Cherry called it a butt end though, which it wasn't. It wasn't your typical elbow to the head either (i.e. there is no way what he did was going to injure someone, it was a standing still forearm, no different than a punch for the most part). Those plays happen in scrums all the time.

For anyone that saw the clip, I'd challenge you to ask yourself how often you see something like that in a game.....the answer should be very often. Like most every other time, the only reason it is being discussed is because of who did. There is going to be a discussion any time Crosby hits a guy in the head.

I'm not so much asking for a suspension myself, because it does happen often in the heat of battle, players will throw a quick elbow while jockeying for position at the net front. However, this is also not that. This wasn't about clearing the crease, and if it was, Crosby came out looking the ***** in all of it, either way. Sid is, has been, and always will be a petulant kid. All the talent in the world, which tends to be polarizing enough in pro-sports, but his attitude and how he composes himself aren't doing him any favors; he will continue to send more fans to the hate side of the fence over time.

Sid has always picked his spots and made sure it was going to be either one-sided or that he can step out and let someone like Kunitz take care of the rest. Slappies and the NHL/Canadian media will continue to defend these actions as Crosby being "gritty" or "standing up for his goaltender", but they are really temper tantrums more than anything. If someone like Zetterberg went around throwing elbows and cross-checks every time he was upset, I would say he was fair game, which a lot of the backlash on Sid is saying. And yet you know the league would never stand for that.

Pop quiz: whats the difference between his latest tantrum and the one below? Answer: the elbow to the chops and 11 months of complaining about headshots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytxhhimKqg

Cherry called it a butt end though, which it wasn't. It wasn't your typical elbow to the head either (i.e. there is no way what he did was going to injure someone, it was a standing still forearm, no different than a punch for the most part). Those plays happen in scrums all the time.

For anyone that saw the clip, I'd challenge you to ask yourself how often you see something like that in a game.....the answer should be very often. Like most every other time, the only reason it is being discussed is because of who did. There is going to be a discussion any time Crosby hits a guy in the head.

Ok so what do you think the league will do or the news will be if Crosby gets one of these "EVERY NIGHT" non-lethal elbows/forearms to the head and about 50 crosschecks to the back?

I'm not so much asking for a suspension myself, because it does happen often in the heat of battle, players will throw a quick elbow while jockeying for position at the net front. However, this is also not that. This wasn't about clearing the crease, and if it was, Crosby came out looking the ***** in all of it, either way. Sid is, has been, and always will be a petulant kid. All the talent in the world, which tends to be polarizing enough in pro-sports, but his attitude and how he composes himself aren't doing him any favors; he will continue to send more fans to the hate side of the fence over time.

Sid has always picked his spots and made sure it was going to be either one-sided or that he can step out and let someone like Kunitz take care of the rest. Slappies and the NHL/Canadian media will continue to defend these actions as Crosby being "gritty" or "standing up for his goaltender", but they are really temper tantrums more than anything. If someone like Zetterberg went around throwing elbows and cross-checks every time he was upset, I would say he was fair game, which a lot of the backlash on Sid is saying. And yet you know the league would never stand for that.

Pop quiz: whats the difference between his latest tantrum and the one below? Answer: the elbow to the chops and 11 months of complaining about headshots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytxhhimKqg

I enjoyed watching Howard rip HWSNBN's helmet off there at the end.

Crosby is such a weasley little puke ... Im Canadian and have never been able to stand him. Hes been groomed as the posterboy of hockey since he was 12 and the sense of entitlement he carries around with him is sickening. I would be overjoyed if Ovechkin or Phaneuf absolutley smashes him sometime this year and rattled that soft little brain of his.

We've certainly seen worse (in general) than Crosby's incident last night, but even if he tries to justify something like, "Well this was a head hit in-between the whistles, I got hit in live game action", it still makes him a hypocrite.

While I don't like him much to start with, I'll also get on people who just try to flame mentioning his name for the sake of it or I'll give him his fair credit when it is due.

I don't have time to watch his every single move like other fans or media seem to, but assuming media in general is doing this, I honestly have no clue how they can just shun this aside and say it is from him playing hard or being intense.

I'd be all for still having him as one of the marketable faces in the NHL IF (and IF being emphasized) he was marketed in equal time with some of the other stars that'll be in the NHL a long time. But the over-attention he gets in general and what probably will end up happening of this eventually getting shunned aside is just absurd. (And just to make it clear, even though I do not want to do this, I am not jealous of him whatsoever or want a Red Wing marketed obsessively as opposed to Crosby or whatever).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan