• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Philadelphia Flyers Unveil Winter-Classic Jersey

Rate this topic

I would find it really difficult to make a Winter Classic jersey for a team that never really changed theirs throughout history.

Exactly. Philly's jerseys have had very little change over the years, so finding a different look in the past is going to be hard to do. I'm at least glad that the rumors that it was going to be based off the old Philadelphia Quakers turned out to be incorrect...

I'm telling you though, the NHL needs to let them wear Cooperalls one last time...

cooperall_display_image.jpg?1320178750

From what I can tell, it looks exactly the same as all their others, just they switched the white with some black. Bleacher Report calls it "ugly"

Flyers unveil WC Jersey

The biggest difference is that these jerseys feature a black yoke and horizontal striping, whereas their usual jerseys feature white striping down the shoulder / sleeve. They're also using an antique white application. Icethetics has a mock-up and Puck Daddy has a better image than the Bleacher Report image.

I think my favorite thing about the design is the Keystone captaincy patch.

Exactly. Philly's jerseys have had very little change over the years, so finding a different look in the past is going to be hard to do. I'm at least glad that the rumors that it was going to be based off the old Philadelphia Quakers turned out to be incorrect...

I'm telling you though, the NHL needs to let them wear Cooperalls one last time...

I'm also in favor of seeing the Cooperalls maybe once a year.

Reminds me of the Behn Wilson, Paul Holmgren, Mel Bridgman and Glen Cochrane days. Those guys sported the cooperalls quite well.

Imagine how big a ****** Pronger would look like in Cooperalls. :D

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'm also in favor of seeing the Cooperalls maybe once a year.

Reminds me of the Behn Wilson, Paul Holmgren, Mel Bridgman and Glen Cochrane days. Those guys sported the cooperalls quite well.

Imagine how big a ****** Pronger would look like in Cooperalls. :D

LMAO...I like the jersey better actually, Im not sure why I just really like it.

They should totally have them wearing Cooperalls for the Winter Classic!