• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stevens

Eaves = Doghouse?

Rate this topic

Everytime I watch him, he seems to do pretty well. And he seems to display a pretty good skill level. Why is this guy getting scratched all the time? He must be a lockerroom problem / not work hard enough or something. Anybody have any dirt on this guy? There must be something about him off the ice that's causing him to not be a regular on the ice.

The rest of the team is mad because he always beats them in Ping Pong.

This. He's addicted to the ping pong, and they're trying to wean him off it by only dressing him ever other game or so. Straight back into hockey and he might have withdrawals.

It's got to be more than this.

You are wrong.

If he was healthy, he would be playing more often.

This is not a surprise that he doesn't play every game, since he has never played a full season in the NHL.

He's a little guy, in a tough sport, he plays awesome for his size but that also must wear on him.

The bottom line is, you don't sign someone for 3 years if that player is cancer.

To the serious comment:

I felt it necessary to answer the question, since 3 people including yourself bothered to respond and only one response was on topic.

The rest of the team is mad because he always beats them in Ping Pong.

Zing! :D

That was a good one.

Anyways, no clue. He has decent offensive upside for 3rd/4th line minutes, had a solid playoffs last season. Wings have depth, but I'm scratching my head at this one as well some.

You are wrong.

This is not a surprise that he doesn't play every game, since he has never played a full season in the NHL.

He's a little guy, in a tough sport, he plays awesome for his size but that also must wear on him.

The bottom line is, you don't sign someone for 3 years if that player is cancer.

To the serious comment:

I felt it necessary to answer the question, since 3 people including yourself bothered to respond and only one response was on topic.

Eaves is a cancer? Come on man...

Answer:

Eaves sat out the first game hurt, allowing Drew Miller into the lineup. Miller has since been playing well above his level. Cory Emmerton is playing solid hockey and has been all year; Eaves isn't a center so moving out Emmerton for Eaves means either no real center on the fourth line, no fourth line, or Abdelkader on the fourth line. Babcock wants none of those options.

Best thing Eaves can do to get in the lineup and stay there? Learn to play center, and become a good faceoff man. He's got a good shot, good skating, good defense... it's not like he's a bad player. He's just on the wrong side of a close competition. If Emmerton and/or Miller start to play poorly every game, look for more Patty Eaves. Of course, he also has to contend with the mess that is Fabian Brunnstrom. Plenty of talent locked up in there. Hopefully he'll suddenly put it all together and give the Wings another weapon. If not, he's going back to GR when Mursak is off IR.

You are wrong.

To the serious comment:

He's been a "Healthy Scratch" A LOT over the last 2 seasons. There's got to be something more to him not getting the playing time that other guys get. His approach to the game must be inconsistent to the approach of other Red Wings that work their ass off (Lidstrom, Helm, Datsyuk, etc.). I was just wondering if anyone knew the scoop.

He's been a "Healthy Scratch" A LOT over the last 2 seasons. There's got to be something more to him not getting the playing time that other guys get. His approach to the game must be inconsistent to the approach of other Red Wings that work their ass off (Lidstrom, Helm, Datsyuk, etc.). I was just wondering if anyone knew the scoop.

The only "something more" is that he isn't as good as most of our forwards. Emmerton is a center, Miller's playing great, Bruno has to play some time... Everyone else is better, or at least offers more potential even if they haven't been great so far. Same goes for previous years, most of our forwards have been better leaving Eaves to rotate in and out when we're healthy.

We have to scratch two forwards every game right now. Patty just needs to make the most of his opportunities or wait for injuries or someone like Miller or Emmy to start playing poorly.

Guest Heaten

I remember in the preseason, Babcock put Eaves with Datsyuk to see if he was a top 6 option, it didn't work out...

I guess Emmerton and Miller are more valuable on the 4th line than Eaves is.

I don't really know whats going on exactlly with him but I really don't know why the Wings Re-signed him. I said that at the day they signed him. Not that he isn't a good player we just need to give our young kids a little more ice time and we can't do that with him in the lineup, not saying he's usless or ragging on him I just would rather see our younger players play more so we can get them developed better for the coming seasons.

I don't really know whats going on exactlly with him but I really don't know why the Wings Re-signed him. I said that at the day they signed him. Not that he isn't a good player we just need to give our young kids a little more ice time and we can't do that with him in the lineup, not saying he's usless or ragging on him I just would rather see our younger players play more so we can get them developed better for the coming seasons.

With 14 forwards up, what younger players would benefit from ~30 games this season?