• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

I don't really know whats going on exactlly with him but I really don't know why the Wings Re-signed him. I said that at the day they signed him. Not that he isn't a good player we just need to give our young kids a little more ice time and we can't do that with him in the lineup, not saying he's usless or ragging on him I just would rather see our younger players play more so we can get them developed better for the coming seasons.

#22 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

I don't really know whats going on exactlly with him but I really don't know why the Wings Re-signed him. I said that at the day they signed him. Not that he isn't a good player we just need to give our young kids a little more ice time and we can't do that with him in the lineup, not saying he's usless or ragging on him I just would rather see our younger players play more so we can get them developed better for the coming seasons.

With 14 forwards up, what younger players would benefit from ~30 games this season?

#23 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

It's got to be more than this.

If you're really in need for some juicy Red Wings gossip I heard that Ty Conklin has a new dog.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#24 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

If so I misunderstood and I apologize.

I love Eaves, he is a great team player, definitely not cancer.

I think if he was 100% he would be switching in more for Miller or Holmstrom.

#25 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

If Eaves were a locker room cancer, they would have let him go this summer.

He probably hasn't been playing that much due to injury and because Miller is playing well.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#26 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

Hmm... This surprises me.

Patrick Eaves was a healthy scratch for the fourth consecutive game. Between missing games with a back injury and as a scratch, Eaves has played only nine games.“It's about winning a job,'' Babcock said. “It's real simple. It's pro hockey so you have to win a job.''

Eaves said he is completely healthy. He took part in the pregame warmups Wednesday in case Johan Franzen couldn't play.

All Eaves can do is be ready when he's called upon.

“Obviously, as a player you want to play. It's frustrating in that sense, but I'm going to be ready whenever they ask me to be ready,'' Eaves said. “Stay focused and when I'm put in I'll play my best.

“Even though it's not what I want, I'm getting better every day, I'm working hard and I'll be ready.''

http://www.mlive.com...collects_c.html

Jeez. I mean, obviously we have to look at the full context of the quote but how did Eaves get to the point where Babs feels he needs to win a job all over again? Babs makes controversial decisions no doubt but you wouldn't think that Babs would ever regard Eaves in that manner based on the past two years.

#27 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

I don't understand why there's so much discussion on this. From day one Eaves has been among the bottom forwards. When we're healthy he's always competing with the other 10th-14th forwards for a spot. Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, and Cleary aren't ever going to be healthy scratches. Bert probably wont either since he's big and has high-end experience and instincts (if not high-end skill anymore). Helm and Abby are young guys who figure prominently in the teams future plans, so it would take some very poor play to move either out of the lineup.

Thaat leaves Hudler, Homer, Miller, Emmy, Eaves, and Bruno (Mursak once he comes back) fighting for the last four spots.

Hudler, despite the obvious fact that Babs doesn't like his game that much, still has far more skill than any of the others. Homer is a great roleplayer with experience who meshes well with our top lines, and he's been playing well so far. With Flip and Abby playing wing, Emmy is by far our best option for 4th-line center. Miller has been playing exceptionally well for his role.

Add it all up and it leaves Patty at 13 on the depth chart. If there's any mystery, it's only why Miller hasn't bumped Abby off the 3rd line (which would then allow Eaves to rotate more evenly with Emmerton, or take his spot entirely).