• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matemate

Jiri Hudler Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Got it. So blind passes to our defensive zone, lazy skating when trying to defend such, and not attempting to stop a shot are now acceptable behaviors; at least when Hudler is the victim of the ensuing play because everyone is a big fan of hating on him no matter how hard he tries. Did ANYONE notice he was the only player trying to stop Richards from scoring?

You're dilusional. Every time you're in one of these absurd defend-Hudler-to-the-death modes and I decide to chime in I make it abundantly clear that I don't blindly hate on him and that I want him to succeed. You like to chastize everyone for their assumed blind hatred but can't, even for a second, take note of the fact that you're at the complete opposite end of the spectrum with your complete blind infatuation.

There are some of us posters who look at Hudler objectively (as much as possible) and some times applaud what he does and some times knock what he does. You, like a few others around here, talk as though your opinions are facts. Sorry to break the news but they aren't. It is not a fact that Kronwall skated back lazily. It is not a fact it as a blind pass to the point. It is not a fact that Howard was not attempting to stop the puck. Those are your twisted, dilusional opinions.

Even if by some stroke of assanine absurdity I conceeded that Kronwall was lazy on that play, that Cleary made a blind pass, and that Howard didn't try, the fact remains that Richards was Hudler's man. Hudler chose to stay at the blueline and try and stop the puck with his stick. He screwed it up and let his responisbility go. Powerplay or not, Hudler (just as everyone else) should be thnking defense first. He missed the puck and got burnt, badly, by Richards.

Eva, you can sit there all you want and be the world's biggest Hudler apologist (and sometimes, although few and far between, I think you get a tough label as being too pro-Hudler and I actually agree, at least in principle, with some of the things you say) but you're no better than the blind idiotic Leaf fans who have been claiming 'this is the Leafs year to win the cup' for the last 20 years. Try taking a look at things objectively for once because it's become insanly obvious that you think Hudler can absolutely do no wrong.

He can score :

He can be gritty : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gTR8GIjK50

he is a decent player but still people making fun of him all the time.

I don't get it.

Jiri Hudler should've used his new MMA skills to beat Mike Richards. Lazy slug. Come on Jiri! :ph34r:

Hudler is not "soft".

He plays with a lot of energy and is quite dynamic.

Edited by matemate

Oh goodness...

I was being sarcastic in that post pretty much poking fun at another poster (not you) who has an absurd Hudler bias ad is beyond stubborn. Scary stalker-like obsession absurd.

I got zero against him and wish him to do well.

Dynamic if you are talking about offensive potential or capability. Dynamic in other things, not so much.

Better to just leave this be. You think highly of him which is fine. I do to a lesser degree.

Guest Crymson

I don't get how posting a video of Hudler borderline turtling and being ragdolled is proof that he's gritty?

However, it's about in line with the general hilarity of this thread. Keep it coming :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure he's trolling.

I don't get how posting a video of Hudler borderline turtling and being ragdolled is proof that he's gritty?

I wouldn't call it turtling or being ragdolled. It was pretty much even until his teammate knocked his skate out from under him coming back to "protect" him. At that point the refs were involved. And it wasn't really much of a fight, more of a push-fest.

Guest Crymson

I seriously can't stop my laughter from Hudler being called gritty and dynamic.

I'm going to make a thread tomorrow to praise Holmstrom for his speed and passing.

Holmstrom's passing has never been a problem. He's actually quite good at making passes into the slot from low in the offensive zone.

Edited by Crymson

Holmstrom's passing has never been a problem. He's actually quite good at making passes into the slot from low in the offensive zone.

In the slot, I agree. Anywhere else on the ice, he's very poor. Ever see Holmstrom with the puck in the neutral zone? There's a reason for that.

It was more of a joke, anyways.

Guest Crymson

In the slot, I agree. Anywhere else on the ice, he's very poor. Ever see Holmstrom with the puck in the neutral zone? There's a reason for that.

It was more of a joke, anyways.

I'd call him more average than poor. And he doesn't try to make passes that are above his ability level.

I'm glad he has picked things up and in turn upped his trade value. I hope he is used in a trade before Invisible Jiri Hudler takes to the ice in the play offs again.

31 points in 61 playoff games is pretty good for a 2nd/3rd line player.

It would be hard for anyone here to ***** too much about Hudler's point production. I think the reason most people have for wanting to move him, either off the second line or to another team, is that the guy cannot play reliable defense against high end opposition forwards. The games against Pittsburgh and Chicago were good examples of this. Any elite team, which can roll out six high end forwards is going to be problematic for Detroit, especially when we're on the road, because we won't get the matchups that we want and they can exploit the fact that Hudler is a little slow and a little...um...little. I personally don't like the idea of having that guy on the ice and expecting him to consistently defend the likes of San Jose, Vancouver, or Chicago's top lines. Hockey is played at both ends of the ice, and regardless of his point production, Hudler is (through no fault of his own) unable to defend against high end talent. I'd like to see a top six winger brought in, and Hudler moved off the second line, or off the team permanently.

Detroit Free Press

"I think Huds in particular has really come on," Babcock said. "It took him a month and a half, two months to really get going again, but he really seems to have confidence. He's working so much harder. I thought he was excellent in the defensive zone tonight and made lots of good plays and was real good, obviously, offensively."

I'm glad he has picked things up and in turn upped his trade value. I hope he is used in a trade before Invisible Jiri Hudler takes to the ice in the play offs again.

He's a pending UFA - sellers at the trade deadline do not want rentals. I'm sure a playoff team would give prospects and picks for him, but I'm hoping Holland is not Leaning in that direction. :)

Hudler's looking like he did before he left for the KHL, maybe a little better. He really has a nice, accurate shot and just needs to keep heading towards the net - I'm fine with Zetterberg and Filppula doing more of the heavy lifting on that line, as long as Hudler keeps finding open spaces.

Edited by egroen

Jiri has his skills and its good to see he is finding his groove again but my thinking is that we have too many pass first players and maybe if his trade value is great enough he can be used to get us either a sniper and or player that isn't afraid to be physical... we need both imo.

Now the question becomes, if he keeps playing like this and comes in around 55-60 points for the season...should we re-sign him and how much is $ is a reasonable contract?

No, we should NOT re-sign him. Either trade him or let him explore his UFA options. He no doubt will want way too much than he deserves, or what I want to see Holland pay.