• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Turris speculation

Rate this topic

http://thehockeywriters.com/phoenix-coyotes-sign-kyle-turris-trade-speculation-can-begin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hockey writers seem to think that Detroit is actually the front runner for Turris now that he is signed. His cap hit is only 1.4 million.

The price they suggest would be a second round pick and mid level prospect like Ferraro.

I think it would be dumb of kenny to not pull the trigger on that trade, the kid still has a tonne of skill. Detroit is known for reviving guys like this. I could see him becoming a second line center, 60 point guy. He is only 22, most wings prospects dont even make the NHL by that age.

Getting a young talent who has potential would be great, he could still even hit the potential he was thought to once have and become an 80 point guy.

At 1.4 million a year it wouldnt really even affect offseason plans either, like adding Suter or Parise. The writers are a better source than someone like Eklund as well

"My prediction (based on pure speculation) is that Turris goes to the Detroit Red Wings, a team lacking an elite offensive talent"

Ok.

I think theyre talking about young prospects, I'm sure this writer thinks Datsyuk is good but hes 33 now(?).

I would love to swap out Turris for Hudler in our lineup, basically give the young guyt Hudlers role and let him grow. A bit of PP time, third line minutes and some offensive ice time as well.

I think Detroit would be a team given his skillset that could get the most out of Turris. He was third overall not long ago, JVR is just now hitting his stride from that draft.

I would be willing to give up a bit more than that for him as well, but thats the ball park range needed I guess. I'm sure a few teams are scared off because he seems to have attitude problems so there will be less people bidding on him

http://thehockeywriters.com/phoenix-coyotes-sign-kyle-turris-trade-speculation-can-begin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hockey writers seem to think that Detroit is actually the front runner for Turris now that he is signed. His cap hit is only 1.4 million.

The price they suggest would be a second round pick and mid level prospect like Ferraro.

I think it would be dumb of kenny to not pull the trigger on that trade, the kid still has a tonne of skill. Detroit is known for reviving guys like this. I could see him becoming a second line center, 60 point guy. He is only 22, most wings prospects dont even make the NHL by that age.

Getting a young talent who has potential would be great, he could still even hit the potential he was thought to once have and become an 80 point guy.

At 1.4 million a year it wouldnt really even affect offseason plans either, like adding Suter or Parise. The writers are a better source than someone like Eklund as well

That's because the Wings like their prospects over-ripen before they make the jump to the NHL.

Are we know for reviving young players careers or help revive players that have matured after some time in the NHL? I think it's the latter of the two. This guy seems like he needs more time to mature and spending $1.4M a season for him to do that doesn't make sense IMO.

That's because the Wings like their prospects over-ripen before they make the jump to the NHL.

Are we know for reviving young players careers or help revive players that have matured after some time in the NHL? I think it's the latter of the two. This guy seems like he needs more time to mature and spending $1.4M a season for him to do that doesn't make sense IMO.

Hes 22, he just needs to find his stride not get rejuvinated.

If Detroit had a guy come up at 21 and put up over 30 points and 15 or so goals (what is what he was on pace for last year), everyone would eb absolutely praising the kid. Detroits puck possesion and better offense would only make him look even better too. Hes also a 2 way player, not just an offensive guy.

If we could get him for Ferraro and a 2nd I'd do it. I thought he looked very good against us in the playoffs last year, and a change of scenery might be just what he needs to start hitting his potential.

Maybe Emmerton and a 2nd would be better. We'd need to open a roster spot anyway, and moving Emmy would allow us to slot Turris into the 4th line center spot to start. Miller/Eaves/Homer would be good linemates to help ease him into the system, then move up from there if he did well. Even worst case he's likely an upgrade over Emmy.

Like others have said, hard to see it happening... but Phoenix certainly loves their Czech players. Couldn't hurt to offer them Hudler or Kindl (because of Smith's emergence) and a pick. The deal actually isn't THAT far fetched. Make it happen, Keeenny.

I'd gladly give up Ferraro. Nothing against the kid but I just don't seem him actually playing for the Wings. The second round pick, though...isn't Turris the one that hasn't done jack squat, is weak on the puck and just sort of floats around? Do we really need another reclamation project? So far we've done a handful and none has worked for the past handful of years, since Cleary and Schneider.

We do have a few expendable players on the roster though, namely Emmerton. I'd hate to lose Kindl but I suppose if they really think Turris could turn into a top 6 reliable scorer then I'd do it.

Edited by VM1138

Like others have said, hard to see it happening... but Phoenix certainly loves their Czech players. Couldn't hurt to offer them Hudler or Kindl (because of Smith's emergence) and a pick. The deal actually isn't THAT far fetched. Make it happen, Keeenny.

Yeah hes not going to command a whole lot and the yotes just want to get rid of him. Its a really low risk situation, why not go for it and hope he hits some of his point per game potential he once had. Who knows he still could hit it and become an 80 point 2 way centerman.

Emmerton and a second round pick maybe would work too.

The wings get a young player with potential.

Yotes get a second round pick, and a young, solid defensive centerman that has room to grow into a pretty good third line center I think. They also get rid of a big headache for them and save a bit of cap.

"My prediction (based on pure speculation) is that Turris goes to the Detroit Red Wings, a team lacking an elite offensive talent"

Ok.

Yea his 25 points in 65 games last year is really going to be a huge boost the offense! He'll get Zetterberg out of his slump by himself. :rolleyes:

Moron!

Edit: Obviously I'm not calling you a moron evil204.

Edited by Barrie

Given the "Czech" feel of the team, it would also line Hudler up to be the next captain of the Coyotes.

post-3220-0-68221400-1322018121_thumb.jpg

Turris re-signs with Phoenix for two years.

yup. phoenix resigns him.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=602726

Yeah Maloney said he wasnt going to trade him unless he can sign him to a deal because he didnt want him going somewhere and signing dirt cheap, him signing actually means he will be traded now.

Whether they could agree to a contract before the decemeber deadline where he wuoldnt be able to play at all this year was gonig to decide his fate. He obviously wants to play hockey, but its not going to be with the yotes

Yeah Maloney said he wasnt going to trade him unless he can sign him to a deal because he didnt want him going somewhere and signing dirt cheap, him signing actually means he will be traded now.

Whether they could agree to a contract before the decemeber deadline where he wuoldnt be able to play at all this year was gonig to decide his fate. He obviously wants to play hockey, but its not going to be with the yotes

This. There's no way the guy can go back into that locker room and play for that team after this. It's one thing to hold out for some money, but Turris kind of tore down the team. That being said, I think it's difficult playing there with everything Phoenix went through, being that young and hyped up. Getting a fresh start could be just what he needs.