• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Turris speculation

Rate this topic

i feel like this has to do with smith staying up. and the fact that babs seemingly changed his mind on smith staying up. i have a hunch that we will be sending a dman - i hope not kindl, but likely kindl to the yotes in a package for turris. seems fishy. i know smith has been playing well, but he nor kindl deserves to sit and i don't buy the whole "someone has a booboo" s*** babs said.

Guest Crymson

Why are people suggesting Turris would be an instant upgrade for the top six? He only has 19 NHL goals under his belt after 131 games...

For the same reason many maintain that Brunnstrom is a goal-scorer: self-delusion and a grass-is-greener mentality.

Just speculation, but wow that'd be an unbelievable deal for us. Turris would step in and be an immediate upgrade to the top 6, and he's a right hander :thumbup:

This blows my mind. I'm not knocking Turris' 'potential' but to say he'd be an isntant upgrade is ridiculous. To those who claim they'd rather have Turris in the line up than Hudler the only way you shoudl think that is if you still truly see the potential in Turris but it certainly wouldn't help the Wings in the here and now.

People think Turris is some offensive gem when in reality last season was the first full season he played with the Coyotes without being demoted. He posted 25 points in 65 games.

Turris did look pretty solid in the playoffs so I'm not full blown knocking him as a player but people need to keep things in perspective

Because everyone is obsessed with draft position!

Hes playing decent in the NHL at an age where wings prospects would see no ice time, and hes been on a brutal team. He's also a 2 way, speedy center who would fit muh better into the wings system.

He could definitely find his stride in Detroit much better than he would in Phoenix

This blows my mind. I'm not knocking Turris' 'potential' but to say he'd be an isntant upgrade is ridiculous. To those who claim they'd rather have Turris in the line up than Hudler the only way you shoudl think that is if you still truly see the potential in Turris but it certainly wouldn't help the Wings in the here and now.

People think Turris is some offensive gem when in reality last season was the first full season he played with the Coyotes without being demoted. He posted 25 points in 65 games.

Turris did look pretty solid in the playoffs so I'm not full blown knocking him as a player but people need to keep things in perspective

The guy was drafted 3rd overall for a reason. He was rushed to the NHL and his development was hurt, however in the playoffs he really shone against us. Not exactly the easiest of tasks considering only Doan and Yandle did a goddamn thing for that team in the 4 games. I'm not saying he's gonna step in and be Sidney Crosby for us, but a right handed center with tons of skill and speed, ya I'm willing to say he'd help us out in the scoring department.

The guy was drafted 3rd overall for a reason. He was rushed to the NHL and his development was hurt, however in the playoffs he really shone against us. Not exactly the easiest of tasks considering only Doan and Yandle did a goddamn thing for that team in the 4 games. I'm not saying he's gonna step in and be Sidney Crosby for us, but a right handed center with tons of skill and speed, ya I'm willing to say he'd help us out in the scoring department.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to Turris being on the Wings if a reasonable trade could be had. What I am saying is that things should be kept in perspective. It was directed more at the posts that said he'd be an instant upgrade to the top 6.

Also, you can cite the fact he was a 3rd overall choice all you want but I can also cite that he hasn't yet come close to living up to those expectations and that his holdout shows a lack of character that most wouldn't want on this team. Alexander Daigle was a 1st overall choice - there was a reason for that too.

If he were to come to the Wings, based on some of the posts I've read, there would be people disappointed he didn't light the world on fire with his production.

Im from BC and this kid came on the Jr scene a few years after me and the hype he had coming into the league was warranted. Hes actually a great kid from a good family that has a ridiculous amount of un-tapped offensive upside. Hes an 89' birth-year and will be a legitmate top 6 forward in a few years. For his price-tag, youth, and potential I would be thrilled for Detroit to have him. Pheonix isnt stupid nor do they have allot of money to spend - an overpaid Hudler isnt going to get him. Kindl seems the most probable move if this deal does in fact happen.

Im from BC and this kid came on the Jr scene a few years after me and the hype he had coming into the league was warranted. Hes actually a great kid from a good family that has a ridiculous amount of un-tapped offensive upside. Hes an 89' birth-year and will be a legitmate top 6 forward in a few years. For his price-tag, youth, and potential I would be thrilled for Detroit to have him. Pheonix isnt stupid nor do they have allot of money to spend - an overpaid Hudler isnt going to get him. Kindl seems the most probable move if this deal does in fact happen.

Phoenix actually has a lot of bluechip defensemen in their pipeline, but not forwards. But yeah, they have a league-mandated salary cap now, so they are not going to be interested in taking much salary back in a roster player. Good pick and good prospect is about the best they can do.

Anyone else find it weird that theyre saying Smith might stay with the team because someone is hurt.

First Babs said Kindl has a sore shoulder but now its Stuart who might sit out, and than Babs also said he wasnt even sure if there were any injuries at all actually.

Not saying Turris is the guy, but doesnt that kind of have the smell of something funny going on? Maybe someone is on the move or verge of being traded

Guest Heaten

According to Freep.com, 3 and a half days ago Kenny Holland specifically said he wasn't making any trades.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111119/SPORTS05/111190494/Wings-GM-No-trade-talk-despite-another-tough-loss

"My feeling is, you've got to go by history," Holland said. "History says that they're going to produce. So I'm not looking to trade. I was just at the general managers' meetings, and there is no trade talk around the league. I think we've got lots of good things going on. If we can just get a few more good things going on, I think we can put a run together."

Sure,trades are fun to talk about, but it's not gonna happen. Thanks god!

Anyone else find it weird that theyre saying Smith might stay with the team because someone is hurt.

First Babs said Kindl has a sore shoulder but now its Stuart who might sit out, and than Babs also said he wasnt even sure if there were any injuries at all actually.

Not saying Turris is the guy, but doesnt that kind of have the smell of something funny going on? Maybe someone is on the move or verge of being traded

I know what you mean. I have trouble with this theory for one reason. IF they were making a deal that involved, say, Kindl, I think they'd want more than a two game look at Smith.

But it's definitely weird, the things the coach said.

According to Freep.com, 3 and a half days ago Kenny Holland specifically said he wasn't making any trades.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111119/SPORTS05/111190494/Wings-GM-No-trade-talk-despite-another-tough-loss

Sure,trades are fun to talk about, but it's not gonna happen. Thanks god!

Not that I support/oppose Turris, but Holland would not openly admit if he were looking for a trade when the team is playing (relatively) well. That would be a bad announcement IMO, especially if there is not a certain deal on the table.

Guest Heaten

Not that I support/oppose Turris, but Holland would not openly admit if he were looking for a trade when the team is playing (relatively) well. That would be a bad announcement IMO, especially if there is not a certain deal on the table.

Not buying it. He could have said lots of things that wouldn't have been a bad announcement. In fact, he could have said "we aren't ruling anything out" would have been a motivational factor in the locker room, if anything.

Sometimes "no" just means no. Wouldn't be holdin' my breath if I were you....