• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Turris speculation

Rate this topic

Not buying it. He could have said lots of things that wouldn't have been a bad announcement. In fact, he could have said "we aren't ruling anything out" would have been a motivational factor in the locker room, if anything.

Sometimes "no" just means no. Wouldn't be holdin' my breath if I were you....

I'm probably one of the few posters who doesn't desire a trade (assuming an even trade), so I'm not holding my breath. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Holland is returning calls. I think you are right in that he isn't looking for a trade, but that doesn't mean he isn't entertaining offers. This sounds obvious, but I'm not sure if it was the case the past few years when the Wings were favorites (top 3 on paper) in the West.

turris/ekman larsson for hudler/kindl/ferraro/2012 3rd.

PLEASE! FU(KING PLEASE!

i know...dreaming...but it would totally rock.

That's actually a pretty equitable trade, if not an overpayment by Detroit. Right now, Turris has to be considered a downgrade from Hudler; on about the same order that OEL is an upgrade over Kindl. The "potential" factor is largely negated by Phoenix's need to move Turris, and I'd say Ferraro OR a 3rd would balance the remainder. Change Hudler to Emmerton and it's a much better dream. However, at this point it looks like Ferraro is not going to be an NHL player, so I doubt Phoenix would have much interest.

every time the coyotes play ekman larsson, he sticks out on that team. he's fast, determined, loves to shoot, and somewhat reliable on the back end.

kinda schenider/coffey/lidstrom-ish.

maybe i am crazy, but i feel this kid is gonna bloom into the next blue chip/core offensive defenseman.

he needs to mentor under lidas before the "day of reckoning" arrives.

he's not an impact player yet,(hence the lack of full time play) but the raw fundamentals are there.

get him over here Kenny!

According to Freep.com, 3 and a half days ago Kenny Holland specifically said he wasn't making any trades.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111119/SPORTS05/111190494/Wings-GM-No-trade-talk-despite-another-tough-loss

Sure,trades are fun to talk about, but it's not gonna happen. Thanks god!

"I'm not looking to trade" =/= "I will not make a trade". If the right deal comes along he'd take it just like any good businessman would.

0 points in 6 games when he had no training camp or anything and is playing fourth line minutes for a coach that obviously doesnt like him and a team he doesnt want to be on. You guys are really picking a fair time to judge him.

Anyways I heard on TSN maloney is asking a solid young player similar to Turris in age and potential (Kindl?)or a guy who can play now and a pick.

So Kindl straight up might actually be enough, than slide Smith into his spot because hes good enough for the NHL now.

Or Emmerton, Miller or Eaves plus a 3rd rounder maybe?

Those seem like fair value for what his value has been put as. I think playing sheltered minutes with the wings and maybe getting a bit of PP time would see him develop properly and at the least he becomes a solid 50 point 2 way center.

He could also hit his stride in Detroit where the system fits his style better and all of a sudden the top line of the future with Nyquist and Turris is secured :thumbup:

Ugh, it's been confirmed on Twitter (IIRC, it was by Darren Dreger) that Detroit is NOT in the running for Turris. So let's stop this nonsense, because it doesn't sound like he's worth the trouble anyway.

Ugh, it's been confirmed on Twitter (IIRC, it was by Darren Dreger) that Detroit is NOT in the running for Turris. So let's stop this nonsense, because it doesn't sound like he's worth the trouble anyway.

Link?

It wasnt Dreger. Dreger reported a few teams that he thought had interest and said Calgary is out of the running but I didnt see anything about Detroit being out of it.

He also reported that talks are heating up thanks to twitter which has me thinking there are quite a few teams inquiring about him

Guest Crymson

I agree with some people about him taking Hudler's spot. No offense. Just not a big Hudler fan. Trying him out for a few couldn't hurt.

Trading Hudler for Turris is not "trying him out for a few." It's receiving Turris's contract and losing Hudler. And it's not going to happen, because the league won't allow the Coyotes to accept any additional cap hit.

And your post is an amazingly pristine example of grass-is-greener syndrome.

0 points in 6 games when he had no training camp or anything and is playing fourth line minutes for a coach that obviously doesnt like him and a team he doesnt want to be on. You guys are really picking a fair time to judge him.

And you're finding every reason to give a free pass to someone who has absolutely no history of success in the NHL---and who has a terrible, terrible attitude.

Those seem like fair value for what his value has been put as. I think playing sheltered minutes with the wings and maybe getting a bit of PP time would see him develop properly and at the least he becomes a solid 50 point 2 way center.

This is a giant assumption with no actual basis in fact. Being selected very high in the draft does NOT, in any way, guarantee one success in the NHL. Many high draft picks have gone on to be mediocre players or have failed to make it in the NHL.

Anyway, Turris's potential to be a locker-room cancer and a problem for the organization almost certainly disqualifies him in Holland's mind.

Edited by Crymson

And you're finding every reason to give a free pass to someone who has absolutely no history of success in the NHL---and who has a terrible, terrible attitude.

This is a giant assumption with no actual basis in fact. Being selected very high in the draft does NOT, in any way, guarantee one success in the NHL. Many high draft picks have gone on to be mediocre players or have failed to make it in the NHL.

Anyway, Turris's potential to be a locker-room cancer and a problem for the organization almost certainly disqualifies him in Holland's mind.

No history of success in the NHL isnt saying much when the kid was playing at an age where most wings prospects are just starting the AHL.

And theres no basis in fact for anything when predicting the future but from watching him play, hes a speedy center with solid hands and a solid shot. Playing in a system like Detriots with better players I think he could be a 50 point guy.

You saying he is a bust also has no basis in fact

Whatever you say dude. You can say whatever you want. Grass is greener and whatever. But even you know Hudler is meh. But go ahead.

Trading Hudler for Turris is not "trying him out for a few." It's receiving Turris's contract and losing Hudler. And it's not going to happen, because the league won't allow the Coyotes to accept any additional cap hit.

And your post is an amazingly pristine example of grass-is-greener syndrome.

What's funny is, all the guys we are talking about Detroit acquiring, Holland will get someone that nobody expected and they will be the one to put us over the top! I question Holland a lot, but I guess if I didn't, I would just be another Sport's Sheeple.

Turris isn't the solution to our problems, not by a long shot. Look what he's done (or rather-- hasn't done) since signing his contract in Phoenix. The psychological impact of adding him to a locker-room is probably worse than he can possibly make for up with his lacklustre play.

Why did people want him anyways? He's a massive headache.

I can't believe the Sens traded Rundblad AND a 2nd for this guy. The Sens got screwed by themselves on this one.

Agreed. The Coyotes got themselves a steal of a deal.

Guest Crymson

Whatever you say dude. You can say whatever you want. Grass is greener and whatever. But even you know Hudler is meh. But go ahead.

Hudler is far from "meh" lately. And I'll take him any day over an unproven youngster who has obvious maturity and attitude issues.

Guest Crymson

Turris isn't the solution to our problems, not by a long shot. Look what he's done (or rather-- hasn't done) since signing his contract in Phoenix. The psychological impact of adding him to a locker-room is probably worse than he can possibly make for up with his lacklustre play.

Not if you're playing NHL 12!

Guest Crymson

In the last two weeks, Ottawa has shipped out an underachieving young player with attitude problems and then traded for another underachieving young player with attitude problems.

Who's running the show over there? Yeesh.