• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Given the "Czech" feel of the team, it would also line Hudler up to be the next captain of the Coyotes.

If Kopecky can get the "A" with the Panthers, I think anything can happen at this point haha

#22 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Turris re-signs with Phoenix for two years.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#23 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

yup. phoenix resigns him.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=602726

TSNís Darren Dreger reported on Twitter that the deal is for $2.8 million -- $1.2 million in the first season and $1.6 million.

#24 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Turris re-signs with Phoenix for two years.

yup. phoenix resigns him.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=602726

Yeah Maloney said he wasnt going to trade him unless he can sign him to a deal because he didnt want him going somewhere and signing dirt cheap, him signing actually means he will be traded now.

Whether they could agree to a contract before the decemeber deadline where he wuoldnt be able to play at all this year was gonig to decide his fate. He obviously wants to play hockey, but its not going to be with the yotes

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#25 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

Yeah Maloney said he wasnt going to trade him unless he can sign him to a deal because he didnt want him going somewhere and signing dirt cheap, him signing actually means he will be traded now.

Whether they could agree to a contract before the decemeber deadline where he wuoldnt be able to play at all this year was gonig to decide his fate. He obviously wants to play hockey, but its not going to be with the yotes

This. There's no way the guy can go back into that locker room and play for that team after this. It's one thing to hold out for some money, but Turris kind of tore down the team. That being said, I think it's difficult playing there with everything Phoenix went through, being that young and hyped up. Getting a fresh start could be just what he needs.

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

I don't want the Wings to be a forerunner for this young *******.

#27 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

Replace Cleary in the top 6 = sign me up. Pop him on Fil and Z's line. Or put him on the third line to spark some offense down there. I'm all for it.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 23 November 2011 - 12:22 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#28 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

i feel like this has to do with smith staying up. and the fact that babs seemingly changed his mind on smith staying up. i have a hunch that we will be sending a dman - i hope not kindl, but likely kindl to the yotes in a package for turris. seems fishy. i know smith has been playing well, but he nor kindl deserves to sit and i don't buy the whole "someone has a booboo" s*** babs said.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#29 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Kyle Turris & Maxim Goncharov for Hudler,Kindl and 2nd round pick ?
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#30 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

Why are people suggesting Turris would be an instant upgrade for the top six? He only has 19 NHL goals under his belt after 131 games...
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#31 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

Good thing for Detroit Red Wings Kenny Holland is too smart to pursue this Turris bum.

#32 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Filppula/Datsyuk/Holmstrom
Franzen/Zetterberg/Hudler
Cleary/Turris/Bertuzzi
Abdelkader/Helm/Miller(Eaves)
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

Why are people suggesting Turris would be an instant upgrade for the top six? He only has 19 NHL goals under his belt after 131 games...

For the same reason many maintain that Brunnstrom is a goal-scorer: self-delusion and a grass-is-greener mentality.

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

Hudler for Hanzal. f*** Turris, he's a bratty dickhead who hasn't proven squat at the NHL level.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Because everyone is obsessed with draft position!

Ken Holland: Heís (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, heís a puck hound.

#36 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

Just speculation, but wow that'd be an unbelievable deal for us. Turris would step in and be an immediate upgrade to the top 6, and he's a right hander :thumbup:

This blows my mind. I'm not knocking Turris' 'potential' but to say he'd be an isntant upgrade is ridiculous. To those who claim they'd rather have Turris in the line up than Hudler the only way you shoudl think that is if you still truly see the potential in Turris but it certainly wouldn't help the Wings in the here and now.

People think Turris is some offensive gem when in reality last season was the first full season he played with the Coyotes without being demoted. He posted 25 points in 65 games.

Turris did look pretty solid in the playoffs so I'm not full blown knocking him as a player but people need to keep things in perspective
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#37 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hudler for Hanzal.

LOL

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#38 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Because everyone is obsessed with draft position!

Hes playing decent in the NHL at an age where wings prospects would see no ice time, and hes been on a brutal team. He's also a 2 way, speedy center who would fit muh better into the wings system.

He could definitely find his stride in Detroit much better than he would in Phoenix

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#39 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

kenny should also be trying to get biznasty as well.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#40 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

This blows my mind. I'm not knocking Turris' 'potential' but to say he'd be an isntant upgrade is ridiculous. To those who claim they'd rather have Turris in the line up than Hudler the only way you shoudl think that is if you still truly see the potential in Turris but it certainly wouldn't help the Wings in the here and now.

People think Turris is some offensive gem when in reality last season was the first full season he played with the Coyotes without being demoted. He posted 25 points in 65 games.

Turris did look pretty solid in the playoffs so I'm not full blown knocking him as a player but people need to keep things in perspective

The guy was drafted 3rd overall for a reason. He was rushed to the NHL and his development was hurt, however in the playoffs he really shone against us. Not exactly the easiest of tasks considering only Doan and Yandle did a goddamn thing for that team in the 4 games. I'm not saying he's gonna step in and be Sidney Crosby for us, but a right handed center with tons of skill and speed, ya I'm willing to say he'd help us out in the scoring department.

#NOMOREKINDL