• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/25 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Bruins 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Zetterberg looked good on the assist to Filppula, but after that I thought there was something a little off with him today. Same thing with Helm; they both looked like they had problems controlling the puck throughout the game. Good thing Howard activated Beast Mode and Filppula and Datsyuk stepped up their games today.

With how much we turned it over, I found it kind of funny how relieved I would feel whenever the puck made it on to Lidstrom's stick.

Yeah Lidstrom had one bad turnover, but when he was deep in our zone with it I had confidence he'd be fine. He always just seems so calm when they rush in at him.

We played the perfect ROAD game against a team that was on a TEN game win streak. We didn't get physically outmatched. We got out shot, but we always seem to out shoot most teams and we've lost a handful of times while outshooting these teams. Outshooting a team doesn't mean you dominated that team. GREAT WIN RED WINGS!!!!!!

Mike Babcock praises Red Wings' Todd Bertuzzi for play over last three games

Dats comments on Bert's shootout move

Datsyuk said of Bertuzzi’s move: "Now it’s an HD camera, you can see everything. Maybe he still thinks we have an old camera. Maybe that’s why he goes slow."

Guest Crymson

My point was about our defense, which I don't think played great. Don't know how anyone can say otherwise.

Datsyuk was awesome, but he's not what I was criticizing. In fact, he "was" his line. I was talking more about the defense.

Howard's turnover was in part because we had trouble handling the forecheck. Same with Zetterberg's gaffe.

The part about teams catching up getting more chances doesn't hold water. Neither team was ever up by more than a goal. If anything, our defense should have tightened up and not give up a shooting gallery. And you're right about Boston's aggressive forecheck usually getting lots of chances. That's the whole point I was making. We don't handle that kind team well.

Lastly, San Jose beat us two years in a row. People have a hard time grasping that. So we took them to 7 games the second time around. Big deal. We still lost.

Whine, doubt, etc. Have fun with that.

Howard won this game for us.

We gave up over 40 shots and our soft Euros got handled by Boston's forwards all game long. We can't beat a team like them or San Jose over a 7 game series because of our lack of physicality and ability to handle the forecheck consistently. The turnovers were rampant today.

When the Wings play a team and lose because that team's goaltender was awesome, you whine about how the Wings aren't good enough. When the Wings play a team and win because their own goaltender was awesome, you whine about how the Wings aren't good enough.

Edited by Crymson

Can we all stop arguing like children and please revel in the pure awesome that is Pavel Datsyuk? Starts the move that led to his wicked goal with a hit behind his own goal, incredible play throughout. I think he's got his mojo back :) 2 nice plays by Bertuzzi as well for the assist and SO goal, hopefully he can start playing with a bit of confidence.

Whine, doubt, etc. Have fun with that.

When the Wings play a team and lose because that team's goaltender was awesome, you whine about how the Wings aren't good enough. When the Wings play a team and win because their own goaltender was awesome, you whine about how the Wings aren't good enough.

Crymson, I'm unhappy that we've only won 4 Cups in 12 years.

I want more.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

Would be nice to have a guy like Thornton on your 4th line, great skater, great forechecker, great fighter, great teammate, right-handed shot...