Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

11/25 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Bruins 2 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

#21 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Won't be able to see it, probably a good thing. So for that reason, lets just win the game and who gives a f*** about the hunchback of TD gardens.

#NOMOREKINDL

#22 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

I just hope we're not embarrassed in a physical way, like they did to Buffalo.

Boston respects Detroit too much to try antics.

They didn't last year even though they lost both games and were handed their ass in the second.

Posted Image

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Boston respects Detroit too much to try antics.

They didn't last year even though they lost both games and were handed their ass in the second.

Respect has nothing to do with it.

It's an edge they have over most teams. Nothing wrong with using it. They may even remember last year's games and use that as an example of how not to play against Detroit.

They bullied the s*** out of Vancouver last year in the Finals as well. They're the new Ducks.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Maaaaaan watching the highlights from the last time we played the Bruins I sorta miss Drapes. That was a sick goal he scored. Top ched blocker side on Thomas

#25 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

I have to work tomorrow but I'm going to try to watch the game on the stream. If not I might just have to follow along here.

Thank for making sure we've got this here Mike - even though you weren't home.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

I have to work tomorrow but I'm going to try to watch the game on the stream. If not I might just have to follow along here.

Thank for making sure we've got this here Mike - even though you weren't home.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Man, is anyone else as pumped as I am for this game? Always special playing a fellow Original 6 team, especially Boston given they're the defending champs. Will be an intense game; we need Dats to keep up his recent good form and for Zetterberg to really have a strong game.

The game starts at 4:30am here, but I will be up! Go Wings!

Maaaaaan watching the highlights from the last time we played the Bruins I sorta miss Drapes. That was a sick goal he scored. Top ched blocker side on Thomas

And how good was the pass by Eaves?

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 25 November 2011 - 12:08 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#28 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Thanks for the GDT. :) Any chance we can get a more neutral image for the injuries list? Mursak's expression gives me a sad. :(
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#29 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Dats hasn't had a highlight goal all year long. It would be fitting to get a datsyukian deke on Thanksgiving Day on national TV.

bringit.jpg

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for the GDT. :) Any chance we can get a more neutral image for the injuries list? Mursak's expression gives me a sad. :(

Haha I'll have to think about that.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

Tell me about it, he was in so much pain. :(

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Tell me about it, he was in so much pain. :(

And it was that much weakness that left his body.

#33 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:22 AM

Are we all ready for NBCs ultimate triple tag team of Mike "THE DRIVE!" Emrick, Eddie "'O'MG he's biased" and Pierre "I think I can be a GM" McGuire?

I know I sure am....

:ph34r: :hehe:

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

It's an edge they have over most teams. Nothing wrong with using it. They may even remember last year's games and use that as an example of how not to play against Detroit.

They bullied the s*** out of Vancouver last year in the Finals as well. They're the new Ducks.

Just read Datsyuk's quote regarding the matchup. It seems like there is a lot of respect there, that wasn't in the Vancouver series for good reason.

Posted Image

#35 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Kelly Sutherland (#11) & Wes McCauley (#4) Linesmen Brian Murphy (#93) & Steve Miller (#89)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#36 NeedMoreToughness

NeedMoreToughness

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Boston doesn't have that hate towards detroit simply because they never play eachother, they won't be as physical as when they play montreal/vancouver/buffalo

#37 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Would love to see some fights but who is really gonna fight outside of AppleGator and occasionally Ericsson and Kindl. Bruins annoy me. Also maybe its cause I'm younger but I don't really care about O6 matchups....maybe I should say I don't care as much ad the people who say we should have an original six division and the like. Sure all of the Jerseys look great but its not pre 1960 - whatever anymore. Go wings go pavel

#38 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

I think this one is going to come down to Jimmy! I have to work but I'll see the replay tonight. LGW :thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Phew! Then it's a good thing we don't get physically intimidated by teams. If that is your only worry, then you can stop being a negative nancy and enjoy this game.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Doc and Edzo! :banana:

<_<
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman