Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

11/25 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Bruins 2 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

#441 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Did you watch the game?

Our defense had trouble getting the puck out of the zone and turned the puck over constantly. We gave up around 45 shots. That's hardly winning hockey. A team as big as Boston or San Jose can do this to us at will.

Howard stood on his head. That's why we won.

God, you guys are such blind homers. We won because Howard was awesome. Giving up 43 shots is not winning hockey in general.

That's why we can't beat San Jose in a playoff series. We struggle against big, forechecking teams. What is not true about that?

This board can bef****** amazing sometimes.

I would agree with you...but that big forechecking team named San Jose... Although they just beat us (Howie played bad) Wings out PLAYED them. The shot count was like 47 to 22 (around there). San Jose was playing great hockey going into that game, and still playing great hockey after that game. Wings managed to keep them around 22 shots.

I think the Wings can handle just fine. I think the Bruins just played a fuggin' great game (have they even hit 40+ shots until now?). The Wings Played a well enough game to keep up...we as fans should be happy that the Wings were able to keep up and win, and not buckle to the point where they got dominated (remember the ST.louis game?).

Edited by Dynheart, 25 November 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#442 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Oh my the wings got so physically dominated, you can't deny they were very lucky to come out with the W

Yeah, it's teams like Boston that can highlight how un-physical Detroit is. They won almost every physical battle. I thought they were going to force the Wings to wear dresses to start the 3rd. The only Wing that seemed to win any physical battles was Datsyuk, but what's new . I was kinda hopin' Bertuzzi would respond with a few big hits of his own, but I think he was scared of Lucic. But they won, so...

But I have no desire to play Boston in the finals, assuming Detroit can get past the second round. Ouch! I'm sore just thinking about it.

#443 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

I would agree with you...but that big forechecking team named San Jose... Although they just beat us (Howie played bad) Wings out PLAYED them. The shot count was like 47 to 22 (around there). San Jose was playing great hockey going into that game, and still playing great hockey after that game. Wings managed to keep them around 22 shots.

I think the Wings can handle just fine. I think the Bruins just played a fuggin' great game (have they even hit 40+ shots until now?). The Wings Played a well enough game to keep up...we as fans should be happy that the Wings were able to keep up and win, and not buckle to the point where they got dominated (remember the ST.louis game?).

Unfortunately, with San Jose, it seems to be mental as well as physical.

They just have an edge over us. I remember how much trouble the Wings had against Anaheim as well, in 2007 and finally 2009, where we edged them in 7 games.

I don't know if size is necessarily where Holland is looking for the trade deadline. I don't see us getting Weber like some hope.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#444 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Unfortunately, with San Jose, it seems to be mental as well as physical.

They just have an edge over us. I remember how much trouble the Wings had against Anaheim as well, in 2007 and finally 2009, where we edged them in 7 games.

I don't know if size is necessarily where Holland is looking for the trade deadline. I don't see us getting Weber like some hope.

I think we are OK with what we have. If anything, Holland should try for a McCarty type player (Skilled/Big/Will stick up for players). Problem with that...McCarty type player = a freak of nature and hard to find. Most tough guys have no skill. I was hoping Bert would be that guy, but he's just a softy anymore.

EDIT: Also he needs to add a top 6 winger IMO.

Edited by Dynheart, 25 November 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#445 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

They made us work for what we got...and we gave them their goals on a silver platter. Still I'll gladly take the two points. And by the way, dear Pasha, in case I haven't told you lately, I worship the ice you skate on. :wub:
Posted Image

#446 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Overal it was a great game to watch...

Bertuzzi sucks - well what about Hudler? Bertuzzi played great game... and at least he can score some goals (S/O) something that Hudler can't do.

Pavel is a warrior!!!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#447 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Didn't see the game, but Howard can win a Stanley Cup. I'm convinced now, theres a difference between standing on your head on a tuesday night in Columbus and on national TV against the Stanley Cup champions. We make a few moves throughout the year, and our young guys keep getting better and who knows what this team could be capable of.

#NOMOREKINDL

#448 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

What an entertaining game. Datsyuk is way too good and if they get this kind of goaltending consistently they will be a threat come April.

#449 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

#450 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Zetterberg looked good on the assist to Filppula, but after that I thought there was something a little off with him today. Same thing with Helm; they both looked like they had problems controlling the puck throughout the game. Good thing Howard activated Beast Mode and Filppula and Datsyuk stepped up their games today.

With how much we turned it over, I found it kind of funny how relieved I would feel whenever the puck made it on to Lidstrom's stick.

#451 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Watching that reminds me Pav is a tough SOB. Throwing the body around and on Chara? Jesus.

#452 Designerd

Designerd

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Watching that reminds me Pav is a tough SOB. Throwing the body around and on Chara? Jesus.

I was really happy that he showed no fear hitting a bigger guy. Short doesn't mean weak.

#453 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Zetterberg looked good on the assist to Filppula, but after that I thought there was something a little off with him today. Same thing with Helm; they both looked like they had problems controlling the puck throughout the game. Good thing Howard activated Beast Mode and Filppula and Datsyuk stepped up their games today.

With how much we turned it over, I found it kind of funny how relieved I would feel whenever the puck made it on to Lidstrom's stick.

Yeah Lidstrom had one bad turnover, but when he was deep in our zone with it I had confidence he'd be fine. He always just seems so calm when they rush in at him.

#454 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

We played the perfect ROAD game against a team that was on a TEN game win streak. We didn't get physically outmatched. We got out shot, but we always seem to out shoot most teams and we've lost a handful of times while outshooting these teams. Outshooting a team doesn't mean you dominated that team. GREAT WIN RED WINGS!!!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#455 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

Extended Game Highlights

#456 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

Mike Babcock praises Red Wings' Todd Bertuzzi for play over last three games

Dats comments on Bert's shootout move

Datsyuk said of Bertuzziís move: "Now itís an HD camera, you can see everything. Maybe he still thinks we have an old camera. Maybe thatís why he goes slow."

#457 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPA6UGZxemI

Heart of a captain

Edited by dragonballgtz, 26 November 2011 - 12:39 AM.

#458 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPA6UGZxemI

Best. Player. In. The. League.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#459 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

My point was about our defense, which I don't think played great. Don't know how anyone can say otherwise.

Datsyuk was awesome, but he's not what I was criticizing. In fact, he "was" his line. I was talking more about the defense.

Howard's turnover was in part because we had trouble handling the forecheck. Same with Zetterberg's gaffe.

The part about teams catching up getting more chances doesn't hold water. Neither team was ever up by more than a goal. If anything, our defense should have tightened up and not give up a shooting gallery. And you're right about Boston's aggressive forecheck usually getting lots of chances. That's the whole point I was making. We don't handle that kind team well.

Lastly, San Jose beat us two years in a row. People have a hard time grasping that. So we took them to 7 games the second time around. Big deal. We still lost.

Whine, doubt, etc. Have fun with that.

Howard won this game for us.

We gave up over 40 shots and our soft Euros got handled by Boston's forwards all game long. We can't beat a team like them or San Jose over a 7 game series because of our lack of physicality and ability to handle the forecheck consistently. The turnovers were rampant today.

When the Wings play a team and lose because that team's goaltender was awesome, you whine about how the Wings aren't good enough. When the Wings play a team and win because their own goaltender was awesome, you whine about how the Wings aren't good enough.

Edited by Crymson, 26 November 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#460 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

God, you guys are such blind homers.

NO YOU'RE BEING DEFENSIVE.
*this space for rent*