• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Jimmy Howard - Vezina winner?

Rate this topic

Jimmy Howard, Detroit Red Wings -- It's been a roller-coaster start for the Red Wings, but Howard has been a rock throughout the turbulence. His 1.85 GAA ranks second only to Khabibulin among regular starters and his .930 save percentage is among the League leaders. Just like with Rinne and Quick, it's been up to Howard to carry the workload. He has started 16 games and also has 3 shutouts.

Read more

Very nice to see him getting recognition for his strong start.

Yeah, funny thing is, last few years he's seemed to step it up in the playoffs. If he does that this year, he'll be playing the post season as the best goaltender in the league. Period.

as you have correctly guessed, I'm very fine if this is the case ;)

:thumbup:

That´s why he´s on the list for the Allstar-ballot... oh wait! :ph34r:

I see what you did there. :ph34r:

Obviously very possible if he can keep this consistent play up. Mentioned in a recent Howard thread here that it could easily be argued that he could be the MVP of the team so far this season.

He's had a great season for us, but you can argue he's not even been in the top five for best goalies this season. I love Howie and his play this seaosn and hope he keeps it up. Rookie year Jimmy is much better than Sophomore year Jimmy :)

Guest NeedMoreToughness

A few games like his last outing and his numbers will come back to earth, it doesn't take much for the numbers to turn mediocre.

Edited by NeedMoreToughness

A few games like his last outing and his numbers will come back to earth, it doesn't take much for the numbers to turn mediocre.

He will be fine. He earned himself a stinker. Even Rinne had a horrible game against Edmonton (and his goals were even softer than Howies). Like 3 goals in 8 shots or something like that. It happens to the best of them.

Edited by Dynheart

He's looked great since the playoffs. I think having such a successful run personally gave him a lot of confidence and he's playing really great this year. He really stepped up and made it happen. He'll have to weather some storms no doubt, but he's proving more and more everyday that he's got what it takes to be successful.

I'm perfectly OK with Wings not participating in this dumb popularity contest.

I'd rather watch Howard play his All-Star game in June. that's all I care... :)

Agreed. Ever since Montreal fans mastered the art of phone-networked votebombing the AS game's lost whatever credibility it had left.

I'm concerned with the amount of games he's playing though. Recent history has shown 65+ starts gets you an early exit.

This. I'm not a fan of overworking goalies. 65 games I can live with but anything over 70 games is retarded.

Agreed. Ever since Montreal fans mastered the art of phone-networked votebombing the AS game's lost whatever credibility it had left.

This. I'm not a fan of overworking goalies. 65 games I can live with but anything over 70 games is retarded.

I think 55 needs to be the magic number, 60 tops, anything more and I think you're burning out the engine before the car even gets to the final lap...

Ask Nabby and Kipper about their Stanley Cup rings...

I've always thought it should be 60 for the starter, 22 for the backup. But yes, anything over 65 or even 70 is far too much. Just look at Kiprusoff and Brodeur.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

He's had a great season for us, but you can argue he's not even been in the top five for best goalies this season. I love Howie and his play this seaosn and hope he keeps it up. Rookie year Jimmy is much better than Sophomore year Jimmy :)

Start arguing...

nhl-goalie-stats.png