• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT : Predators 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Impact made him!

The game wasn't in Russia.

I remember that, it was from Liddy's slapshot, when was that? mid 90's? Seems like it was long ago.

It was from a Dimitri Mironov slapshot if I recall correctly. Pronger dropped in a way that you just knew something was wrong. The only things scarier that I saw on the ice were the Jiri Fischer incident and Clint Malarchuk getting sliced in the throat by a skate.

Mironov is correct. Also, Zednik's incident was pretty scary; too reminiscent of the Malarchuk incident. Malarchuk is why I always wear a guard, even as a forward/defenseman.

So after today's game, does Ericsson still warrant a roster spot?

(I missed it and only saw the highlights, where he was on the ice for the lone Nashville goal)

Trade value is too high not to keep him. Trade him and Miller; no way Miller keeps this up for more than another couple of weeks.

My only lament about this game (other than the broken jaw Eaves suffered) is God, I wish Helm would learn to finish. He creates chance after chance and just can't bury the puck to save his life. If he learns to score on these chances, he'll be invaluable.

Mironov is correct. Also, Zednik's incident was pretty scary; too reminiscent of the Malarchuk incident. Malarchuk is why I always wear a guard, even as a forward/defenseman.

I saw the Zednik on highlights and it was scary. I didn't include it in my list since I didn't see the actual game. I'm surprised more of those incidents haven't happened but I'm also very glad they haven't.

My only lament about this game (other than the broken jaw Eaves suffered) is God, I wish Helm would learn to finish. He creates chance after chance and just can't bury the puck to save his life. If he learns to score on these chances, he'll be invaluable.

He's had a couple defensive lapses in his own end as of late too. Yes it would've been great if E had cut off that pass on the Preds goal but it was Helm who fell asleep in the slot and let his man cut back door untouched.

He's awesome on the forecheck but I feel like there's been a few times this season where he's lost his man in the defensive zone. And yes, the Draper hands he has are frustrating too.

Actually that may be an insult to Draper.

Overall though good game. Hopefully this will get Z and Cleary rolling. And Jimmy is awesome as he has been all season.

And that's a tough break (no pun intended) for Eaves. If it is a broken jaw, that's a long road to recovery. Losing conditioning, losing weight.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Missed the game but saw the highlights, and there were some pretty goals by the Wings. :thumbup:

Looked like Ericsson was asleep on the goal against, though Helm didn't help him out. Big E is so frustrating. I want to like him and I want him to do well, but he just looks so terrible every time I see him.

Glad that Stuart got the third star, good for him.

The Eaves thing is brutal, yikes. Get better, Patty.