• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeerMe

Kessel 2nd Best Player in NHL?

Rate this topic

I lol'd when I saw 'The Sedin Twins'. Surely by virtue of there being two of them, they can't be the number 2 player in the league? Pick ONE already. But I guess that's their cruel underpinning. If you lose one, you lose both. Lol what a weird situation they're in. Next the league will have them winning every award by combining all their points and goals, or letting them both play in the same position, effectively having 6 skaters on the ice, and naming them just 'Sedins' hehehe

EDIT: Just like this, only not multi-ethnic, and in a hockey jersey:

tumblr_l65d7bbajP1qcj7seo1_500.jpg

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

Im impressed with Datsyuk being "third"

Hes starting to get some credit around the league

yeah but it's really no surprise that a Toronto newspaper would puff up their guys. Kessel is not the best player in the league...keep this going all year and he would be in discussion for a legit top 5.

If we are talking about now, use statistical factors only and have hockey knowledge of occasional watcher then he is the best one right now. If one uses some brains then it is rather clear that any legitimate first line center is better than Kessel now and in the long run. Crosby, Datsyk, Malkin, Backstrom, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Nugent-Something... I would take any of these guys before Kessel. Best winger? Very questionable as well.

Since moving to Toronto I'm obviously being brainwashed by the media but I like to think I'm still knowledgeable and know how to watch a hockey game despite what Joe Bowen is yelling at me.

Kessel is markedly improved this season. He is the fastest (maybe best) back checker in their top 6. He is their best shooter in all situations including the SO. He is obviously their points leader as well and TBH that guy is paid to score... so no one is mad that he is producing there.

He isn't the best player in the league but amongst wingers to this point he may be it.

Kessel is vastly improved without the puck this year. He backchecks like....well, he actually backchecks now.

He used to wait for the puck to come to him, but now he goes and gets it himself.

His offensive numbers speak for themselves. He needs to maintain them over a season or two before we start talking about him being a top-5 player in the world or any nonsense like that.