• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Patrick Eaves injury

Rate this topic

As disgusting as it was watching him flail his legs around, that's a great sign that most likely his only injury would be a concussion and not any type of cranial or other head trama, plus even though he obviously looked scared he was also responsive and aware.

Get well soon Patty!!!!!

I thought he was unconscious at first. He may have been for a few moments.

He was out for atleast a minute.

Some rough luck this season.

Edit: Felt like an hour watching it.

Edited by Wingzman91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gePVhoYd4

It was a weird injury. At first he was down on his hands and knees as he reached up to grab his ear. But after about a second or two he passed out and "star-fished" on the ice. It looked like he was out cold for about 5-10 seconds. Then he came to and kept kicking his legs.

The player that shot the puck was 21 year old rookie Roman Josi. Josi was quite the class act, he went over to Eaves as he laid on the ice and he also went over to Eaves as they roll him off the ice and gave a stick-tap to the stretcher. Josi looked like he was going to throw up, he felt so badly about accidentally injuring Eaves.

I hope Eaves is alright. Edited by Holmstrom96

First White blocking a shot with his face and now this. Although it was a horrific scene, this just shows how much heart the team has to sacrifice themselves to block a single shot. I'm sure Eaves didn't intend to block it with his ear, but every time a player blocks any shot they risk having something like that happen. That, to me, shows they have heart, not to mention balls!

Get well soon, Patty!

from cbssports.com

Detroit winger Patrick Eaves was taken off the ice on a stretcher late in the game after he was struck near the right ear by Roman Josi's slap shot. He was conscious and lifted himself onto the cart before leaving the arena.

"You don't want to see a player go down and be taken off on a stretcher," said Josi, who made his NHL debut Saturday night. "I felt bad. I said that to him and he said it's alright and he's going to be fine. That was good; he stood up alone and got on the stretcher."

Eaves was taken to the nearby Detroit Medical Center. Babcock did not know his condition after the game.

Poor Patty.. takes the shot, and then tells the kid who hit him that it's alright. Classy move by Josi to check on him, and even classier by Eaves to shake it off and try to make the kid feel better about it.

and you damn well know that once eaves is back he will be right there putting himself in harms way blocking shots again. wish there was more guys on this team that had guts like that.

get back soon patty!

Unfortunately, if Eaves wasn't in the way, it was going to hit someone else up high since it was a terrible slap shot with no accuracy. But I agree, this will now way deter Eaves from blocking shots that he actually intended to block.

The young Swiss lad was making his NHL debut and must be feeling awful right now. But in his defence the puck actually flipped up as he was shooting, so it turned into a knuckle ball shot that can wind up anywhere and for

poor Patty he was first in line. Speedy recovery Pat, and spare a thought for Josi to.

On another note that has been raised in this thread, Emmerton may not be the flashiest and most productive

player we have but he has been steady and i would say is doing what he has been told to do by Babs. Its not as

if he is a -10, so im not sure what some fans expect out of a rookie 4th line centre. (anyway i gotta root for him as he wears my # )

Eaves is one of my top 5 favorite players on this team, I cannot understand why he would EVER be a healthy scratch... So now he finally gets back into the line up and this happens. Ugh... Get better soon Patty!

Side note - I agree with most of you, class act by Josi to go over to Eaves and check on him :thumbup: