• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Patrick Eaves injury

Rate this topic

That poor kid must feel two inches tall right now. I applaud him for going over and apologizing to Patrick. My heart goes out to both of them, and I hope Pat has a speedy recovery. NO kisses from Reuben for you!

Don't think anything seriously wrong will come from the injury, as some people have already mentioned it's a fractured jaw which might pose some problems as it's so high up. It wont just be a bone that can be held in place and allowed to fix naturally, it might need a wire or something to stop it slipping under gravity (I mean it must be the very top of the jaw if it's right underneath the ear). But with regards to him falling so dramatically, seeing as it was his ear, it was probably a balance issue that meant he flopped, and most likely passed out. It was shocking to watch and as a fan, I feared something might be wrong, but it probably hit him in a fairly alright place (not that I'd like it! lol) but there's no real shot to any brain area (bit too low), there's quite strong bone protection (jaw), and it was away from his cheeks which can have some serious knock on affects (such as displacing the eye socket which is really horrible). I mean anywhere else could have potentially been much worse, but still wish him a speedy recovery. Shows why he should be in this team every game, just doing everything he can to stop a shot, which like someone already mentioned, this team has been doing a lot of recently.

Also have to say I felt so sorry for Josi. He did look like "oh my God what the heck have I done?!" I mean he's not been long playing out of facemasks surely. Classy move by him to see Patty as he was leaving the ice.

If he didnt turn his head it wouldve hit him right in the visor and who knows what wouldve happened then. I know theyre rated to take shots like that.

Sucks for eaves. Hope he gets well soon

Atleast the wings are showing some guts

Don't think anything seriously wrong will come from the injury, as some people have already mentioned it's a fractured jaw which might pose some problems as it's so high up. It wont just be a bone that can be held in place and allowed to fix naturally, it might need a wire or something to stop it slipping under gravity (I mean it must be the very top of the jaw if it's right underneath the ear). But with regards to him falling so dramatically, seeing as it was his ear, it was probably a balance issue that meant he flopped, and most likely passed out. It was shocking to watch and as a fan, I feared something might be wrong, but it probably hit him in a fairly alright place (not that I'd like it! lol) but there's no real shot to any brain area (bit too low), there's quite strong bone protection (jaw), and it was away from his cheeks which can have some serious knock on affects (such as displacing the eye socket which is really horrible). I mean anywhere else could have potentially been much worse, but still wish him a speedy recovery. Shows why he should be in this team every game, just doing everything he can to stop a shot, which like someone already mentioned, this team has been doing a lot of recently.

Also have to say I felt so sorry for Josi. He did look like "oh my God what the heck have I done?!" I mean he's not been long playing out of facemasks surely. Classy move by him to see Patty as he was leaving the ice.

Getting hit in the jaw can cause some serious intra-cranial vibrations, and is a leading cause of concussions. High on the side where Eaves was hit isn't as bad as other areas but can still be very serious. Hopefully, the jaw is the worst of his injuries.

I feel so bad for Eaves. He has waited so long for the chance to play and to have this happen to him is so sad.

I really liked how Nick stayed next to him while he was lying on the ice to give him comfort.

I feel really bad for Josi. I can't imagine what it would feel like to accidentally hurt someone and have to watch them leave on a stretcher.

Hated seeing the injury I sure hope he's ok. Hopefully the only injury he sustained was a broken jaw and nothing anymore serious. He will be missed but the Wings team is very deep and luckily Wings have some players they can fill his spot until he returns. Get Well Soon Pat!!

MLive

The Red Wings said surgery Monday to repair Patrick Eaves' fractured jaw went well. He had no plates inserted. It was wired shut. He will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

“Patty's doing as well as you can do with a broken jaw,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "Time's going to tell, obviously there's pain. Wired for two weeks, see what happens after that.''

General manager Ken Holland told the Free Press that Patrick Eaves' recovery from a broken jaw suffered Nov. 26 "is not going well." Eaves was expected to miss about two months, but Holland said there is no timetable for his return

http://www.freep.com/article/20120119/SPORTS05/201190481/Red-Wings-forward-Jiri-Hudler-s-touch-back-after-forgettable-season

:(