• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I feel so bad for Eaves. He has waited so long for the chance to play and to have this happen to him is so sad.

I really liked how Nick stayed next to him while he was lying on the ice to give him comfort.

I feel really bad for Josi. I can't imagine what it would feel like to accidentally hurt someone and have to watch them leave on a stretcher.

#42 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Sucks he has been in the doghouse all year with the pk being down he would have helped a lot. Now he is gone for a while.

#43 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Ugh poor Patty. Having to suck food through a straw is not fun :(. Been there, done that. Shakes and soup get real old fast.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 27 November 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#44 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hated seeing the injury I sure hope he's ok. Hopefully the only injury he sustained was a broken jaw and nothing anymore serious. He will be missed but the Wings team is very deep and luckily Wings have some players they can fill his spot until he returns. Get Well Soon Pat!!

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,834 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Glad to see the concern of all the players for him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#46 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

I forgot until I saw this article, but it's kind of crazy that three Wings players have had their jaws broken in the last three years.

http://detnews.com/a...0398/1128/rss16

#47 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

I forgot until I saw this article, but it's kind of crazy that three Wings players have had their jaws broken in the last three years.

http://detnews.com/a...0398/1128/rss16

Didn't Kopecky get his jaw broken as well? I know he's not a Wings player now but he was when he had that fight against Beauchmin.

#48 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Didn't Kopecky get his jaw broken as well? I know he's not a Wings player now but he was when he had that fight against Beauchmin.

I'm pretty sure the fight with Beauchemin ended in a broken Orbital bone or cheekbone for Kopecky, not jaw...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#49 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

MLive

The Red Wings said surgery Monday to repair Patrick Eaves' fractured jaw went well. He had no plates inserted. It was wired shut. He will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

“Patty's doing as well as you can do with a broken jaw,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "Time's going to tell, obviously there's pain. Wired for two weeks, see what happens after that.''

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#50 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

General manager Ken Holland told the Free Press that Patrick Eaves' recovery from a broken jaw suffered Nov. 26 "is not going well." Eaves was expected to miss about two months, but Holland said there is no timetable for his return

http://www.freep.com...gettable-season

:(

#51 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

^ That really sucks. I was just thinking about him and figured we'd be getting news soon of his return given the initial timetable that was given.

Bummer for him and the Wings, to say the least.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#52 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

Sad he's having a rough recovery. I can only imagine how much it sucks to have your mouth wired shut. Here's hoping things can start progressing for him to feel better, regardless of when he's able to be back on the ice.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#53 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Completely forgot that Eaves has been out....guess thats a good thing?
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#54 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Obviously every time there is an injury it creates an opportunity for another player. Although Eaves' injury was really unfortunate it has given the Wings a chance (at present) to keep both Mursak and Emmerton on the main roster.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#55 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

feel bad for eaves but im sure he will be back for playoffs and will give us more depth ... too be honest i dont even knock if he'd be able to crack the lineup theres way too much depth , id even consider trading him in the off season ... nyqvist might make the lineup next year,tatar,andersson ... not too many spots

#56 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

It doesn't really seem to be getting much better for Eaves.

“I don't think he's doing great,'' general manager Ken Holland said. “Right now there's no timetable (for his return). I'm not optimistic anytime soon.''

Eaves has not been cleared to work-out off-ice, Holland said.

“It's got nothing to do with the jaw; he got hit in the head and he just doesn't feel right,'' Holland said. “Possibly, he could have a concussion. We just told him there's no need to come to the rink until you feel good.''

http://www.mlive.com...s_healed_b.html

#57 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

Wow, poor Patty. :( He was having such a great game before he got hit too.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Not looking like Patty will be back this season. Best to Patty Sunshine on the recovery and hopefully can get a spot somewhere, assuming we let him go after all of this. Just the facts, this lineup would be tough to crack even if he was 100%.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#59 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

I really like Eaves, I hope he can get back to feeling good. I would be sad to see him leave but his health comes first and if we can't take a chance on him then we do what we have to.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#60 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

All the best in getting healthy Eaves
IPB Image