• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

This sucks. I have an autographed puck from Eaves.

#62 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

This sucks. I have an autographed puck from Eaves.

i just hope you can make it through this very difficult time.
Posted Image

#63 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

i just hope you can make it through this very difficult time.

Posted Image sorry, this was classic

Autographed pucks come and go. Get well Patty
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#64 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

With only what...two and a half months in the season left, and with a concussion, anyone else think he's done for the year? Maybe he'll be back in time for playoffs, but probably not before. Based on them not being optimistic, and with there only being a short time left and all.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#65 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

With only what...two and a half months in the season left, and with a concussion, anyone else think he's done for the year? Maybe he'll be back in time for playoffs, but probably not before. Based on them not being optimistic, and with there only being a short time left and all.

even if he is back for the playoffs, i doubt babcock plays him much, if at all, since he missed so much time.

i think this steps up management's chase for a big winger.
Posted Image

#66 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Get well, Sunshine. :yowza: We miss you. :(

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#67 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

This really bums me out. He's one of our better PK guys, and one of only a few forwards on the team that Babs doesn't have to beg to shoot the puck on net. Hopefully Patty gets it together before the playoffs roll around.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#68 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Disappointing news. I really like Eaves and what he brings to the team. Best PK shot-blocker for the Red Wings and probably second best penalty killer overall after Helm.

Seems like Eaves might be done for the year. Even if he hopefully gets healthy enough to skate, it's going to take some serious time to get his conditioning back.

The Red Wings could really use someone like Brendan Morrow or Travis Moen to strengthen the PK especially.

#69 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ouch poor guy can never get a break.

#70 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm not sure where exactly Eaves got hit, and if this would have even made a difference for him, but the fact that it's been quoted as a head injury, I'm gonna say this:

As cool as hockey helmets are, and as much as i like them, the time has come to upgrade them with a major overhaul. With the increased speed of the game, the increased size and strength of the players, the increased velocity of the average player's slapshot, and the increased knowledge of long term brain effects of sudden impact, the hockey player needs similar protection as the rally car/motorcycle driver.

It can be designed in such a way with the classic body lines of a hockey helmet so as to resemble the overall shape, but it's got to be beefed up.

Why is this never talked about by any of hockey's talking heads?

Edited by T.Low, 06 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#71 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm not sure where exactly Eaves got hit, and if this would have even made a difference for him, but the fact that it's been quoted as a head injury, I'm gonna say this:

As cool as hockey helmets are, and as much as i like them, the time has come to upgrade them with a major overhaul. With the increased speed of the game, the increased size and strength of the players, the increased velocity of the average player's slapshot, and the increased knowledge of long term brain effects of sudden impact, the hockey player needs similar protection as the rally car/motorcycle driver.

It can be designed in such a way with the classic body lines of a hockey helmet so as to resemble the overall shape, but it's got to be beefed up.

Why is this never talked about by any of hockey's talking heads?

completely agree. look at what football players go out on the field with - massive helmets with face masks. They aren't moving half as fast as hockey players but still wear them.

#72 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

I can't believe we haven't been treated to a single happy Patty goal all year...

#73 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

don't get the negs on T.Low & dirtydangles, to say the very freaking least with all the head injuries as of late a look into coming up with a better helmet design cant be a bad thing??
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#74 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

don't get the negs on T.Low & dirtydangles, to say the very freaking least with all the head injuries as of late a look into coming up with a better helmet design cant be a bad thing??

Integrity of the game

#75 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Still out, update.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#76 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

You have to start preparing that he isn't going to play this year, and thinking about him never playing again.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#77 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

at this point there is really no reason to even consider this year. see if he can continue to make progress for next year, or at the very least, get him to a point where it isn't effecting his life after hockey. its a shame to see him out, but for his sake, i hope they are ultra conservative.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#78 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I always thought Mursak would end up taking his spot. I would like to see him get a bit more time now that Zetter and Cleary are taking a break.

#79 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,832 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Sucks for Patty, really like his game. All the best :thumbup:

Just wondering, is our 5.7 million cap space including Eaves on LTIR? I'm not positive and don't know where to look haha.

#NOMOREKINDL

#80 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sucks for Patty, really like his game. All the best :thumbup:

Just wondering, is our 5.7 million cap space including Eaves on LTIR? I'm not positive and don't know where to look haha.

I don't think he's on LTIR, just waiting for confirmation on that though.