• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Bylsma Defends Crosby's Elbow on Foligno

Rate this topic

It wasn't a butt-end. It was a forearm. Theend of his stick was completely covered by his glove regardless. These scrums happen every game.

an argument can be made saying these things happen almost every game

however, i believe Crosby was saying things like all headshots and head hits needed to get banned, period. and yet he's dishing one out.

This is why he will never have the respect. He is just lke Mario in that regard, waa waa if someone touches him, but it's just playing hard hockey if he does it to someone else...and just like Mario, nothing will be said from the NHL....Seems to me, NHL was better without him. At least everything was fair and there was no special treatment for players who seem to have special rules...

I don't think I have ever had such a dislike for anyone as I do for Crosby. When I heard he was coming back, :ranting:my first thought was "great, now we're gonna have to see the NHL treat him with kid gloves" Some disagree, and say that everyone won't treat him any differently. After seeing this "scrum", I don't have a huge problem with it. The problem I have is the people who are defending this cry-baby martyr and the whiny cocky hypocritical comments coming from his ugly pie hole. It's only a matter of time before some player cracks and kicks this illiterate sob's ass, and that will be one sweet day. :oStill, can't believe the hatred I have for the idiot.exclamation.gif

I don't think I have ever had such a dislike for anyone as I do for Crosby. When I heard he was coming back, :ranting:my first thought was "great, now we're gonna have to see the NHL treat him with kid gloves" Some disagree, and say that everyone won't treat him any differently. After seeing this "scrum", I don't have a huge problem with it. The problem I have is the people who are defending this cry-baby martyr and the whiny cocky hypocritical comments coming from his ugly pie hole. It's only a matter of time before some player cracks and kicks this illiterate sob's ass, and that will be one sweet day. :oStill, can't believe the hatred I have for the idiot.exclamation.gif

I don't think I've ever had such a dislike for another poster's choice of font.

Sorry, but it's true.

New rule. If you're going to start a thread about an incident, take the time to include a video so people don't have to go searching and embed the video into the thread.

Here's a video of the incident. If it looks familiar, Crosby pulled the same kind of tantrum on Zetterberg once (although Zetterberg didn't deserve it, and Foligno may have).

It's not just an elbow, but a butt-end to the face. This is the kind of stuff mortals get suspended for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIcrxJR_WVs

His tantrum on Zetterberg's back was so much crazier because he must've hit Z's back with the crosscheck half a dozen times or more. I remember my jaw just dropped when he did that to Z... it was so juvenile.

His tantrum on Zetterberg's back was so much crazier because he must've hit Z's back with the crosscheck half a dozen times or more. I remember my jaw just dropped when he did that to Z... it was so juvenile.

What was so funny about it is that Hank said that he already knew who it was without even looking behind him.

Foligno should have just dropped his gloves and pounced on Crosby.

It'd be interesting to see if the Pens players would let Crosby fight, or would jump in there to save the day.

He's had a few fights in his career, but I have a hard time seeing him doing it after this concussion business.

He tried to right after he took that elbow/forearm shiver, but Kunitz came to rescue his princess.

What was so funny about it is that Hank said that he already knew who it was without even looking behind him.

And actually defended him saying he probably would have done the same thing.

My jaw dropped too but Zetterberg did unintentionally slash Sid in the groin area right off the faceoff. Again, I'm not saying Sid should've done all that, but I understand. Nobody ever sees that. When you get hit in that special place you might just rage out on everybody.

Wasn't he the guy that had that sitcom in the 80s and wore awful-looking sweaters?

bill-cosby-sweater.jpg

Oh wait, that's Cosby. Never mind.

Those sweaters are sweet. :D

And I thought Crosby was a musician?

Butt-end to the face? I don't think so.

More like a side of the wrist to the face. If you watch the video, the butt end of the stick (if its in his hand) is off to Foligno's right. Even then, it isn't protruding. I do have to agree though that Crosby has done this before. The cross checks he are throwing should be called, especially the ones he threw on Zetterberg.

Take him to the box for cross checking.

A goalie named "Flowers" no less. How big of a pansy can you be?

Guy Lafleur was also nicknamed "The Flower". I would hide behind him anytime. I think he was more of a man than Fleury. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Lafleur

For starters, that isn't a suspendable hit. It's a scrum in front of the net where one player is taking extra liberties.

Second, Crosby at least had some reason to give cheap shots to Foligno. And they weren't even super cheap shots at that.

Third, Crosby is a cheap little *****. As soon as things get heated Kunitz is in to save the day. If you want Crosby to play sheriff, then let him fight his own battles.

Everything before the hit to the face was a scrum in front of the net. The head shot is exactly what the NHL said they're trying to "enforce," mostly because of what happened to their golden child. All I know is that if the situation was reversed, Foligno would have some mandatory time off.