• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

They do. But most of them don't involve elbows, or at least a forearm shiver to the head.

I'm far from a Crosby basher and have defended him in a lot of threads for the grief he gets around here, but if he threw an elbow like that against a Red Wing player, would you feel the same way? Or if it was Chris Pronger who did it and not Crosby?

The cross checks were a hell of a lot more violent than that bump to the face. If he did that to a Wing I'd call him a *****, but you see the s***s of the world in the NHL do this every single game to Holmstrom and we (LGW) never make threads about it. The "Head shot" was only technically a headshot because HWSNBM gave a pop shot to the face of the other player. Face-washes do more damage than a push of the face with a forearm.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#22 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

He Who Shall Not Be Named. ;)

esteef

Wow LGW new low, blaming voldemort for Crosbys antics :hehe:

But seriously the elbow isnt that bad, but its terrble when you consider this idiot just got back from being out with a concussion and going on about headshots. You think if Crosby gets hit with a bow like that, that hes calling it a hockey scrum and brushing it off like nothing? I sure dont

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#23 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

I am less impressed with the fact he starts something than his teammates come to finish it.... That little shot to the head was a ***** move, but not particularly dangerous. Now I can see why some people would make this a big deal as he did go on a 50000 city tour opening for Charlie Sheen with the whole 'head shots aren't a part of the game'. I do believe if hes going to take the moral high ground and not put himself in position for someone to take a run at him hes going to have to start walking what he talks.

Edited by Shaman464, 27 November 2011 - 02:13 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Foligno should have just dropped his gloves and pounced on Crosby.

It'd be interesting to see if the Pens players would let Crosby fight, or would jump in there to save the day.

He's had a few fights in his career, but I have a hard time seeing him doing it after this concussion business.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Foligno should have just dropped his gloves and pounced on Crosby.

It'd be interesting to see if the Pens players would let Crosby fight, or would jump in there to save the day.

He's had a few fights in his career, but I have a hard time seeing him doing it after this concussion business.

Foligno wouldn't have had a chance to get a fight in. Not if Kunitz is playing babysitter the way he did on that scrum.

Posted Image

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Sid, I'm disappoint.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

It wasn't a butt-end. It was a forearm. Theend of his stick was completely covered by his glove regardless. These scrums happen every game.

an argument can be made saying these things happen almost every game

however, i believe Crosby was saying things like all headshots and head hits needed to get banned, period. and yet he's dishing one out.

#28 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

And if Foligno (or anyone) had done the same thing to Crosby at the other end... how would this have played out?
Posted Image

#29 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Why is anyone surprised that entire organization is full off****** hypocrites starting with that piece of whiney s*** Mario
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#30 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Foligno wouldn't have had a chance to get a fight in. Not if Kunitz is playing babysitter the way he did on that scrum.

Yup, that and Crosby actually hid behind his GOALIE after starting the scrum.

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

Yup, that and Crosby actually hid behind his GOALIE after starting the scrum.

A goalie named "Flowers" no less. How big of a pansy can you be?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

This is why he will never have the respect. He is just lke Mario in that regard, waa waa if someone touches him, but it's just playing hard hockey if he does it to someone else...and just like Mario, nothing will be said from the NHL....Seems to me, NHL was better without him. At least everything was fair and there was no special treatment for players who seem to have special rules...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#33 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Who's Crosby?

#34 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Who's Crosby?

Wasn't he the guy that had that sitcom in the 80s and wore awful-looking sweaters?

Posted Image

Oh wait, that's Cosby. Never mind.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Wasn't he the guy that had that sitcom in the 80s and wore awful-looking sweaters?

Posted Image

Oh wait, that's Cosby. Never mind.

The guy who sings "White Christmas"?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#36 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I am absolutely stunned by the hypocrisy of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and silence by the League, on this turn of events. :rolleyes:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#37 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

The guy who sings "White Christmas"?

I thought it was the fat one in CSNY.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#38 chellfairy

chellfairy

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I don't think I have ever had such a dislike for anyone as I do for Crosby. When I heard he was coming back, :ranting:my first thought was "great, now we're gonna have to see the NHL treat him with kid gloves" Some disagree, and say that everyone won't treat him any differently. After seeing this "scrum", I don't have a huge problem with it. The problem I have is the people who are defending this cry-baby martyr and the whiny cocky hypocritical comments coming from his ugly pie hole. It's only a matter of time before some player cracks and kicks this illiterate sob's ass, and that will be one sweet day. :oStill, can't believe the hatred I have for the idiot.Posted Image

#39 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

I don't think I have ever had such a dislike for anyone as I do for Crosby. When I heard he was coming back, :ranting:my first thought was "great, now we're gonna have to see the NHL treat him with kid gloves" Some disagree, and say that everyone won't treat him any differently. After seeing this "scrum", I don't have a huge problem with it. The problem I have is the people who are defending this cry-baby martyr and the whiny cocky hypocritical comments coming from his ugly pie hole. It's only a matter of time before some player cracks and kicks this illiterate sob's ass, and that will be one sweet day. :oStill, can't believe the hatred I have for the idiot.Posted Image

I don't think I've ever had such a dislike for another poster's choice of font.

Sorry, but it's true.
Rough as guts.

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

Crosby responds to Foligno's comments

:rolleyes: