• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Esquire

Caps Fire Bruce Boudreau

Rate this topic

Via Bob McKenzie Twitter:

WSH GM George McPhee fired Bruce Boudreau this morning. Dale Hunter is the new head coach. Will be at practice this morning.

Time to pick up those Caps players in your pools again!

What's wrong with Hunter?

He has been an excellent coach for the London Knights of the OHL for many years now and won a Memorial Cup with them. They are one of the top team in the CHL right now and could be on their way to another Mem Cup appearance. He has also coached some great players over the years that have gone through London Knights system.

I am sure he will be fine and is just what those underachievers in Washington need.

Edited by redwingfan19

One year too late. When you have a team of selfish players who don't want to learn defense to succeed because they don't respect you, it's time as a GM to cut ties with that coach for someone who the players respect.

They could have benefitted from MacClean a lot...

Edited by stevkrause

The Penguins needed to get rid of Therrien before they could take the next step. The Flyers got rid of Stevens. Boudreau was long overdue IMO. All that talent and they can't even make it to the Conference Finals? The Caps outgrew him awhile ago. Now its time for them to take the next step, for real. I'll be really interested to see how Ovie and Semin play now.

Guest Crymson

Their drubbing by the Sabres made me certain that this was coming. But Dale Hunter? Really? It seems Leonsis is allowing nostalgia to cloud his judgment. I guess he has grit?

Obviously, they were going to remove him instead of letting Ovechkin go.

The players always win these battles.

The fact that the team was losing regularly was also an issue; Ovechkin can't be solely blamed for that. And I think Boudreau's playoff record was also a big factor in the decision: the guy seems to go to pieces when the playoffs arrive.