• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
slavetothehotlight

Acquiring a top six forward

Rate this topic

For anyone who knows the best top-six rentals that might be available at or before the deadline can u list. In addition, not a top-six but Shane Doan could be this years Dallas Drake depending of the playoff status of Phoenix. He was a beast against us 2 years ago before he got hurt in that series. A little long in the tooth but could be effective on a third or fourth line with limited minutes.

Doan is in his final year of his contract. He could just resign in the offseason after a playoff run with whatever team he is traded to. This is assuming Phoenix may not be in the playoff picture which is obviously not a given but i dont consider them a serious cup-contender. As for Iginla. He always seems to have his name in trade talks these last couple years as Calgary has consistently under-achieved. It would take a lot more to get him though.

why would either of those teams trade away their captains

Because Calgary needs to rebuild. The only way Iginla doesn't get traded is if he doesn't waive his NTC (ala Sundin). I've heard he has provided a list of 4 teams he'd accept a trade to. Pittsburgh is one, I'm assuming Detroit is one as well, but I don't know.

Doan is still a top six player.

True. I had mistakenly looked at his current stats and thought they were his totals for last year haha. He is for sure on the downside of his career, however, and im sure will be on the block for rental if Phoenix is a seller. ?? Has Phoenix straightened out any of their mess with ownership yet and if not i doubt they will be making him a significant offer before this year is done if at all.

Because who wouldn't want Filpulla/Hudler and Ericsson on their team?

Those guys are proven champions who played for the Red Wings.

Hey man, Brian Burke somewhat fell for that line. That is, with an assist to one his men who used to be Brett Lebda's coach at Notre Dame.

First choice is obviously Parise. In his prime, impact player. Can be an integral part of the team in the future.

Second choice is Iginla. The guy can still snipe like crazy, but he's getting old and is not someone likely to be part of the core in upcoming seasons.. Therefore, only get him if he can be got cheap (which may be likely if Iginla wants out and he's only willing to go to a handful of teams). But due to his age and his assured status as a rental, he's only on my list because there's no one else other than Parise on my radar right now.

First choice is obviously Parise. In his prime, impact player. Can be an integral part of the team in the future.

Second choice is Iginla. The guy can still snipe like crazy, but he's getting old and is not someone likely to be part of the core in upcoming seasons.. Therefore, only get him if he can be got cheap (which may be likely if Iginla wants out and he's only willing to go to a handful of teams). But due to his age and his assured status as a rental, he's only on my list because there's no one else other than Parise on my radar right now.

Because Calgary needs to rebuild. The only way Iginla doesn't get traded is if he doesn't waive his NTC (ala Sundin). I've heard he has provided a list of 4 teams he'd accept a trade to. Pittsburgh is one, I'm assuming Detroit is one as well, but I don't know.

Why would you assume that?

I don't see the Wings landing Iginla, because Holland is the type of GM to look at the future just as much as the present. He won't pay a whole lot for Iggy knowing he's well into the second half of his career and likely won't provide much for the Wings in the coming seasons. Other teams will easily outbid us wanting to win today, including some that Iginla will want to play for, expecting they have a chance at a Cup.

Parise is a guy I can see Holland going all out for. We have the capspace, we have the prospects, we have the picks, and this guy can be a cornerstone for years to come. I don't know that we have a top three forward in our talent pool in Grand Rapids or elsewhere. Parise may be able to buy Holland a couple extra years once Dats and Z get into the end of their careers, which will be all the more reason to pull the trigger on this one.

Iggy is signed through next season @ $7 million. I like him, but not that much.

Pending FA forwards who could potentially be available and may be considered top-6:

Ruutu, Tuomo -------CAR 28 $3,800,000 UFA

Jokinen, Olli ------CGY 32 $3,000,000 UFA

Stempniak, Lee -----CGY 28 $1,900,000 UFA

Comeau, Blake ------CGY 25 $2,500,000 RFA

Prospal, Vaclav ----CLB 36 $2,500,000 UFA

Hejduk, Milan ------COL 35 $3,000,000 UFA

Jones, David -------COL 27 $2,500,000 UFA

Samuelsson, Mikael -FLA 34 $2,500,000 UFA

Versteeg, Kris -----FLA 25 $3,083,333 RFA

Penner, Dustin -----LAK 29 $4,250,000 UFA

Parise, Zach -------NJD 27 $6,000,000 UFA

Whitney, Ray -------PHO 39 $3,000,000 UFA

Doan, Shane --------PHO 35 $4,550,000 UFA

Grabovski, Mikhail -TOR 27 $2,900,000 UFA

Kulemin, Nikolai ---TOR 25 $2,350,000 RFA

Semin, Alexander ---WAS 27 $6,700,000 UFA

I may have missed a few, and there may be some who aren't going to be FAs who may be worth looking at, but it's not very impressive. Parise, Semin, and Doan probably the most likely to have a real impact. Don't know that I'd want to trade for any of the rest of them, unless it was cheap. (For that matter I wouldn't give up much for Semin or Doan either.)

Iggy is signed through next season @ $7 million. I like him, but not that much.

Pending FA forwards who could potentially be available and may be considered top-6:

Ruutu, Tuomo -------CAR 28 $3,800,000 UFA

Jokinen, Olli ------CGY 32 $3,000,000 UFA

Stempniak, Lee -----CGY 28 $1,900,000 UFA

Comeau, Blake ------CGY 25 $2,500,000 RFA

Prospal, Vaclav ----CLB 36 $2,500,000 UFA

Hejduk, Milan ------COL 35 $3,000,000 UFA

Jones, David -------COL 27 $2,500,000 UFA

Samuelsson, Mikael -FLA 34 $2,500,000 UFA

Versteeg, Kris -----FLA 25 $3,083,333 RFA

Penner, Dustin -----LAK 29 $4,250,000 UFA

Parise, Zach -------NJD 27 $6,000,000 UFA

Whitney, Ray -------PHO 39 $3,000,000 UFA

Doan, Shane --------PHO 35 $4,550,000 UFA

Grabovski, Mikhail -TOR 27 $2,900,000 UFA

Kulemin, Nikolai ---TOR 25 $2,350,000 RFA

Semin, Alexander ---WAS 27 $6,700,000 UFA

I may have missed a few, and there may be some who aren't going to be FAs who may be worth looking at, but it's not very impressive. Parise, Semin, and Doan probably the most likely to have a real impact. Don't know that I'd want to trade for any of the rest of them, unless it was cheap. (For that matter I wouldn't give up much for Semin or Doan either.)

This is a no brainer, bring Sammy back!

Why not just go for weber? As long as they don't have to give up one of their top 4 forwards, he will increase their offense as well as their defense

I really like booby Ryan but I don't know if I would like to see him in a wings jersey

Edited by wingsfan4795

Assuming Anaheim continues to fall:

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan

Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi

Cory Emmerton

Jakub Kindl

Draft pick

May be overpayment, but we get a legit top line sniper in Bobby Ryan, and a young, speedy grinder with a nose for the net.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ryan

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Beleskey-Helm-Cleary

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Eaves

Miller

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest Crymson

Many people here seem to be unaware that he's been crap so far this season. Knee injuries can have long-term impacts.

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan

Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi

Cory Emmerton

Jakub Kindl

Draft pick

May be overpayment, but we get a legit top line sniper in Bobby Ryan, and a young, speedy grinder with a nose for the net.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ryan

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Beleskey-Helm-Cleary

Miller

... and the Ducks` GM gets fired, then drawn and quartered for making such a preposterous trade. Bertuzzi is on the tail end of his career and is on the final year of his contract; Emmerton will likely be a fourth-line grinder for the rest of his career; Kindl has not developed per expectations; and the draft pick will certainly be low in the first round. In return, we get a young, highly competent and homegrown sniper on the first year of a very reasonable contract.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Heaten

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan

Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi

Cory Emmerton

Jakub Kindl

Draft pick

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ryan

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Beleskey-Helm-Cleary

Miller

Don't bogart that joint, my friend , pass it over to me.

It'll take:

-Helm

-Smith

-Nyquist

-1st

Possibly more....