• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
slavetothehotlight

Acquiring a top six forward

Rate this topic

Depending on how well Phoenix does, I could very easily see Doan coming here and making a big impact during the playoffs. If not him, I could see Daniel Alfredsson coming to Detroit. He's in the next to last year of his contract, but I think this will be it for him and if they win the Cup it'll definitely be it for him. He would fit in with the other Swedes, he's a much needed right handed shot and his leadership and drive could help motivate others. He would bring just as much as Doan.

Don't bogart that joint, my friend , pass it over to me.

It'll take:

-Helm

-Smith

-Nyquist

-1st

Possibly more....

The initial trade proposal was super low that but yorus is equally super high. Bobby Ryan is awesome, and I would gladly take him, but the price your listing is essentially for an absolute superstar in this league.

Many people here seem to be unaware that he's been crap so far this season. Knee injuries can have long-term impacts.

Who cares if he's not having a blistering year so far? The guy has been in the league 6 years (plus games this season). Four of those he's had over 60 points. Except for his first year (understandable) and last year, when he was injured most of the season.

He's an 80 point getter and he'd be a great pickup.

Just say "no" to the "Logo Hunter". :hehe:

Depending what happens to Cleary or Bertuzzi, Sammy would be an acceptable replacement for a third liner who can fill in on the second line, though he's not high on anyone's list, I don't think. He's not the solution but he'd be a good replacement if we lose someone.

Edited by VM1138

Who cares if he's not having a blistering year so far? The guy has been in the league 6 years (plus games this season). Four of those he's had over 60 points. Except for his first year (understandable) and last year, when he was injured most of the season.

Depending what happens to Cleary or Bertuzzi, Sammy would be an acceptable replacement for a third liner who can fill in on the second line, though he's not high on anyone's list, I don't think. He's not the solution but he'd be a good replacement if we lose someone.

Agreed on both points.

I would throw Hudler in that list as well (and maybe more so than Cleary imo). If he got hurt, Sammy could potentially step into that role. I actually would have preferred for the Wings to have found a way to hold on to Samuelsson after 2008-09 instead of the alternative that we ended up with (Bertuzzi/Williams).

The initial trade proposal was super low that but yorus is equally super high. Bobby Ryan is awesome, and I would gladly take him, but the price your listing is essentially for an absolute superstar in this league.

No kidding, I like how he tries to make Bruisebros look like an ass but turns it around on himself :thumbup:

Anyways, I think Holland should make a play for Parise or Ryan. Young guys with the skills to put up a ppg or more for a some years still.

Tatar, Kindl and a first round pick might actually be enough to get those deals done.

Maybe throw in a guy like Ferraro or Emmerton as well. Wings have depth in their prospect pool.

No kidding, I like how he tries to make Bruisebros look like an ass but turns it around on himself :thumbup:

Anyways, I think Holland should make a play for Parise or Ryan. Young guys with the skills to put up a ppg or more for a some years still.

Tatar, Kindl and a first round pick might actually be enough to get those deals done.

Maybe throw in a guy like Ferraro or Emmerton as well. Wings have depth in their prospect pool.

Give them Stuart a prospect ..he is gone after this year anyway.

Yeah, I mean everyone can have their opinion on what Ryan's value (in a trade) would be but it's funny for him to rip one trade proposal for value and then hit the opposite end of the spectrum by way over paying - at least in my opinion.

Personally, I like Parise as a player better than Ryan. I think he's more well rounded and would be an excellent leader for some time. That being said, I feel as though the asking price for Parise would be higher than Ryan and with Parise's knee injury maybe that's a bit more of a risky move. I'm not saying Anaheim would ever deal to the Wings but Ryan may be the safer play.

But I do agree that the Wings have the pieces to make a deal happen. I think the bulk of the teams that would be trying to acquire Ryan would be looking for that extra piece to make them real, full blown contenders so unless the Ducks want to trade for Jeff Carter or something I don't think they'll be getting that 2nd line centre type they may be after.

Guest Crymson

Did you miss the "he had a major knee injury" part? Such injuries can have long-term effects. Parise might no longer be an 80-point guy.

LOL

You must be like 15 years old. Do you know anything about the Wings, the NHL, or hockey in general? Every time you get on here, you contribute absolutely nothing at all. I think I speak for all posters here when I say you're a dumbass.

Honestly, what would it take to get someone like Iginla here? It would most certainly cost at least Fanzen along with some other packaged items. I am all for getting rid of some talent to get some talent, but as much as I cannot stand Franzen and his stupid contract, I would rather trade him for someone who is gonna spend some time here instead of just a rental, like Iginla or Doan would be. I guess with any pending UFA there is no guarantee that they will re-sign here, but someone like the two mentioned would most certainly come in, get their Cup and skate (pun intended) away back to were they came from. I think this is why the names Parise or Semin come (yes, intended again! :lol: ) up often because they are younger and probably are looking to sign a deal that takes them close to, if not to the end of their career's. I mention Franzen because he is so inconsistent and even though he is leading the team, you cannot accept the fact that his goals all come in a handful of games and then he goes like 20 without scoring. I just do not want to see how inconsistent he is going to be 5 years from now, let alone when his contract is up. Unfortunately, we have a few stars and a team full of average (at best) players who nobody would really be interested in (unless they are packaged.)

I would hate to lose Stuart, but if his heart is set on going home, Holland needs to either talk him into a sign and trade before July 1st, or deal him at the deadline because to lose him for nothing would be horrible. Maybe he would like to go to San Jose, don't know what he would get us in return, but it would be worth a shot. He may not bring much in return, but even a Brad Winchester is better than zero. Of course, my first choice would to just keep and re-sign Stuart.

Roster players that can be used in a package in my book are Franzen, Hudler, Cleary, Miller, Emmerton, Brunstrom, Kindl, Ericsson, Bertuzzi (although noone will want him) and of course if you have to add prospects. Of course, if they continue to win 9 out of every 11 games, I can be perfectly content in seeing how far this team will go this season...

Did you miss the "he had a major knee injury" part? Such injuries can have long-term effects. Parise might no longer be an 80-point guy.

I agree. Look at Steve Yzerman. He was a consistent 100 point getter in the 80's, even after his first knee surgery he was still an 80-100 point player. But when he had that last major knee re-aligment, he became a complete different player. He was still effective and a great leader, but no longer was he that 90 point threat. (of course he was a bit older than Parise is now, but that is just an example supporting your argument.)

Another player to think about is Pavel Bure. I do believe he had knee issues and was never the same too.

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest stinky fish taco

You must be like 15 years old. Do you know anything about the Wings, the NHL, or hockey in general? Every time you get on here, you contribute absolutely nothing at all. I think I speak for all posters here when I say you're a dumbass.

...except i have made tons of posts that talk about hockey.

you posted something laughable, so i laughed.

with a proposal that ridiculous, i thought that was what you were going for.

don't get all offended.

There's no need to get offended. It was actually kinda funny

Guest stinky fish taco

oh my god i missed the best part:

May be overpayment

ok, you officially win the "LGW comedy hour" award.

there is no way you were serious with that post.

just no way.

Guest Heaten

You obviously mis-read my post. I didn't say 'Holland should offer', I said "it'll take" to acquire Ryan.

You're off your rocker if you think Ducks can't get that kind of return for Ryan by someone in the NHL. This is a business deal for the Ducks, not a "hey, lets help those Detroit Red Wings by taking major underpayment" when they can get much, much more from other teams around the NHL.

Doesn't matter, Holland isn't going to acquire Bobby Ryan anyhow, there's no way in hell he'll give them their asking price....

P.s. Iove how your rip my post yet you are too chicken s*** to post what you think Bobby Ryan's value is. :lol:

You obviously mis-read my post. I didn't say 'Holland should offer', I said "it'll take" to acquire Ryan.

You're off your rocker if you think Ducks can't get that kind of return for Ryan by someone in the NHL. This is a business deal for the Ducks, not a "hey, lets help those Detroit Red Wings by taking major underpayment" when they can get much, much more from other teams around the NHL.

Doesn't matter, Holland isn't going to acquire Bobby Ryan anyhow, there's no way in hell he'll give them their asking price....

P.s. Iove how your rip my post yet you are too chicken s*** to post what you think Bobby Ryan's value is. :lol:

Heaten, you're always such a whiner when someone disagrees with something you say.

First, I didn't misread your post. I didn't imply that you said Holland should offer package xyz. I said that I thought what you were suggesting it would take to get Ryan was high.

Second, I never said the Ducks are going to 'help those Detroit Red Wings by taking major underpayment'. Just because I think your package is too high doesn't imply that I would think the Ducks would give him away either.

Third, you can sling insults if you want. But ultimately any one who reads this thread can see you getting all defensive just because I disagreed with your proposal.

Edited by mmamolo