• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
slavetothehotlight

Acquiring a top six forward

Rate this topic

I'll bracket some guys off and list what I think the asking price would be. I'm not saying that I would make these trades, and I'm not about to speculate on what Holland is willing to do.

I'll try not to go all fan-boy and inflate the worth of our players.

"A" Bracket - Hockey Deals - You get a player who'll contribute beyond the 11/12 playoff run.

Iginla

Ryan

It would take:

1 Top Prosepct - Smith/Nyquist

1 Mid-level Player - Cleary/Hudler/Ericsson

1st round pick 2012

2nd round pick 2013

OR

1 Top Prospect - Smith/Nyquist

1 Solid Player - Franzen/Filpulla

2nd round pick 2012

"B" Bracket - Rentals - slightly lower asking price

Parise

Suter

Weber

It would take:

2nd round pick 2012

OR

1st round pick in 2012

Maybe I'm out to lunch or high or something. Anyway, no doubt a less patient/more desperate team would offer more.

Also, it's hard to assume the value another team may attribute to guys like Smith, Ericsson, Filpulla, etc.

Well, I am certain it would cost at least Franzen to acquire Ryan, and with Franzen's horrible inconsistency, I would welcome that....but that is probably just me. Really, though, is Ryan a pure sniper? Is he really what this team would need to be better? That is the issue, who is out there that is that sniper Datsyuk needs? How do we acquire him, can we? Will we? Will the other team give him up? Are we stuck with this exact team until July 1st? I'd love to see this team improve to the point to where they are elite again, but right now, they just lack that consistent scoring.

Will the last person riding on the "Jiri Hudler Bandwagon" please tip the driver.

I agree! But, he would just be a throw in at this moment. He couldn't get us anything over the summer with all his "potential" and he certainly wouldn't bring us anything in return right now. Package him with Kindl and a pick/prospect, then maybe we can get a #5 or #6 guy...

...except i have made tons of posts that talk about hockey.

you posted something laughable, so i laughed.

with a proposal that ridiculous, i thought that was what you were going for.

don't get all offended.

Lol okay. Run off now, your moms got a long list of chores for you, chump.

I'm done feeding the troll for today.

Guest Heaten

Iginla

Ryan

It would take:

1st round pick 2012

2nd round pick 2013

OR

1 Top Prospect - Smith/Nyquist

2nd round pick 2012

Finally, someone who 'gets it'. There seem to be lots of people here think the Ducks are here to server the Detroit Red Wings by taking their scraps and overpaid underachievers.

That said, I would rate Bobby Ryan's value more than Iginla because he's younger (24), better cap hit and is a consistent 30+ goal scorer with 40 goal potential. Ryan has the size, grit and toughness the top 6 lacks.... best of all, he's really young and didn't even hit his peak yet.

But I'd bet money that Holland isn't going to acquire Ryan. Too many other teams around the NHL that can offer way more than DRWs can afford to lose.

Guest stinky fish taco

Lol okay. Run off now, your moms got a long list of chores for you, chump.

I'm done feeding the troll for today.

is this the part where you're "contributing"?

well done.

I agree. Look at Steve Yzerman. He was a consistent 100 point getter in the 80's, even after his first knee surgery he was still an 80-100 point player. But when he had that last major knee re-aligment, he became a complete different player. He was still effective and a great leader, but no longer was he that 90 point threat. (of course he was a bit older than Parise is now, but that is just an example supporting your argument.)

Another player to think about is Pavel Bure. I do believe he had knee issues and was never the same too.

Yzerman was 36 or 37 when he had this knee operation, and it was one of several he had over his career as well as back injuries and other problems. I hardly think that's comparable to Parise's current situation.

Hudler

Ericsson

some prospect

some pick (probably 1st rounder)

for

Iginla

Ivanans

This is it.

It would be enough, but there will be a better offer out there:

11 teams could aquire Iginla without moving any salary.

Seriously any team would be lying to say they wouldn't want a chance to pick him up.

He has a No Move clause that would make it be his decision to leave and I doubt he wants to leave Calgary at all.

I think management will go before he does, but, I'll go on record to say I'd take him, a line of Z and D would negate any short comings Iginla has.

A buddy of mine lives in SoCal and he heard on their local sports channel that the Ducks might be shopping Bobby Ryan. Not gonna get my hopes up by any means, but we do have the cap space, and thinking about Bobby Ryan on a line with Pavel makes me drool.

Kind of old news. And if other posters on this page are right and it will take franzen to get him, then I say no thanks

Once we play as many games as Chicago we will have the second most goals in the West and the Second fewest allowed in the West. I don't see what this massive need for mortaging our furture for a top six forward is. Just trade for a guy with speed, who is defensively average and can put up 20-30 goals, that's about all i would trade for. Iginla i do not want. We already have enough floaters on this team.

Why would we trade Ericsson after signing him to a 3 year deal?

Because the fanboys on this site think real life is like NHL 12.

This is it.

It would be enough, but there will be a better offer out there:

11 teams could aquire Iginla without moving any salary.

Seriously any team would be lying to say they wouldn't want a chance to pick him up.

He has a No Move clause that would make it be his decision to leave and I doubt he wants to leave Calgary at all.

I think management will go before he does, but, I'll go on record to say I'd take him, a line of Z and D would negate any short comings Iginla has.

Iggy has just under $5 million in cap hit remaining this year. We would not have to move any salary in order to add him. (Nor would Chicago.) If Calgary were to move him, it would most likely be a rebuild move, meaning they'd be most interested in prospects and picks. I doubt they'd be interested in any of our roster players aside from maybe Helm or Abby.

We have quite a few nice looking forward prospects, but I think we need to value those prospects higher than other teams would until we find some replacement for Pav and Hank. Trading them for an aging Iggy wouldn't make any sense. We're weak on defense prospects, and with Nick nearing retirement we can't afford to move Smith for a forward. I think we'd have to offer two 1st-rounders, plus swap another pick (like a 3rd for a 5th) or even just add another pick, plus throw in whatever roster forward we want to move to make room for him (Emmy, Bruno, Eaves, MIller).

Since he's signed for next year, we wouldn't be able to make a run at any of the top FA forwards (unless maybe we moved Flip/Cleary, or skimp on defense, or the cap goes up significantly). Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'd rather look for someone who would help more in the future.

Ryan is a little perplexing. He's only 24 and already has three 30+ goal seasons. Not off to a great start but not terrible either. Considering the Ducks can't score you wouldn't think they'd be looking to trade him in order to upgrade. He's not the type you'd trade if looking to rebuild either. I have to think he's not a fit in the locker room. Either he doesn't want to be there or the team/coaches don't want him there. A cause for some concern I think. Being signed for three more years at a fair price I can't imagine he'd be cheap to get either. Not sure what the Ducks would want. Maybe Flip since they seem to like the Fins lately. Not sure what their prospect pool looks like but their current defense is aging. Smith or Kindl might draw interest, but I wouldn't want that. Maybe one of our newer picks like Oullett(sp) or Sproul. A top forward prospect plus a 1st (and maybe another later pick) to round it out. Not sure if I'd like a deal like that or not. I'd want to know why they're shopping him.

Parise as a pending UFA, and having a down year so far (though not really any worse than Iggy or Ryan) and coming off a serious injury should be significantly cheaper. The injury is a bit of a risk, but not huge. He should still be a solid 30+ scorer for several seasons (and possibly return to full 40+ form). Also a risk that he could leave after the season, but we'd have plenty of time to negotiate. Unfortunately, the only real reason for NJ to move him is if they don't think they can re-sign him (or maybe to find a replacement for Broduer). Assuming they feel the need to move him, maybe something like Flip, a good prospect (Sheahan seems like a good fit), and a 2nd.

Guest Crymson

Give them Stuart a prospect ..he is gone after this year anyway.

Why would they want a guy who is on the last year of his contract?

Same reason the Sharks traded Setoguchi one day after signing him to a 3 year deal. To improve the team.

The real question is, why would anyone trade for Ericsson?

When wad the last time Holland did a legit sign and trade? ,but you make a good point ....LGW where Hudler and Ericsson are worth top 6 value

Yzerman was 36 or 37 when he had this knee operation, and it was one of several he had over his career as well as back injuries and other problems. I hardly think that's comparable to Parise's current situation.

Yzerman's surgery was also very radical and normally performed on people much older than he was. I agree, not comparable at all.

Iggy has just under $5 million in cap hit remaining this year. We would not have to move any salary in order to add him. (Nor would Chicago.) If Calgary were to move him, it would most likely be a rebuild move, meaning they'd be most interested in prospects and picks. I doubt they'd be interested in any of our roster players aside from maybe Helm or Abby.

We have quite a few nice looking forward prospects, but I think we need to value those prospects higher than other teams would until we find some replacement for Pav and Hank. Trading them for an aging Iggy wouldn't make any sense. We're weak on defense prospects, and with Nick nearing retirement we can't afford to move Smith for a forward. I think we'd have to offer two 1st-rounders, plus swap another pick (like a 3rd for a 5th) or even just add another pick, plus throw in whatever roster forward we want to move to make room for him (Emmy, Bruno, Eaves, MIller).

Since he's signed for next year, we wouldn't be able to make a run at any of the top FA forwards (unless maybe we moved Flip/Cleary, or skimp on defense, or the cap goes up significantly). Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'd rather look for someone who would help more in the future.

Ryan is a little perplexing. He's only 24 and already has three 30+ goal seasons. Not off to a great start but not terrible either. Considering the Ducks can't score you wouldn't think they'd be looking to trade him in order to upgrade. He's not the type you'd trade if looking to rebuild either. I have to think he's not a fit in the locker room. Either he doesn't want to be there or the team/coaches don't want him there. A cause for some concern I think. Being signed for three more years at a fair price I can't imagine he'd be cheap to get either. Not sure what the Ducks would want. Maybe Flip since they seem to like the Fins lately. Not sure what their prospect pool looks like but their current defense is aging. Smith or Kindl might draw interest, but I wouldn't want that. Maybe one of our newer picks like Oullett(sp) or Sproul. A top forward prospect plus a 1st (and maybe another later pick) to round it out. Not sure if I'd like a deal like that or not. I'd want to know why they're shopping him.

Parise as a pending UFA, and having a down year so far (though not really any worse than Iggy or Ryan) and coming off a serious injury should be significantly cheaper. The injury is a bit of a risk, but not huge. He should still be a solid 30+ scorer for several seasons (and possibly return to full 40+ form). Also a risk that he could leave after the season, but we'd have plenty of time to negotiate. Unfortunately, the only real reason for NJ to move him is if they don't think they can re-sign him (or maybe to find a replacement for Broduer). Assuming they feel the need to move him, maybe something like Flip, a good prospect (Sheahan seems like a good fit), and a 2nd.

You make some good points but the one thing youre missing is Lidstrom's contract. Its very possible this is his last season and the Wings will have an extra 6-7 mill in cap space.

You make some good points but the one thing youre missing is Lidstrom's contract. Its very possible this is his last season and the Wings will have an extra 6-7 mill in cap space.

That is true, if Lidstrom is gone then sure there's more money. But I think we'd all like to imagine a 2012-13 Red Wings team with Lidstrom and some prize UFA or trade acquisition.