• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

Why not just go for weber? As long as they don't have to give up one of their top 4 forwards, he will increase their offense as well as their defense

I really like booby Ryan but I don't know if I would like to see him in a wings jersey

Edited by wingsfan4795, 29 November 2011 - 01:23 AM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#22 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Assuming Anaheim continues to fall:

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan
Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi
Cory Emmerton
Jakub Kindl
Draft pick

May be overpayment, but we get a legit top line sniper in Bobby Ryan, and a young, speedy grinder with a nose for the net.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ryan
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Beleskey-Helm-Cleary
Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Eaves
Miller

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 29 November 2011 - 01:42 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#23 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

iginla would be awesome, about 10 million times a better idea than f***in semen
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#24 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:04 AM

First choice is obviously Parise. In his prime, impact player. Can be an integral part of the team in the future.

Many people here seem to be unaware that he's been crap so far this season. Knee injuries can have long-term impacts.

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan
Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi
Cory Emmerton
Jakub Kindl
Draft pick

May be overpayment, but we get a legit top line sniper in Bobby Ryan, and a young, speedy grinder with a nose for the net.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ryan
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Beleskey-Helm-Cleary
Miller

... and the Ducks` GM gets fired, then drawn and quartered for making such a preposterous trade. Bertuzzi is on the tail end of his career and is on the final year of his contract; Emmerton will likely be a fourth-line grinder for the rest of his career; Kindl has not developed per expectations; and the draft pick will certainly be low in the first round. In return, we get a young, highly competent and homegrown sniper on the first year of a very reasonable contract.

Edited by Crymson, 29 November 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan
Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi
Cory Emmerton
Jakub Kindl
Draft pick

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ryan
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Beleskey-Helm-Cleary
Miller

Don't bogart that joint, my friend , pass it over to me.

It'll take:

-Helm
-Smith
-Nyquist
-1st

Possibly more....

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

It'll take:

-Helm
-Smith
-Nyquist
-1st

Possibly more....

Just tossing it out there, take it easy.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

Depending on how well Phoenix does, I could very easily see Doan coming here and making a big impact during the playoffs. If not him, I could see Daniel Alfredsson coming to Detroit. He's in the next to last year of his contract, but I think this will be it for him and if they win the Cup it'll definitely be it for him. He would fit in with the other Swedes, he's a much needed right handed shot and his leadership and drive could help motivate others. He would bring just as much as Doan.

#28 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Bring back Sammy!!!

Just say "no" to the "Logo Hunter". :hehe:

#29 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

If Detroit is on that list we need to go get Iginla

#30 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

To Detroit:

Bobby Ryan
Matt Beleskey

To Anaheim:

Todd Bertuzzi
Cory Emmerton
Jakub Kindl
Draft pick

LOL

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#31 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

It'll take:

-Helm
-Smith
-Nyquist
-1st

Possibly more....

The initial trade proposal was super low that but yorus is equally super high. Bobby Ryan is awesome, and I would gladly take him, but the price your listing is essentially for an absolute superstar in this league.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#32 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

Many people here seem to be unaware that he's been crap so far this season. Knee injuries can have long-term impacts.

Who cares if he's not having a blistering year so far? The guy has been in the league 6 years (plus games this season). Four of those he's had over 60 points. Except for his first year (understandable) and last year, when he was injured most of the season.

He's an 80 point getter and he'd be a great pickup.

Just say "no" to the "Logo Hunter". :hehe:

Depending what happens to Cleary or Bertuzzi, Sammy would be an acceptable replacement for a third liner who can fill in on the second line, though he's not high on anyone's list, I don't think. He's not the solution but he'd be a good replacement if we lose someone.

Edited by VM1138, 29 November 2011 - 10:03 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#33 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Who cares if he's not having a blistering year so far? The guy has been in the league 6 years (plus games this season). Four of those he's had over 60 points. Except for his first year (understandable) and last year, when he was injured most of the season.

He's an 80 point getter and he'd be a great pickup.

Depending what happens to Cleary or Bertuzzi, Sammy would be an acceptable replacement for a third liner who can fill in on the second line, though he's not high on anyone's list, I don't think. He's not the solution but he'd be a good replacement if we lose someone.

Agreed on both points.

I would throw Hudler in that list as well (and maybe more so than Cleary imo). If he got hurt, Sammy could potentially step into that role. I actually would have preferred for the Wings to have found a way to hold on to Samuelsson after 2008-09 instead of the alternative that we ended up with (Bertuzzi/Williams).

#34 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

I would be happy if we can get Ales Hemsky.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#35 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

The initial trade proposal was super low that but yorus is equally super high. Bobby Ryan is awesome, and I would gladly take him, but the price your listing is essentially for an absolute superstar in this league.

No kidding, I like how he tries to make Bruisebros look like an ass but turns it around on himself :thumbup:

Anyways, I think Holland should make a play for Parise or Ryan. Young guys with the skills to put up a ppg or more for a some years still.

Tatar, Kindl and a first round pick might actually be enough to get those deals done.

Maybe throw in a guy like Ferraro or Emmerton as well. Wings have depth in their prospect pool.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#36 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

No kidding, I like how he tries to make Bruisebros look like an ass but turns it around on himself :thumbup:

Anyways, I think Holland should make a play for Parise or Ryan. Young guys with the skills to put up a ppg or more for a some years still.

Tatar, Kindl and a first round pick might actually be enough to get those deals done.

Maybe throw in a guy like Ferraro or Emmerton as well. Wings have depth in their prospect pool.

Give them Stuart a prospect ..he is gone after this year anyway.

#37 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

James Neal :clap:

#38 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Short term improvement 6th/7th for Knuble;long term Parise :P

#39 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, I mean everyone can have their opinion on what Ryan's value (in a trade) would be but it's funny for him to rip one trade proposal for value and then hit the opposite end of the spectrum by way over paying - at least in my opinion.

Personally, I like Parise as a player better than Ryan. I think he's more well rounded and would be an excellent leader for some time. That being said, I feel as though the asking price for Parise would be higher than Ryan and with Parise's knee injury maybe that's a bit more of a risky move. I'm not saying Anaheim would ever deal to the Wings but Ryan may be the safer play.

But I do agree that the Wings have the pieces to make a deal happen. I think the bulk of the teams that would be trying to acquire Ryan would be looking for that extra piece to make them real, full blown contenders so unless the Ducks want to trade for Jeff Carter or something I don't think they'll be getting that 2nd line centre type they may be after.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#40 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Why would you assume that?

Not really my assumption, from someone else's mouth and they heard Pittsburgh and then assumed the other 3.....the basics were that he'd accept a trade to a "good team" that had a chance to win.