• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Who cares if he's not having a blistering year so far? The guy has been in the league 6 years (plus games this season). Four of those he's had over 60 points. Except for his first year (understandable) and last year, when he was injured most of the season.

He's an 80 point getter and he'd be a great pickup.

Did you miss the "he had a major knee injury" part? Such injuries can have long-term effects. Parise might no longer be an 80-point guy.

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

LOL

You must be like 15 years old. Do you know anything about the Wings, the NHL, or hockey in general? Every time you get on here, you contribute absolutely nothing at all. I think I speak for all posters here when I say you're a dumbass.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Honestly, what would it take to get someone like Iginla here? It would most certainly cost at least Fanzen along with some other packaged items. I am all for getting rid of some talent to get some talent, but as much as I cannot stand Franzen and his stupid contract, I would rather trade him for someone who is gonna spend some time here instead of just a rental, like Iginla or Doan would be. I guess with any pending UFA there is no guarantee that they will re-sign here, but someone like the two mentioned would most certainly come in, get their Cup and skate (pun intended) away back to were they came from. I think this is why the names Parise or Semin come (yes, intended again! :lol: ) up often because they are younger and probably are looking to sign a deal that takes them close to, if not to the end of their career's. I mention Franzen because he is so inconsistent and even though he is leading the team, you cannot accept the fact that his goals all come in a handful of games and then he goes like 20 without scoring. I just do not want to see how inconsistent he is going to be 5 years from now, let alone when his contract is up. Unfortunately, we have a few stars and a team full of average (at best) players who nobody would really be interested in (unless they are packaged.)

I would hate to lose Stuart, but if his heart is set on going home, Holland needs to either talk him into a sign and trade before July 1st, or deal him at the deadline because to lose him for nothing would be horrible. Maybe he would like to go to San Jose, don't know what he would get us in return, but it would be worth a shot. He may not bring much in return, but even a Brad Winchester is better than zero. Of course, my first choice would to just keep and re-sign Stuart.

Roster players that can be used in a package in my book are Franzen, Hudler, Cleary, Miller, Emmerton, Brunstrom, Kindl, Ericsson, Bertuzzi (although noone will want him) and of course if you have to add prospects. Of course, if they continue to win 9 out of every 11 games, I can be perfectly content in seeing how far this team will go this season...

Did you miss the "he had a major knee injury" part? Such injuries can have long-term effects. Parise might no longer be an 80-point guy.

I agree. Look at Steve Yzerman. He was a consistent 100 point getter in the 80's, even after his first knee surgery he was still an 80-100 point player. But when he had that last major knee re-aligment, he became a complete different player. He was still effective and a great leader, but no longer was he that 90 point threat. (of course he was a bit older than Parise is now, but that is just an example supporting your argument.)

Another player to think about is Pavel Bure. I do believe he had knee issues and was never the same too.

Edited by LeftWinger, 29 November 2011 - 01:15 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#44 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

You must be like 15 years old. Do you know anything about the Wings, the NHL, or hockey in general? Every time you get on here, you contribute absolutely nothing at all. I think I speak for all posters here when I say you're a dumbass.

...except i have made tons of posts that talk about hockey.

you posted something laughable, so i laughed.

with a proposal that ridiculous, i thought that was what you were going for.

don't get all offended.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#45 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

There's no need to get offended. It was actually kinda funny
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#46 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

oh my god i missed the best part:

May be overpayment

ok, you officially win the "LGW comedy hour" award.

there is no way you were serious with that post.

just no way.

LOL

#47 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Fine, but if St. Louis gets him for pennies on the dollar and ends up winning the division, I'm holding all of you responsible, LGW.

#48 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

The initial trade proposal was super low that but yorus is equally super high. Bobby Ryan is awesome, and I would gladly take him, but the price your listing is essentially for an absolute superstar in this league.

You obviously mis-read my post. I didn't say 'Holland should offer', I said "it'll take" to acquire Ryan.

You're off your rocker if you think Ducks can't get that kind of return for Ryan by someone in the NHL. This is a business deal for the Ducks, not a "hey, lets help those Detroit Red Wings by taking major underpayment" when they can get much, much more from other teams around the NHL.

Doesn't matter, Holland isn't going to acquire Bobby Ryan anyhow, there's no way in hell he'll give them their asking price....

P.s. Iove how your rip my post yet you are too chicken s*** to post what you think Bobby Ryan's value is. :lol:

#49 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hudler
Ericsson
some prospect
some pick (probably 1st rounder)

for

Iginla
Ivanans
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#50 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

You obviously mis-read my post. I didn't say 'Holland should offer', I said "it'll take" to acquire Ryan.

You're off your rocker if you think Ducks can't get that kind of return for Ryan by someone in the NHL. This is a business deal for the Ducks, not a "hey, lets help those Detroit Red Wings by taking major underpayment" when they can get much, much more from other teams around the NHL.

Doesn't matter, Holland isn't going to acquire Bobby Ryan anyhow, there's no way in hell he'll give them their asking price....

P.s. Iove how your rip my post yet you are too chicken s*** to post what you think Bobby Ryan's value is. :lol:

Heaten, you're always such a whiner when someone disagrees with something you say.

First, I didn't misread your post. I didn't imply that you said Holland should offer package xyz. I said that I thought what you were suggesting it would take to get Ryan was high.

Second, I never said the Ducks are going to 'help those Detroit Red Wings by taking major underpayment'. Just because I think your package is too high doesn't imply that I would think the Ducks would give him away either.

Third, you can sling insults if you want. But ultimately any one who reads this thread can see you getting all defensive just because I disagreed with your proposal.

Edited by mmamolo, 29 November 2011 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

Will the last person riding on the "Jiri Hudler Bandwagon" please tip the driver.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#52 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'll bracket some guys off and list what I think the asking price would be. I'm not saying that I would make these trades, and I'm not about to speculate on what Holland is willing to do.

I'll try not to go all fan-boy and inflate the worth of our players.

"A" Bracket - Hockey Deals - You get a player who'll contribute beyond the 11/12 playoff run.

Iginla
Ryan

It would take:

1 Top Prosepct - Smith/Nyquist
1 Mid-level Player - Cleary/Hudler/Ericsson
1st round pick 2012
2nd round pick 2013

OR
1 Top Prospect - Smith/Nyquist
1 Solid Player - Franzen/Filpulla
2nd round pick 2012

"B" Bracket - Rentals - slightly lower asking price

Parise
Suter
Weber

It would take:

2nd round pick 2012

OR

1st round pick in 2012

Maybe I'm out to lunch or high or something. Anyway, no doubt a less patient/more desperate team would offer more.

Also, it's hard to assume the value another team may attribute to guys like Smith, Ericsson, Filpulla, etc.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#53 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Jeff Carter might be available from Columbus; it depends on which Jeff Carter you're talking to.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#54 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Well, I am certain it would cost at least Franzen to acquire Ryan, and with Franzen's horrible inconsistency, I would welcome that....but that is probably just me. Really, though, is Ryan a pure sniper? Is he really what this team would need to be better? That is the issue, who is out there that is that sniper Datsyuk needs? How do we acquire him, can we? Will we? Will the other team give him up? Are we stuck with this exact team until July 1st? I'd love to see this team improve to the point to where they are elite again, but right now, they just lack that consistent scoring.

www.thinkdunes.com

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Will the last person riding on the "Jiri Hudler Bandwagon" please tip the driver.

I agree! But, he would just be a throw in at this moment. He couldn't get us anything over the summer with all his "potential" and he certainly wouldn't bring us anything in return right now. Package him with Kindl and a pick/prospect, then maybe we can get a #5 or #6 guy...

www.thinkdunes.com

#56 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

...except i have made tons of posts that talk about hockey.

you posted something laughable, so i laughed.

with a proposal that ridiculous, i thought that was what you were going for.

don't get all offended.

Lol okay. Run off now, your moms got a long list of chores for you, chump.

I'm done feeding the troll for today.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#57 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

Iginla
Ryan

It would take:

1st round pick 2012
2nd round pick 2013

OR
1 Top Prospect - Smith/Nyquist
2nd round pick 2012

Finally, someone who 'gets it'. There seem to be lots of people here think the Ducks are here to server the Detroit Red Wings by taking their scraps and overpaid underachievers.

That said, I would rate Bobby Ryan's value more than Iginla because he's younger (24), better cap hit and is a consistent 30+ goal scorer with 40 goal potential. Ryan has the size, grit and toughness the top 6 lacks.... best of all, he's really young and didn't even hit his peak yet.

But I'd bet money that Holland isn't going to acquire Ryan. Too many other teams around the NHL that can offer way more than DRWs can afford to lose.

#58 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Lol okay. Run off now, your moms got a long list of chores for you, chump.

I'm done feeding the troll for today.

is this the part where you're "contributing"?

well done.

LOL

#59 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hudler
Ericsson
some prospect