• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/30 GDT : Lightning 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Just caught up to the live feed with the dvr. Great goals by pavs and homer. Helmer might have some hands after all. The 4 min PP seemed like a bj's PP rather than detroit. Holy crap Howie has been good. And edzo and milbury STILL suck.

Just got back from work, glad to see Jimmay playing well.

Did Stevie get an ovation?

They talked about a highlight video for Stevie shown in the arena...got a good ovation from the crowd...they didn't show the video or the ovation.

Just got back from work, glad to see Jimmay playing well.

Did Stevie get an ovation?

Yes he did, we didn't get to see it though. They played a tribute to him on the big screen during a commercial break.

My terrible puns are now 8-0. Just saying... blush.gif

Keep up the good work!

Wow, what a great game.

I admit, I was pretty worried after the end of the 2nd period.

Nice to see us have a good night in the faceoff circle too....44W-25L.

I thought everyone had a pretty good game.....TB was crazy on that last PK too.

Howard's S% creeping up and up :P

Funny but Howard's S% is actually going to take a (very minor) hit because of this game. That's how stats can sometimes deceive you.

A very entertaining game. I wish hockey was always as energetic.

I think Babcock took an unnecessary risk during the last PP with not having two defencemen on the ice all the time. Tampa really pushed for a goal there.

I got negged for telling people to quit whining? The Wings were winding down the clock. It's no different than quarterbacks taking a knee late in the game. Do you ***** about that too? WE'RE WINNING. STOP IT. Bunch of got damn children.

With a man advantage, i expect our team to control the play, not give up break a ways and get dominated during it. It's not whining, it's being disappointed in your team when you know they are capable of being better, regardless of score. Even if we were up by 8 goals, I'd expect them to control the play on a powerplay.

My terrible puns are now 8-0. Just saying... blush.gif

I've noticed that. If I wasn't on an ipod i'd + ya. Keep them going. How bad is it though that Jimmy's save pct went down tonight? He was .930 and he was 21/23 tonight and a lot of them were quality chances as opposed to weak perimeter shots? Pavs was great again, I think he's back. And while I've called Ericsson on the carpet in the past I've gotta give some props for his multipoint game.

Funny but Howard's S% is actually going to take a (very minor) hit because of this game. That's how stats can sometimes deceive you.

A very entertaining game. I wish hockey was always as energetic.

I think Babcock took an unnecessary risk during the last PP with not having two defencemen on the ice all the time. Tampa really pushed for a goal there.

I was speaking in regards to the game.... but ok...

Edited by Konnan511

With a man advantage, i expect our team to control the play, not give up break a ways and get dominated during it. It's not whining, it's being disappointed in your team when you know they are capable of being better, regardless of score. Even if we were up by 8 goals, I'd expect them to control the play on a powerplay.

The other team wants to win too, you know. It's not unheard of for a team with a 2-goal lead to play a little more cautiously at the end of the game, while the team that's down, especially if they're desperate for points (like Tampa) pushes hard regardless of man disadvantage.

Awesome game, Detroit played very, very good hockey and there's a little too much whining about small stuff imo. This felt like a playoff game.

6 straight wins and the team is looking great pretty much top to bottom. I'm of course worried about the workload for Howard, but for now watching him is so much fun.

Guest stinky fish taco

I got negged for telling people to quit whining? The Wings were winding down the clock. It's no different than quarterbacks taking a knee late in the game. Do you ***** about that too? WE'RE WINNING. STOP IT. Bunch of got damn children.

yet another post by electrophile telling people how to post.

i, for one, am shocked.

I was speaking in regards to the game.... but ok...

Howie was friggin amazing, I don't think anyone is disputing that. I guess we COULD put a certain points vs. win pct. obsessed poster onto the task of save pct. as a stat instead of a save pct. against quality shots with a degree of difficulty multiplier to count among the stat reconciliation. :ninja::)

If someone only read the box score they wouldn't be able to apreciate the awesomeness Top Jimmy displayed in the net tonight.

The other team wants to win too, you know. It's not unheard of for a team with a 2-goal lead to play a little more cautiously at the end of the game, while the team that's down, especially if they're desperate for points (like Tampa) pushes hard regardless of man disadvantage.

Playing cautiously and inept, and playing smart are two completely different things. If they were playing as you suggested, then they shouldn't give up odd man rushes if they are trying to prevent the other team from scoring, they should have gained the zone and dumped the puck and outman the team if they wanted to play that style. They weren't doing that. But thanks for the lesson rolleyes.gif.

Go Wings. Another gane, another win anchored by our soft European team. You knuckledraggers must hate this season.