• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#361 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

I'm happy we're winning. We always play well in the regular season. Grit is most important for the postseason because its so important to win the puck battles in the corners, and to wear the opposition's defenseman down physically. Make them get rid of the puck before they want to. When you're passing with a forechecker coming at you, turnovers are more likely to happen.

I'm happy we're winning, but the post-season is the real test for the Detroit Red Wings.

I agree with this. It feels good to see them win right now. At the same time, in order for them to be unquestionable cup contenders in this competitive league today, I feel like they're going to need another guy who can play tough on the puck down low and create space for everyone else.

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 30 November 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#362 hockeyrhino

hockeyrhino

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Best player out there tonight :thumbup:

Would have loved to see a penalty shot, but on second thought, I don't want to see Pav deke Rolle right out of his jock.
Posted Image

#363 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Great game!! Work shall be great tomorrow with a Wings win and a Leaf loss hahaha

#364 hockeyrhino

hockeyrhino

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

If I hear "stretch pass" again I'm going...well, I haven't figured out what I'm going to do, I just don't want to hear "stretch pass" again. It's this games "active stick".

The funny thing is, the color guy called them out for it in the first, then they praise it in the second!
Posted Image

#365 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,646 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Howard continues to play well.

In past years, we've blown leads before with sloppy plays and him giving up untimely goals. He made some big saves late in the game when we had the PP.

You really have to play the PP as you normally would, and the Wings didn't. That's why we gave up so many chances. Otherwise, teams would kill penalties like that all the time.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#366 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

NHL.com seems to confuse Jonathan Ericsson with Loui Eriksson as they've given a title "Brother Loui" for Big E's goal highlight.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#367 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

I like w`s, don`t care how we get them, we are piling them up right now, I am happy !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#368 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

NHL.com video highlights

Edited by P. Marlowe, 30 November 2011 - 11:25 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#369 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Homer's goal was delicious! I wonder what Bert was saying to Stamkos after he took the high stick?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#370 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

I will be streaming this game at http://freeredwings.tv.

Btw, I can't thank you enough for livestreaming the game, the quality of your livestream is amazing, no one comes close to your stream. Without your work, I'd be stuck with grainy feed ... thanks a million :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Especially enjoyable when we win like we did today !!

Edited by RedWingsRox, 30 November 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#371 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Homer's goal was delicious! I wonder what Bert was saying to Stamkos after he took the high stick?

esteef

I'd like to know that too. Especially when it wasn't Stamkos who highsticked him.

-- Mitch Albom

#372 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

Is it sad that I've watched the replay of the Holmstrom goal about 15 times so far and I still can't get enough of it?

#373 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Two really exciting playoff-like games and wins against the East this past week. The Red Wings pretty much dominated the play tonight outside of the penalties that got the Lightning some momentum in the second. Filppula is an incredible player right now -- love how aggressive and persistent he is offensively. The top two lines have some solid chemistry and production going, which obviously correlates with a long winning streak.

Defense is so much better this year. Shots against are way down and Jimmy stops almost all of them regardless. I'm a little concerned with him wearing down, but he's on fire and points are crucial with no separation amongst teams. Kronwall has developed into an all-around terrific d-man. His defense is excellent this season. Ericsson and Kindl both had really strong games too.

Pierre is still a total ****** and Stevie Y is still a Red Wing no matter what. Good to see him back home.

Edited by GoWings1905, 01 December 2011 - 12:40 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#374 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

Congrats to Jimmy, he's the top goalie with 14 wins and 2nd in GAA :thumbup: !

#375 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Howard continues to play well.

In past years, we've blown leads before with sloppy plays and him giving up untimely goals. He made some big saves late in the game when we had the PP.

You really have to play the PP as you normally would, and the Wings didn't. That's why we gave up so many chances. Otherwise, teams would kill penalties like that all the time.

I fully agree with everything you just said, especially the second part.

We won and I don't see that trend being broken more often than not.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#376 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

Would have loved to see a penalty shot, but on second thought, I don't want to see Pav deke Rolle right out of his jock.

Pfffft. I'd like to see that all day long!

Is it sad that I've watched the replay of the Holmstrom goal about 15 times so far and I still can't get enough of it?

Not at all. It was a very pretty goal, which is extremely rare when it comes to Homer. :)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#377 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

Which goal was better? Holmstrom's from last night or this one:

#378 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

This game was awesome to watch. The game last Wed was amazing to be at. I am really loving how the Wings are playing right now and Jimmy cannot get enough praise for what he is doing right now. I will actually give Ericcson some credit as that goal was nice but he turned around and turned it over 10 seconds later that gave the Bolts a scoring chance... that is what drives me bonkers about him.

#379 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#380 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Ew, ew, ewwww... Get away from him. Ewwww....