• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Dubinsky calls Jody Shelly "a terrible hockey player"

Rate this topic

I don't think anyone expects Jody Shelley to put up points on a regular basis. If he was a "horrible hockey player" and had no value to the team, he wouldn't have a roster spot. I think it is a bad time for Dubinsky to be calling people bad hockey players, seeing as he has scored just 10 points in 20 games this season. Additionally, he's going to be expected to back up his big mouth in the upcoming meetings with Philadelphia, and i don't believe he will step up, and I really like Dubinsky and view him as a player that has a good mind for the game. Not only will he have Shelley after him, Zac Rinaldo will be on his back, as well. Unfortunately, Brandon Prust will likely have to fight all of his battles. Not like he isn't used to it, he fights all of Avery's battles, too.

Meh, if this time next year they end up on the same team, I'm sure he will swear that Shelly is a class act who contributes millions of intangibles. But smack must be talked, nothing new, exciting or especially shocking about any of this.

Sticks and stones may break my bones

but whips and chains excite me.

yumma hamma it's fright night

So how did those two get along when they were teammates? Are they razzing as friends or trying to start something?

Whenever I hear this sort of thing I always wonder the extent of validity to the comments. I coudl see two former teammates stiring it up to hype the 24/7 show. But then again, Shelley is a bit of a moron so maybe Dubinsky took offense. Who knows, but knowing the 'Marketing Geniuses' at the NHL I bet it's fake

I don't think anyone expects Jody Shelley to put up points on a regular basis. If he was a "horrible hockey player" and had no value to the team, he wouldn't have a roster spot. I think it is a bad time for Dubinsky to be calling people bad hockey players, seeing as he has scored just 10 points in 20 games this season. Additionally, he's going to be expected to back up his big mouth in the upcoming meetings with Philadelphia, and i don't believe he will step up, and I really like Dubinsky and view him as a player that has a good mind for the game. Not only will he have Shelley after him, Zac Rinaldo will be on his back, as well. Unfortunately, Brandon Prust will likely have to fight all of his battles. Not like he isn't used to it, he fights all of Avery's battles, too.

I don't think anyone expects Brandon Dubinsky to fight on a regular basis. If he were a "weasel" and had no value to the team, he wouldn't have a roster spot. I think it is a bad time for Shelley to be calling people weasels, seeing as he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the puck, let alone the net. Additionally, if he were expected to back up his big mouth in the upcoming meetings with New York with anything other than fighting, he won't be able to... because he IS a terrible hockey player. I don't like Shelley and I view him as a player that has no mind for the game and is only there to fight, which is all he is capable of doing on the ice. Unfortunately, Claude Giroux, Danny Briere and Scott Hartnell will have to score all of his points for him. Not like they aren't used to it, they score all of Zac Rinaldo's points for him too.

No offense or anything, I like a lot of your posts... just trying to show the opposite perspective from which I view this situation.

yumma hamma it's fright night

Whenever I hear this sort of thing I always wonder the extent of validity to the comments. I coudl see two former teammates stiring it up to hype the 24/7 show. But then again, Shelley is a bit of a moron so maybe Dubinsky took offense. Who knows, but knowing the 'Marketing Geniuses' at the NHL I bet it's fake

Would have been much better if it had been Avery starting something.