There are plenty of players that we can pick up next year that will make us tougher to play against.
There is plenty of players that Holland can go out and replace Bert, Hudler, Miller, Emmerton and Holstrom etc. We need a change of 4th line. Usually 4th lines are big gritty guys that go out and crash and bang. We have a bunch of small soft guys that get manhandled like crazy.
Haven't had a thread like this is a while.
To be honest, our 4th line hasn't looked awful this year. That being said, come playoff time, we're gonna want a few guys that can wear the defense down on the forecheck and win puck battles down low. As far as defense goes, we need guys that will clear the crease, and be able to block shots. I'm sick of having huge pile-ups on top of Howard because of defense just collapses on him. Here is a list of guys I want us to pursue over the summer. Since money likely won't be a problem this offseason, I won't list their current salary.
- 26 years old. 7 points in 19 games coming into tonight. He's found his offensive touch with Chicago this year. Finishes his checks, gets underneath the opposition's skin.Gregory Campbell
- 27 years old. 5 points in 22 games this season. Pretty good in the faceoff circle, he's quick, and gritty. Brandon Prust
- 27 years old. 5 points in 21 games this season. This guy is a total gamer. Complete team guy. One of my favorite non-Wings. He can play a regular shift, hits everything in sight, and can score here and there.Arron Asham
- 33 years old. 6 points in 24 games this year. Solid fighter and good forechecker. He's got playoff experience, but I'd personally like to see us grab a younger guy.Tim Jackman
- 30 years old. 4 points in 22 games. One of the better 4th liners in the NHL. Solid hitter. George Parros
- 31 years old. 1 point in 11 games this season. Been injured for a while, but he's got playoff experience and he's one of the more experienced scrappers in the league. I'd be surprised if he left Anaheim, though.Travis Moen
- 29 years old. 10 points in 24 games. Solid grinder with veteran experience. He's got a nose for the net and is one of Montreal's more consistent offensive players. Sean Avery
- 31 years old. 2 points in 10 games since getting re-called. Sure, he's a controversial character, but when he plays his game and keeps his mouth shut, he's awful effective. Wouldn't mind seeing Avery's return to Detroit. Brad Winchester
- 30 years old. 4 points in 21 games. big, physical presence who can score on occasion. Wouldn't mind seeing him here to bolster the bottom 6. Tanner Glass
- 28 years old. Has had a surprisingly good offensive start to the season. 10 points in 24 games on a line not known for its offensive prowess. This guy is the real deal, folks. Great team guy. Shawn Thornton
- 34 years old. 3 points in 22 games. One of the best defensively responsible 4th liners in the game, and he's a good scrapper. Veteran with past playoff success.Zenon Konopka
- 30 years old. 4 points in 18 games. Faceoff specialist. Another team guy who can skate pretty well. Matt Martin
- 22 years old. RFA after this year. 4 points in 22 games. One of the best hitters in the league. Not afraid to drop the gloves. Jared Boll
- 25 years old. RFA after this year. 1 point in 9 games. Can play on the penalty kill and blocks shots. Sticks up for his teammates. Ferocious on the forecheck.Kyle Chipchura
- 25 years old. RFA after this year. 3 points in 13 games this season. Decent on the faceoffs from what I know. Would be a good 13th forward.Derek Dorsett
- 24 years old. RFA after this year. 5 points in 23 games this season. One of my favorite non-Wings. He's got all the tools to be a legit power forward in this league. Pretty quick skater and a hard hitter. Scrappy combatant indeed, and he's not afraid of anyone. I've discussed this guy with a few different posters here, and he reminds me of McCarty. Kenny, if you're listening, make a trade for this guy.
- 28 years old. 6'0", 217. Michigan native. He's got some playoff experience, and he can put up a few points. In addition, he can throw his body around and block shots.Jim Vandermeer
- 31 years old. 6'1", 210. Classic stay-at-home defenseman. Blocks shots. Pretty good scrapper, and kills penalties. Sheldon Brookbank
- 31 years old. 6'1", 200. Fiesty guy who will definitely make sure nobody gets in the same zip code as Howard.Clayton Stoner
- 26 years old. 6'3", 225. Clears the crease and drops the gloves. Shane O'Brien
- 28 years old. 6'3", 230. Big, scrappy defenseman who has grown into a vocal leader on a relatively young Colorado team. Clears the crease, blocks shots, he's the real deal when it comes to stay at home defenseman.Ryan Wilson
- 24 years old. 6'1", 207. RFA after this year. Another one who falls into my "Real deal" category. One of the hardest hitting defenders in the league. Additionally, he's put up 12 points this year. Theo Peckham
- 6'2", 235. RFA after this year. 24 years old. Hard hitting guy who will keep the opposition honest.Mark Fistric
- 6'2", 233. RFA after this year. 25 years old. One of the hardest hitting defensemen in the league, along with Ryan Wilson. One of my favorite defensemen.
Barret Jackman is kind of a ******, and he's getting old, but I wouldn't be upset if we picked him up for cheap.
Sorry for the obscenely long list. Bored tonight.