Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Wings are soft as hell.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

They sure do.

And you can also count this year's Pens.

Lots of tough teams win the Cup nowadays.

are you suggesting that this years pengwhines are going to win the Cup?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#42 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Who do this year's Pens have?

Engelland, Asham, and Macintyre. All of whom could likely walk into our forward gate and fight their way through the Wings bench and walk out the defense gate relativley unscathed.

Bertuzzi can fight but hes not the 27 year old 250lb monster he used to be in Vancouver - plus hed had a few concussions ... I dont want to see Bert fighting tough guys. Abdelkader is a decent also. I agree with TS in saying that grabbing someone who can play the game and eat up minutes but is ready/willing/capable to throw down to defend teammates or spark the bench when needed.

#43 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Yeah - regular season means so much...

Had we faced them last spring - we would've had a repeat of 1995...Some here tend to forget how throughout the playoffs the game tends to favor teams that can not only score goals, but can physically dominate you as well.

Geez, talk about being melodramatic.

Posted Image

#44 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

I'm soft as hell too and I also hate it <_<

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#45 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Geez, talk about being melodramatic.

No - just bloody honest.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#46 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

No - just bloody honest.

No, that's being melodramatic.

The Wings weren't a world beater by any means, but they could have put up a fight against any team in the league last post-season. They went 7 games against a team that has had their number, and swept a team they struggled with the previous year.

Hell, the tiny Canadiens went 7 against Boston and almost pulled off a series win. Boston would have most certainly beat Detroit last year, but Detroit could have won one or two games.

For the record, I think San Jose would have had the best chance to beat Boston.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 30 November 2011 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

#47 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

downy fabric softeners make towels soft as hell.
Posted Image

#48 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

downy fabric softeners make towels soft as hell.

So you're saying we need Jiri Fischer to wash the jerseys for the team? I agree!!!! He'd probably use sandpaper and glass to clean those suckers!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#49 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

No, that's being melodramatic.

The Wings weren't a world beater by any means, but they could have put up a fight against any team in the league last post-season. They went 7 games against a team that has had their number, and swept a team they struggled with the previous year.

Hell, the tiny Canadiens went 7 against Boston and almost pulled off a series win. Boston would have most certainly beat Detroit last year, but Detroit could have won one or two games.

For the record, I think San Jose would have had the best chance to beat Boston.

No Doc - it's called an honest opinion of where our beloved Detroit Red Wings have a weakness.

Edited by F.Michael, 30 November 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#50 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

No Doc - it's called an honest opinion of where our beloved Detroit Red Wings have a weakness.

You aren't talking about a weakness. You are talking about a Bruins team sweeping Detroit in a seven game series, something that hasn't happened since 2003.

That is a really bold assertion about a team that hasn't beaten Detroit since 09. And beat every single team they played this month EXCEPT for Detroit.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 01 December 2011 - 01:50 AM.

Posted Image

#51 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

The Wings always coast through the regular season with no problems but when the playoffs come teams real weaknesses are exposed. I wouldn't mind seeing this team get a bit tougher to play against when it counts.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#52 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

You aren't talking about a weakness. You are talking about a Bruins team sweeping Detroit in a seven game series, something that hasn't happened since 2003.

That is a really bold assertion about a team that hasn't beaten Detroit since 09. And beat every single team they played this month EXCEPT for Detroit.

It's a weakness that would have lead to a 4 game sweep had we faced Boston...Again it's a personal opinion.

I think we can all agree that the Wings have struggled getting by teams that employ a physical style of play...The upcoming playoffs of 2012 will be no different; maybe with some moves made by the trade deadline to address this issue we can increase our chances of seeing our favorite team win it's 12th Cup.

Edited by F.Michael, 01 December 2011 - 03:09 AM.