• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

December 2011 Schedule Wallpaper Now Available!

Rate this topic

Thanks for the great feedback last month everyone! I do like the inclusion of the Grand Rapids Griffins schedule, but I'm trying to find an effective way of applying it to the current rendition without it getting too busy -- especially at smaller resolutions. Speaking of (slightly) smaller resolutions: You can now use the LGW Calendar Schedule Wallpaper on your iPhone4/S and your iPad/2! The iPhone4 version is specifically formatted for your lock screen.

I'd love your feedback on these! (Specifically the iPad version -- I don't personally own one, so I wasn't able to test the layout against any pre-existing lock screen issues like I could with the iPhone4. Also, I'm definitely open to adding versions for Android devices -- but I'd base it on the highest, most-popular screen resolution and I'd need a template guide to avoid the same on-screen o/s features.)

Enjoy!

2011dec_600a.jpg

Widescreen: 1920x1200 | 1920x1080 | 1680x1050 |1440x900 | 1366x768 | 1280x800

4:3: 1600x1200 | 1400x1050 | 1280x960 | 1280x1024

iPad & iPad2: 1024x1024 iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S: 640x960

Thanks for the great feedback last month everyone! I do like the inclusion of the Grand Rapids Griffins schedule, but I'm trying to find an effective way of applying it to the current rendition without it getting too busy -- especially at smaller resolutions.

What do you have so far? I'm sure others would be interested in what you've tried and could maybe help give feedback to tweak it.

The iPhone version is perfect. Great job!

I agree. The space at the top is very nice, since I only use the top row of icons on my first screen.

For GR games, maybe you could place a logo in the top-left corner- just a blue triangle would also work. It would be nice to know what days the Griffins are playing, but time, tv, logos, etc. aren't necessary for me.

Guest stinky fish taco

does everyone really want the GRG schedule added in? sounds like a bad idea.

does everyone really want the GRG schedule added in? sounds like a bad idea.

Any indication would be great for me. I like watching the games online, but I don't often go out of my way for the schedule. It isn't a big deal, but it would help the posters here that watch the Griffins. Usually I'll watch the Griffins if the Wings aren't playing and there isn't a game that interests me in the NHL.

Guest Save The Octopus

Does not work for the iPad 2. The "slide to unlock" bar is right over the week of the 18th and everything under that is cut off. Also, iPad resolution is 1024×768.

Zoomed out on the image. Works great now!

Edited by Save The Octopus

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Does not work for the iPad 2. The "slide to unlock" bar is right over the week of the 18th and everything under that is cut off. Also, iPad resolution is 1024×768.

"Though iPad has a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi), but this isn’t the right wallpaper size to use on it.

The right wallpaper size to use on Apple iPad is 1024 x 1024 pixels because iPad screen rotates when users switch from Portrait to Landscape mode."

Edited by L3T5G0W1NG5

Guest Save The Octopus

"Though iPad has a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi), but this isn’t the right wallpaper size to use on it.

The right wallpaper size to use on Apple iPad is 1024 x 1024 pixels because iPad screen rotates when users switch from Portrait to Landscape mode."

I figured it out. I must have hit the screen when setting the wallpaper, causing it to zoom in. I went back and played with it. Works great.

Here you go, muffin.

http://i.imgur.com/eZY18.jpg

eZY18.jpg

Thanks! I found a wikipedia link that lists displays by pixel density and it seems that a lot of android based phones are actually 480x800. If you can't get the wallpaper to set to the full screen properly on your android phone, I suggest Wallpaper Wizardrii. It's a free app, and it helped me set this as my wallpaper. I'll have to get some batteries, take a picture of what it looks like and upload it so you have a better idea of the android layout.

Thanks a lot for the wallpapers, even though no love for Android. We are not all iSheep you know :D

I got a -1 for making a joke? I guess some people are touchy about their cellphones laugh.gif

Edited by DaWinger

Thanks a lot for the wallpapers, even though no love for Android. We are not all iSheep you know :D

I have absolutely no problem with making an official Android-based one (I mentioned as much at the top), I'd just prefer to make one that satisfies two key needs: a high resolution and popularity. If the 480x800 works for you guys (I know there's at least one that's higher), then I'll release that as well.

Thanks for the feedback!