• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Bobby Ryan/Jarome Iginla watch

Rate this topic

I listen to xm in the mornings on the way to work. And these two guys were going on and on this morning about Bobby Ryan to Nashville for Shea Weber. It would be a total long shot, but both are in desperate need. I personally don't see it. You just don't see these mega swap deals during the year like this. I look at these two players, and think if these guys are going to be moved, it will be at the deadline.

Guest irishock

Holland won't do it sadly. Although we've looked great as of late, we still need that other guy alongside Datsyuk and Zetterberg to produce.

Edited by irishock

I would LOVE Bobby Ryan. Iginla is too old at this point, and makes $7 million. Ryan is 24 and can put up 80 points on a good team. Filppula/Zetterberg/Ryan? s*** yes. Could probably have 80 points from all (yes, all) those players over a season with that line. There is extra blood flow to the middle area of my body just thinking about it.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Neither, based on bigger future defensive needs alone. But if defense is shored up then yes, Ryan all day.

I think we have the cap to fill future defensive needs and grab a top 6 forward.

I think we have the cap to fill future defensive needs and grab a top 6 forward.

All depends on the market. If guys like Ericsson are getting 3mil+ contracts, then I wouldn't be so sure about the Wings' spending power.

AlL I'm saying is that I'd rather see the blueline get addressed before bringing in another forward. I know Smith is coming through, but we have a lot more prospects at forward than on defense or even in goal.

I would LOVE Bobby Ryan. Iginla is too old at this point, and makes $7 million. Ryan is 24 and can put up 80 points on a good team. Filppula/Zetterberg/Ryan? s*** yes. Could probably have 80 points from all (yes, all) those players over a season with that line. There is extra blood flow to the middle area of my body just thinking about it.

:rolleyes:

Your boy Filppula will likely be traded if we get Ryan.

I doubt the Ducks want Hudler.

I think it's safe to say that Ryan's off the market.

If this was the last year of Iginla's contract, I'd be all for acquiring him. We have the cap space this year to take on his prorated salary.

But I think his $7M for next season would handcuff us too much.

Edited by Nevermind

Used to think Filppula was a waste of money for how much he is paid until recently, and it's about time he played to his potential as harsh as that sounds. But unfortunately if Holland is going to make a trade Filppula will have to be a part of it, he's really the only person of value and it's skyrocketing right now. Contrary to popular belief of Hudler Slappies the trade value of a slow, small one-dimensional player that's an UFA next year isn't that high. And they won't trade Zetterberg no matter how much it's suggested. Won't happen.

All for Iginla if Holland can get him at the right price. He can net 40-50 goals / play at an elite level for the Red Wings for two or three more years. He may lose his physical edge but his shot and instinct to score won't diminish. At this point San Jose has Detroit figured out in the playoffs (see the last two years if you don't believe me), argue all you want, it's still true. Have a hunch San Jose wouldn't have an answer for a Datsyuk - Iginla connection, assuming they play each other in the playoffs. I can see Datysuk getting 70+ assists and Iginla getting 50+ goals if they played together all season. Iggy's shot has burned Howard a couple times so far this season, all on a s***ty Calgary team.

It would have to be Filppula + Smith + another high end prospect + 1st. I don't think Iginla's value is that high but that's what it'll probably take. Calgary may not even be interested in that anyways. Regardless, Iginla is the exact player everyone wants. Big, fast, physical, fighting, right-handed scoring power forward that isn't afraid to go in the middle of the ice.

I feel Iginla has always wanted to play in Detroit, especially given his statements about the DRW organization the past week. They are the favorite out of the West if they get him IMO

Edited by dallas27

Be upset all you want about someone mentioning Franzen, but he is just too inconsistent for my liking. Bobby Ryan and Jerome Iginla are waaaaaaay better than Franzen. You guys want to improve this team but you only want to offer scrubs that nobody wants. It takes talent to acquire talent. Hudler isn't gonna bring us anything, Miller isn't either. Holland tried trading Hudler all summer and nobody wanted him with all his "potential." He has worse value now. You have to trade someone unless you are perfectly fine with Franzen scoring 20 points in 10 games then disappearing for 20, then scoring 20 more in 15, then disappearing for the rest of the season and playoffs.