• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings recalled forward Chris Conner from the Grand Rapids Griffins after Wednesday's game.

The club placed right wing Patrick Eaves (broken jaw) on short-term injured reserve. He's expected to be out six-to-eight weeks.

Conner will join the club on its three-game road trip to Buffalo (Friday), Colorado (Sunday) and St. Louis (Tuesday).

Conner, 27, leads the Griffins with 23 points (seven goals, 16 assists) in 20 games. The 5-foot-7, 180-pound right wing and Livonia native has 16 goals and 24 assists in 139 career NHL games with Dallas and Pittsburgh.

From Mlive.com

Anyone think he will make a difference?

Personally I think he will be comparable to Abdelkader as far as scoring

#2 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

lol you beat me by a minute

#3 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Does this mean Brunnstrom is gone again? I haven't seen enough of him to even give an opinion, but I'm sure Babcock knows more than I do.....

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

This team is getting faster and faster. I watched Connor play when I went to MTech, I'm excited to see what he can do in a Winged Wheel.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

I figured they would send Brunny down last night to avoid him having to clear waivers again. IIRC he would have to clear waivers from today on if he were sent down or called up.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#6 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

This team is getting faster and faster. I watched Connor play when I went to MTech, I'm excited to see what he can do in a Winged Wheel.

this is what I wanted to hear. I miss Patty, but this guy may just have gotten his chance at the Big Club. We shall see!! I am envisioning a Cleary-type story of "here's my chance, I am gonna make the most of it."

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#7 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Does this mean Brunnstrom is gone again? I haven't seen enough of him to even give an opinion, but I'm sure Babcock knows more than I do.....

Brunsström's wife is giving birth any day now so Wings allow him to stay home for the road trip.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#8 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

Brunsström's wife is giving birth any day now so Wings allow him to stay home for the road trip.

So is he considered a healthy scratch? I haven't seen enough of him to have an informed opinion so I'm not sure if Conner will be anything different than Brunnstrom.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#9 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

So is he considered a healthy scratch? I haven't seen enough of him to have an informed opinion so I'm not sure if Conner will be anything different than Brunnstrom.

Conner is much faster and battles harder night in and out. Think of a faster Cleary with less offensive skills.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#10 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

Can't they just call up Nyqvist and get it over with already?

Another smallish forward who will lose puck battles.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#11 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Conner is much faster and battles harder night in and out. Think of a faster Cleary with less offensive skills.

Conner is a lot smaller than Cleary though.

#12 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'm just itchin to see SOME of Brunner. Put him on a line with Pav or Hank. A guy can only do so much when his linemates are Cleary and Helm. Those guys are good players, but they are not facilitaters. Give him someone who can hand out the sugar!!!!

#13 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

I'm just itchin to see SOME of Brunner. Put him on a line with Pav or Hank. A guy can only do so much when his linemates are Cleary and Helm. Those guys are good players, but they are not facilitaters. Give him someone who can hand out the sugar!!!!

I suspect that the Wings believe Brunnstrom is going to have go through the same process as those before him. If you want to be in the top-six and unless you're a Zetterberg or Datsyuk, then you're going to have to work your way up from the 4th line like Franzen, Cleary, Holmstrom, Hudler, etc. or 3rd/4th line like Filppula.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,725 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

No reason to play him unless it's on the top 2 lines, with skilled teammates.

With his size, it'll be pointless playing him on the 3rd and 4th lines. You can only have so many undersized forwards trying to be checkers. Helm, Hudler and now possibly Conner.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

I suspect that the Wings believe Brunnstrom is going to have go through the same process as those before him. If you want to be in the top-six and unless you're a Zetterberg or Datsyuk, then you're going to have to work your way up from the 4th line like Franzen, Cleary, Holmstrom, Hudler, etc. or 3rd/4th line like Filppula.

rightfully so, if you ask me

#16 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Brunnstrom was impressive during camp. He's been depressing the little I watched him in the regular season. I don't think he's ever going to make the NHL.

Conner, though small, seems to have lots of speed and grit to his game. More of a poor man's Helm?

#17 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

If he's in over Brunnstrom good, he may be small but he's quick and battles hard. But put him with Abby and not Helm, balance out the speed.

#NOMOREKINDL

#18 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Brunnstrom was impressive during camp. He's been depressing the little I watched him in the regular season. I don't think he's ever going to make the NHL.

Conner, though small, seems to have lots of speed and grit to his game. More of a poor man's Helm?

This is a good assessment of both players. Brunnnstrom hasn't really put together a full game during the regular season. He usually looks impressive his first few shifts, but quickly becomes invisable.

If Conner were six inches taller, I think he'd be a consistent fourth liner. He has good speed and battles hard.

#19 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

No reason to play him unless it's on the top 2 lines, with skilled teammates.

With his size, it'll be pointless playing him on the 3rd and 4th lines. You can only have so many undersized forwards trying to be checkers. Helm, Hudler and now possibly Conner.

Wrong again.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,725 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Wrong again.

Naturally.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 December 2011 - 10:47 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.