• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

2011-12 NBA Season Thread

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Yes. The NBA is back. If anyone cares...

Any predictions on who's getting amnestied? Could be Gordon, Charlie V, Rip or Maxiell.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Also looks like CP3 and Howard are indeed headed elsewhere during this season and 2012 free agency.

It's a shame you can't use the amnesty rule on all four of those guys really. I would definitely pick Villanueva though if it was up to me. Although, I read yesterday it is unlikely the Pistons will use amnesty on anyone at this point. May as well see if any trades are out there -- I still think some team would take Rip.

Regardless, this team is a disaster and the Palace is going to be deserted all season. I honestly wasn't going to care a whole lot if the NBA didn't play at all, as my interest in the league dwindles more every year.

Really hoping Prince signs elsewhere and Ben Wallace just goes away too. If you're going to lose games, may as well do it with the future of the team gaining experience. The Pistons finally have some decent young pieces to build around and Frank is a good coach, as long as he gets a chance to develop them. An apathetic fan base may actually work in his favor for awhile.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest irishock

'09 free agency did come back to bite us in the ass...... hard. The Pistons must get rid of these thugs in their locker room.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Lmao, the NBA just had a lockout in which Owners wanted to stop the big markets from getting all the star players leaving no chance of small markets to win... And now we have CP3 demanding trade to NY and Howard most likely leaving for LA.

What the hell was the purpose of the 149 day lockout then?

I just heard something about Prince on ESPN, so I just assumed we fnally came to our senses and let him walk. And then I hear that PRINCE RE-SIGNED FOR 4 YEARS???? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? :blink:

This is absolute madness.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest irishock

To sum up the past few days....

A reported 3 team deal between LAL, NOH, and HOU would send Chris Paul to LA, Gasol to Houston, and Kevin Martin/Luis Scola/ Lamar Odom to New Orleans. The deal was agreed upon, but the NBA killed off the trades "for basketball reasons."

Since the NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets, they have decided to veto the trade and claim that "all transactions by the Hornets must be approved by the NBA's league office."

The NBA is in huge trouble.

-Brandon Roy retires

-Vince Carter to Dallas

-Tyson Chandler to NY

-THE PISTONS RE-SIGN TAYSHAUN FOR 4 MORE ******* YEARS

So the Pistons are willing to bring back Prince, but they now decide to part ways with Rip? Don't get me wrong, it was beyond time for Rip to move on, though I would prefer the Pistons just clean house entirely while they are at it. The Prince deal is still extremely puzzling especially when you have Daye, Jerebko and eventually Singler on the roster to play small forward.

I know things didn't end ideally with Rip the past couple seasons, but he deserves some appreciation from Pistons fans. In his prime, there was nobody who had a better midrange game and he was a huge part of the 2004 championship and the amazing stretch of deep playoff runs. Rip, Chauncey, Tayshaun, Rasheed and Ben together brought the best memories I have as a fan. Definitely the end of an era for the Pistons.

Guest irishock

I don't like the signing of Stuckey, guy is a clear chucker and only looks to score by himself.

and f*** Tayshaun, Charlie V, BG.

Guest irishock

Pistons win 2nd straight, this time against the Magic.

Who knows, this might be the start of something special

I didn't realize anyone still watched the NBA.

I honestly haven't watched much since Jordan retired from the Bulls the 2nd time.

Welcome to the United Center. 25,000 will be here to see your team run out of the building by Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Miller, Hardaway, Cartwright, Paxson, Kerr, Rodman, and co. ---90s me.

Guest irishock

The NBA has been awful to watch with this condensed schedule. Pistons are averaging 86 points a gameclap.gif

The shooting has been horrendous and for some reason LA is burning Kobe out with the most minutes per game and taking the most shots in the league. He's averaging 29 a game but the Lakers are 14-11, out of the playoffs and their fans are unhappy.

Guest irishock

I've watched Lin play. All I can say is that he dominates the ball way too much and turns it over a lot, while shooting at an unbelievable rate. Once defenses can study the guy, he won't keep up the numbers for very long. He'll probably be a decent PG in this league though, especially with Melo and Amar'e on his team.