• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

2011-12 NBA Season Thread

Rate this topic

Pistons have been playing very well as of late, especially the SuperCollider. Perhaps JoeD was right about him afterall? It's funny what a position change and getting a real point guard can do for the team. Pistons started off 4-20 but have went 12-9 since. Being 5 games back with I think 21 to go, if they keep this up they might be able to sneak into the playoffs as the 8th seed.

Guest irishock

Pistons are being out-tanked by other eastern conference teams. I like Knight and that swedish guy named Jonas.

Guest irishock

I think the Pistons might be in the playoffs next season especially if Philadelphia and Orlando fall out. 21-21 to end the season and Lawrence Frank has found a way to teach these young guys how to win.

Guest irishock

1st round matchups:

Chicago vs Philadelphia

Miami vs New York

Indiana vs Orlando

Boston vs Atlanta

Spurs vs Jazz

Thunder vs Dallas

LA vs Denver

Memphis vs LAC

Also, the spurs recorded their 13th consecutive 50+ win seasons. That right there is consistency at its finest. And they did it this year in a shortened schedule. It's also their 15th straight playoff appearance (slowly creeping up on the Wings)

Guest irishock

Derrick Rose torn MCL and ACL, out for remainder of playoffs. Looks like Miami will get a free ride to the Finals. Doesn't mean they'll beat LA or San Antonio though (OKC won't make it past 2nd round with their PG play)

Guest irishock

If you guys think NHL reffing is garbage, wait until you watch the NBA's. It's so blatantly obvious that the refs plan for a Miami vs LA/OKC Finals match up. And neither one of those teams will be able to stop LeDouche from winning his first ring. I think only the Spurs can do it, but the officiating will go against them.

Guest irishock

Defending champ Dallas is about to be swept.

2003 Detroit Red Wings- esque

If Wings fans are mad with Holland, they would be hunting down Mark Cuban right now. They got rid of the 3 big core players to try and sign Dwight Howard this offseason (who opted in for '12'-'13) and Deron Williams (might stay with the Nets).

2003 Detroit Red Wings- esque

If Wings fans are mad with Holland, they would be hunting down Mark Cuban right now. They got rid of the 3 big core players to try and sign Dwight Howard this offseason (who opted in for '12'-'13) and Deron Williams (might stay with the Nets).

Except Detroit finished better than 7th. :)

Now the only thing I care about is LeBron, D-Wade, and Co. getting eliminated in embarrassing fashion again.

Guest irishock

Did anyone actually even think the Pacers stood a chance even though Bosh is out? Miami will have big troubles against Boston, and there's zero chance they beat either WC team.

Guest irishock

LeBron 0-3 against Texas teams in the Finals would be something, lol.