• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Well if they do it at the Big House, it will be different. For the game to be "special", you have to keep it different and interesting. I agree with another poster having it against Toronto would bring a huge amount of Leafs fans. Do we want that? :blink:

I do. Imagine the Leafs chants battling the Wings chants. It would make it memorable and casual fans would be hooked by the atmosphere.

And let's not forget people, the Big House has giant screens that could play the action, too, doesn't it? Or would they not play during game time, even in such a situation?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#82 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

I live in Ontario and usually catch about 3 Leafs games a year. I'll be at the one on Saturday too. The ACC is a very nice arena. Anyway, Leaf fans are not very loud. They generally only make noise when the team scores. All arenas now sound quiet to me though. It's because my very first hockey game live was at the old Chicago Stadium when #19 and the Wings were playing. It was so loud I had tears in my eyes and thought I'd gone deaf. It was great! :lol:

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#83 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

So Red Wings, and Maple Leafs...

Posted Image Posted Image

I live in Ontario and usually catch about 3 Leafs games a year. I'll be at the one on Saturday too. The ACC is a very nice arena. Anyway, Leaf fans are not very loud. They generally only make noise when the team scores. All arenas now sound quiet to me though. It's because my very first hockey game live was at the old Chicago Stadium when #19 and the Wings were playing. It was so loud I had tears in my eyes and thought I'd gone deaf. It was great! :lol:

The old Chicago Stadium was nutz...Was there a handful of times for Red Wing, and Maple Leaf games.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#84 Mason

Mason

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

http://www.annarbor....chigan-stadium/

What do you guys think!?

#85 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Topic already being discussed here: http://www.letsgowin...n-next-2-years/

But it's nice to have some added meat to the rumors. Very exciting!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#86 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Really??? I can only hope that you are joking, since Ralph Wilson Stadium is home to the "Buffalo" Bills. If you are not joking, does that mean the Bills never host any games?

It was in reply to one poster saying that the "home city" had to host it.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#87 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

I'm hoping for Wings vs. Leafs at the Big House, but I think Comerica Park will probably win out.

The biggest reason for this is that they can't sell alcohol at Michigan Stadium and that makes up a significant portion of the revenue at any pro sports game.

#88 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

From Toronto Star:

Fingers crossed there will be a replay of breathless Leafs-Wings hockey, in the great outdoors, come January 1, 2013. A well-placed league source tells the Star there is a “90 per cent’’ likelihood these forever rivals will be featured in next year’s Winter Classic, a cross-border, cross-conference al fresco showpiece.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#89 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

If this does happen, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being in Ann Arbor. It'd certainly be cool for it to happen obviously, but I don't think the Illitch's would want to share revenues with anybody else in this situation. Again that'd be cool as well and certainly generous but assuming this happens I don't see issues or fault or getting pissed off at being selfish about it. I'd expect it to be at Comerica Park. Either place would be cool to see it at. Would love to possibly make plans for a trip up to it just to be in the area, even if game prices are way too much out of my reach.

#90 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

If this does happen, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being in Ann Arbor. It'd certainly be cool for it to happen obviously, but I don't think the Illitch's would want to share revenues with anybody else in this situation. Again that'd be cool as well and certainly generous but assuming this happens I don't see issues or fault or getting pissed off at being selfish about it. I'd expect it to be at Comerica Park. Either place would be cool to see it at. Would love to possibly make plans for a trip up to it just to be in the area, even if game prices are way too much out of my reach.

UofM's alcohol policy in the big house would also be an issue. I think he would put it at Comerica Park before he would split the revenues as well.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain