#21 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Yzerman is close. But I think this is an even closer comparison:

Posted Image

Except that kid can still grow a better playoff beard.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#22 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

If I were Gordie Howe, I think I'd hunt you down, slap you upside the head and ask what you've been smoking. What an insult to that man.
Posted Image

#23 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:10 AM

People forget what a dirty SOB Gordie was. Next time you hear an old-timer laughing about an opponent lying on the ice and only Gordie knew what had happened, just think about that for a minute. Of course in the days of only 1 ref and limited TV cameras, you could get away with that kind of thing. Not to forget that in those days, reputation was very important to how opponents treated you. Players were scared to give Gordie a sly slash or whatever, because they knew what would come their way later.

Anyway, I think the Forsberg with more goals and less defence is a decent comparison.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk