• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Ryan Miller gets taken out by Boston. The Sabres answer the bell eventually. My question is being your brother, given the opportunity, you being Drew? Would you take action? We know he would not do well against Lucic but just for your bro.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

Ryan Miller gets taken out by Boston. The Sabres answer the bell eventually. My question is being your brother, given the opportunity, you being Drew? Would you take action? We know he would not do well against Lucic but just for your bro.

Drew's primary obligation is to the Red Wings. His time on the ice is not given for his own personal priorities.

Edited by Crymson, 02 December 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

Huh?

We're not playing the Bruins tonight. Too late for revenge.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Good Lord. It's hypothetical question. If you drop a bar of soap in the dirt, is the soap dirty or is the dirt clean.

#5 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm not talking obligations to the team. I'm talking about pro hockey in general. It might be the rec league. I'm just asking if you would take retribution. My intellect is not fast enough for this to compute.

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

If I were in that position, probably not. For a couple of reasons. One, Ryan Miller has his teammates to take care of that, and two, it wouldn't make sense to jeopardize your team's chances at winning a game by taking an unnecessary penalty when your team wasn't involved. Maybe you say something to him after or before the game, but on the ice it has to stay separate.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

I think a better question is, what if the same thing happened to Jimmy? The Wings don't even have a Gaustad. Would everyone here be OK with just shrugging it off?

#8 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

I think a better question is, what if the same thing happened to Jimmy? The Wings don't even have a Gaustad. Would everyone here be OK with just shrugging it off?

I think Bert would go after whoever runs Jimmy like that.

#9 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

I guess I'm going to be the opposite in this thread. Do I think he would drop the mitts no. Do I think if lucic had his head down and Drew had a chance to make him feel it I think he would give him a little extra, come up a little high. At the end of the day if you hate a player you hate him. Im assuming Drew doesn't like Lucic at this point. Would he two hand the guy and get suspended no but i would think he would make sure he finishes his check everytime and gives him a little extra given the chance... Not to just defend his brother but because he doesn't like the guy...

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 02 December 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

I'm not talking obligations to the team. I'm talking about pro hockey in general. It might be the rec league. I'm just asking if you would take retribution. My intellect is not fast enough for this to compute.

Is this a Van Damme movie? Retribution for your brother? :hehe:

Sure, I'd do something if I was Miller. Kind of like Domi on Samuelsson. Lucic deserves nothing better than a cheapshot in return.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.