• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

i think that Helm would have a shot at the Selke if he ever got a chance on the 2nd line... or at least the 3rd line with a couple more offensive players on his line. cause we all know, in the NHL in order to be the best defensive forward in the game you have to score at least 30 goals for some stupid reason. that year draper won it...30 goals. why can't it just be for "the best defensive forward"?

Because if we give the "best defensive forward" award to the best defensive forward, then the MVP award has to go to the MVP. Which rarely happens. Last year the "rightful" finalists finished 4th, 15th, and 16th in Hart voting.

on topic though...it's good to see ferraro progressing. they should try to convert him to wing and have a line in a couple years of Helm at centre with Mursak and Ferraro. that's a freakishly fast line.

It could be the "Jimmy John's" line...
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#22 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Lidstrom is a "perennial Norris candidate". Helm is not putting up the offense needed to be considered a perennial Selke candidate. It's just a fact. He could finish top 10 in Selke voting for the next 15 years and still not fit the description. Give me a nudge when he's consistently one of three finalists like Datsyuk is now.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#23 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

He's been rejuvenated this year, that's for sure. Calling him the next Helm, while promising, is still a ways away. Helm is a perennial Selke candidate, let's wait for Ferraro to get his defense to that point first.

Errrrr... he's yet to be nominated for the Selke. Are you referring to Helm's best case scenario for the future?
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#24 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

Errrrr... he's yet to be nominated for the Selke. Are you referring to Helm's best case scenario for the future?

Drake you see alot of griffins games, whats your opinion of Ferraro?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24