• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Beautiful hit, the kind of hit that 100% belongs in the game, i like nino, but keep your head up kid.

Edited by jollymania, 04 December 2011 - 10:52 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,848 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

:unsure:

Did he die from the hit?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

:unsure:

Did he die from the hit?

it is hyperbole
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#4 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

Ok, when are people going to understand that leaving the ice 2 inches with your skates doesn't mean he's leaving his feet to hit a guy. The nature of body checks seems prove that its going to happen more often then not. I seen no maliciousness there.

#5 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Bad announcer is bad...
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#6 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

He did leave his feet, though that part didn't really look intentional. Other than that I don't have too much of a problem with this hit.

Edited by roboturner, 04 December 2011 - 12:01 AM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#7 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

He did leave his feet, though that part didn't really look intentional. Other than that I don't have too much of a problem with this hit.

Posted Image

feet were clearly planted at contact

Edited by jollymania, 04 December 2011 - 12:23 AM.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#8 JoshuaW92

JoshuaW92

Finnish Wing

• 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

That was a good, clean hit.

#9 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image

Owned, nice picture evidence.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#10 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

Imagine skating full speed into a wall.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#11 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

Clean hit. Nothing there that is any different than the collection of ones we see from Kronwall. He doesn't leave his feet (jump) to lay the hit, but powers up into it when contact is made.

#12 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

Posted Image

Thanks for the pic. I thought that it might have been a "Kronwall" situation where his feet leave the ice after contact, but I wasn't sure. It's hard to tell sometimes watching these videos on youtube.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#13 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

It may be clean to us, but he will get suspended simply cause the NHL is terrible at calls like this.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#14 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Would you say the head is the principle point of contact? That's the phrase Shanny seems to love, it looks to me as if that's the case. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great hit but.I wouldn't be surprised if he got a suspension.

#15 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

this is exactly a kronwall type hit

#16 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

The fight took place directly above the injured player. This drives me nuts.

Also, the title of your thread is very incorrect and should be changed.

Edited by Holmstrom96, 04 December 2011 - 08:30 AM.

#17 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

Would you say the head is the principle point of contact? That's the phrase Shanny seems to love, it looks to me as if that's the case. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great hit but.I wouldn't be surprised if he got a suspension.

That's why I feel a suspension is looming. It looks like the brunt of the contact was absorbed through the head, and Shanahan has really cracked down on that, which I can respect. At the same time, Nieddereiter needs to take at least some responsibility for getting caught with his head down. It may have been a hit to the head, but it was anything but blindside.

#18 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

That was a beautiful, clean hit. Probably the best ive seen this season

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#19 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Clean hit. Nothing there that is any different than the collection of ones we see from Kronwall. He doesn't leave his feet (jump) to lay the hit, but powers up into it when contact is made.

Agreed. It is very much like a Kronwall hit.

Honestly though I think the exploding up into hits has been a bad development in hitting style over the years, and something the league may try to curb. Because when you're exploding up into a hit, you're putting your force up towards a guys head, even if your skates are on the ice at the point of contact.

It's possible to crush guys without that leaping up. Stevens was the master at it.

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

[video of hyperbole]

Beautiful hit, the kind of hit that 100% belongs in the game, i like nino, but keep your head up kid.

Reminds me of a Kronwall hit. Explodes up into the player.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".