• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Fistric destroys Niederreiter

Rate this topic

Would you say the head is the principle point of contact? That's the phrase Shanny seems to love, it looks to me as if that's the case. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great hit but.I wouldn't be surprised if he got a suspension.

Would you say the head is the principle point of contact? That's the phrase Shanny seems to love, it looks to me as if that's the case. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great hit but.I wouldn't be surprised if he got a suspension.

That's why I feel a suspension is looming. It looks like the brunt of the contact was absorbed through the head, and Shanahan has really cracked down on that, which I can respect. At the same time, Nieddereiter needs to take at least some responsibility for getting caught with his head down. It may have been a hit to the head, but it was anything but blindside.

Clean hit. Nothing there that is any different than the collection of ones we see from Kronwall. He doesn't leave his feet (jump) to lay the hit, but powers up into it when contact is made.

Agreed. It is very much like a Kronwall hit.

Honestly though I think the exploding up into hits has been a bad development in hitting style over the years, and something the league may try to curb. Because when you're exploding up into a hit, you're putting your force up towards a guys head, even if your skates are on the ice at the point of contact.

It's possible to crush guys without that leaping up. Stevens was the master at it.

Damn it! Why couldn't he have saved that hit for a certain poster boy!?!?! Nice CLEAN hit though, not a thing wrong with it! If he gets a suspension that is what's wrong with the NHL...

...on a sidenote, looks like "Little Neddy" Nederlander may have to go back to silent Hollywood western musical's after that hit! "Sew very old one! Sew like the wind!"